Canada - Eric Wildman, 34, armed & dangerous murder suspect, Winnipeg, MB, 15 June 2021 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
June 15 2021
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/eric-wildman-search-armed-dangerous-manitoba-1.6066152

''Police believe a suspect in a homicide who is considered armed and dangerous could be in Winnipeg and is driving a grey SUV.

RCMP said in a news release late on Tuesday investigators believe 34-year-old Eric Wildman was in Winnipeg on Monday and may be driving a grey 2020 Chevy Equinox with a Manitoba licence plate number KGE 368.

Earlier in the day, multiple RCMP officers combed through a property northeast of Winnipeg they say belongs to Wildman, after they issued an arrest warrant for him.

Mounties believe he is connected to the disappearance of Clifford Joseph.''

''Investigators say the person who used to live in Joseph's home also went missing, RCMP Const. Paul Manaigre said.

Vernon Karl Otto was reported missing in 2018 and his truck was found badly burned a short distance from his home.
His disappearance was also deemed suspicious, and that investigation is ongoing.

A vehicle belonging to Wildman — who was last seen June 11 in Winnipeg's East Kildonan neighbourhood — was found in the city on Friday and searched on Sunday, once police obtained a warrant.

Inside, officers found guns, police tactical equipment, police patches and other items resembling police clothing.''

RCMP Major Crime Services looking for Eric Wildman in relation to homicide | Royal Canadian Mounted Police
June 15 2021 rbbm.
News release

''On June 7, 2021, Selkirk RCMP received a report that 40-year-old Clifford Joseph was missing in the RM of St. Clements. Later that day, Joseph's vehicle, a 1997 Ford Ranger, was located abandoned in a rural area, off Road 44 East. The RCMP Search and Rescue team was deployed and conducted a search of the area. Joseph was not located.

On June 11, 2021, RCMP investigators had enough evidence to determine that Joseph's disappearance was suspicious in nature. RCMP Major Crime Services took the lead on the investigation.

Further investigation led officers to determine that Eric Paul Wildman, 34, from the RM of St. Clements was a person of interest in the disappearance of Joseph and put out a request to the public and the media for assistance.

On June 11, 2021, Wildman's vehicle was recovered. A search warrant was obtained, and the vehicle was searched on June 13, 2021. During that search, officers found firearms, police tactical equipment, police patches, and other items resembling police clothing. It is undetermined whether Wildman has any additional police-related clothing or equipment, or firearms. He was formally charged with Unsafe Transportation of a Firearm and Possession of a Prohibited Device without a Licence. There is a warrant for his arrest on those charges.

RCMP investigators further determined from the evidence that Wildman is a suspect in the homicide of Joseph. The RCMP continues to try to locate Wildman and take him safely into custody.

He is considered armed and dangerous. Do not approach Wildman.

Police are searching a rural property in the RM of St. Clements on June 15, 2021. We are asking that the media do not attend the area, as Wildman is still at large. The RCMP will be providing visuals from the scene as well as an on-camera media availability at RCMP Headquarters in Winnipeg on June 15, 2021. Please call the media line to arrange for interviews with Sgt. Laura LeDrew of RCMP Major Crime Services.

"An investigation is ever evolving, we follow where the evidence leads us and update the public with the most accurate information we have" said Superintendent Michael Koppang, Officer in Charge of RCMP Major Crime Services. "At this time, we consider Eric Wildman to be dangerous and potentially armed. Our officers across southern Manitoba are trying to locate him and we are also working closely with the Winnipeg Police Service as he was last seen in the East Kildonan area. This situation continues to change, and we are committed to keeping the public informed of any developments."

If you have information relating to Eric Wildman, please call 911 or the RCMP tip line at 431-489-8551.''

This is VERY close to where I live so since Sunday I've been keeping my eyes open when I venture out. Police are saying they haven't found a connection between this disappearance and apparent murder of Wildman's neighbour and the disappearance of a neighbour who lived in that same house in 2018. However, it's too much of a coincidence in my opinion. I believe this Toronto Star article to be accurate and true to the facts as we in the community know them. A missing man, a massive fire and a hunt for a suspected killer have this Manitoba community on edge

Last edited:
This is VERY close to where I live so since Sunday I've been keeping my eyes open when I venture out. Police are saying they haven't found a connection between this disappearance and apparent murder of Wildman's neighbour and the disappearance of a neighbour who lived in that same house in 2018. However, it's too much of a coincidence in my opinion. I believe this Toronto Star article to be accurate and true to the facts as we in the community know them. A missing man, a massive fire and a hunt for a suspected killer have this Manitoba community on edge

Not to be an alarmist, but please shelter in place. (ETA: as much as possible, essential trips only.) Don’t open your door to strangers. My opinion only, based on what happened here in NS and my fear of a copycat.

The active shooter will need transportation and gas, that’s his weakness. But also what puts innocent bystanders at risk. My opinion only.

Last edited:
Timeline: The search for Eric Wildman, and what we know so far
''The disappearance of Clifford Joseph, 40, and the ensuing manhunt for his neighbour, Eric Wildman, 34, has unfolded quickly over the past 10 days.
70c8fc80

It all began June 7, with a missing persons’ report.
Mounties were told Joseph was last seen early that morning, leaving his home on Road 44 East in the RM of St. Clements.''
''Later that day, Joseph’s ’97 Ford Ranger was found abandoned in a rural area off the road.''

Still0617_00003.jpg

''On Sunday, a warrant to search Wildman’s vehicle was served, and police say they recovered tactical equipment, police patches, and other items resembling police clothing.
A warrant was issued for his arrest related to a stash of weapons and ammunition officers allegedly found inside the vehicle.''
Wildman-seizure-2.jpg
View image in full screen
Firearms and ammunition RCMP allegedly found during a search of Eric Wildman’s vehicle on June 13, 2021. Handout / Manitoba RCMP
Wildman-seizure-1-1.jpg
View image in full screen
Items resembling police clothing and equipment Manitoba RCMP allegedly recovered from Eric Wildman’s vehicle on June 13, 2021. Handout / Manitoba RCMP

EEKS, wondering where he was possibly heading to?!
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/erick-wildman-arrested-rcmp-1.6070817

''Manitoba homicide suspect Eric Paul Wildman — wanted in connection with the disappearance and presumed death of his neighbour Clifford Joseph — has been arrested by Ontario Provincial Police at a home just outside Belleville, Ont., RCMP say.''

Manitoba manhunt ends with arrest of Eric Wildman in Ontario
''Belleville is about 2,200 km east from the rural municipality of St. Clements, where Wildman lived, and about 200 km from Toronto.''

What I find rather interesting about this case is Wildman went, by taxi I gather, to the airport to rent a vehicle. Then he went to a local Lowe's store, then to Lockport... all not that far from his home. I mean he didn't hijack someone's vehicle and get out of the area immediately. Isn't that rather strange? Also, didn't he realize there are surveillance cameras all over the place now?

Last edited:
''Belleville is about 2,200 km east from the rural municipality of St. Clements, where Wildman lived, and about 200 km from Toronto.''

Im not sure why they keep saying Belleville, he was in PEC, which is north of between Napanee and Belleville. Its an island. So he wasnt heading to Toronto. It is an interesting choice of travel.

Any updates on this one? Very hush hush from the media. The man has not been found yet they are claiming homicide, what did they find to make that conclusion?

Also, he had fake police gear. Very scary to think of what they might have been up to.

June 20 2021 rbbm.
RCMP: Wildman returned to Manitoba, court date set
''Wildman was the focus of a manhunt that lasted over a week, and is a suspect in the homicide of Clifford Joseph, 40, whose body has not been found.

He was arrested at a home in Belleville Ont., early Friday morning, along with an unnamed “associate,” after Mounties say tips came in that the vehicle he was believed to be driving was parked outside.''

''Officers say they were fired upon while entering the home.
According to RCMP, Wildman is charged with:
  • Failing to report the destruction of a prohibited firearm x2
  • Transportation of a firearm contrary to regulations
  • Possession of a prohibited device (over capacity magazine)''
Sister of Manitoba man feared dead in homicide relieved after Eric Wildman's arrest near Belleville, Ont.

• Clifford Joseph, 40, disappeared after leaving his home in the R.M. of St. Clements on June 7 and hasn’t been seen since. (Submitted)
''Clifford Joseph, 40, disappeared after leaving his home in the R.M. of St. Clements on June 7 and hasn’t been seen since.''
''Wildman and Clifford lived next to each on rural properties in the R.M. of St. Clements, but police haven’t elaborated on any relationship between the two men beyond being neighbours.

Felicia said her brother had only lived in the area a couple months. She said he has a daughter and describes him as a genuine person who would help anyone.''

June 23 2021 rbbm.
Manitoba homicide suspect arrested at home of family friend, OPP says
''WINNIPEG -- A court date for a Manitoba man who was the focus of an intense search by RCMP last week has been moved to July.

Eric Wildman, 34, has been charged in Manitoba with three firearms offences and possession of a prohibited device without a licence – charges stemming from searches earlier this month of a vehicle he owned and his property south of Stead, Man, in the R.M. of St. Clements.

Wildman, who was arrested by Ontario Provincial Police last week at a home in Prince Edward County just outside Belleville, was wanted in Manitoba last week in connection with the mysterious disappearance of his neighbour, 40-year-old Clifford Joseph. Joseph’s body hasn’t been found but RCMP investigators believe he’s the victim of a homicide.''

Sept 10 2021
Man arrested in shootout with Ontario police charged with killing Manitoba neighbour | Toronto Sun
''Eric Wildman, who is 34, faces a charge of first-degree murder in the death of Clifford Joseph, whose body was found in July in the rural area of Stead, northeast of Winnipeg.''
''We could not have anticipated at the outset the events that would come next — a manhunt, shots fired at officers and finally an arrest. Through all of it, our investigators worked tirelessly to find out what happened to Mr. Joseph,” Supt. Michael Koppang said in a news release Friday.

“We offer Mr. Joseph’s family our sincere condolences on their loss. We hope that by laying this charge, we can offer Mr. Joseph’s family some answers as to what happened to their loved one, and help them find some peace.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cl30092
Back