CANADA Canada - Helga Kaserer, 13, Toronto, 29 December 1960, *Fresh initiative*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
Canada's Missing | Case details

Case reference: 2014005187

In the afternoon of December 29, 1960, Helga Kaserer was seen for the last time in the area of Harvard Avenue and Roncesvalles Avenue in Toronto, Ontario
KASERER, Helga

Missing since
December 29, 1960
Year of birth
Age at disappearance
Bio group
White
Eye colour
Brown
Hair
Brown
Height
157cm / 5 ft 2 in
Weight
48kg / 106lb
Build
Slender/Thin

Boots
Black
Coat
Grey, Beige, CLOTH
Sweater
Red
Dress
Blue, Polka dot

Toronto Police Service :: News Release #43959
June 3 2019
"Missing Persons Unit
416-808-7411
The Toronto Police Service Missing Persons Unit (MPU) became operational on July 1, 2018. The MPU is a subsection of Homicide and ensures a consistent process and investigative response for all occurrences of persons missing in Toronto, or on the way to/from the city of Toronto. This includes both newly reported and historic cases of missing persons and unidentified human remains.

The MPU frequently highlights cases involving unsolved missing persons investigations, in this instance, four cases involving missing children that are still open:

"Helga Kaserer, then 13, was last seen on December 29, 1960, by her neighbour travelling on foot westbound along Harvard Avenue towards Roncesvalles Avenue.
She came to Canada from Austria in 1956.

She was described as white, 5'1½", 105 lbs., short, curly brown hair, brown eyes and she was wearing a grey and beige checked coat and a dark blue dress with polka dots.

Her case is also featured on Canada's Missing website, which is the website for the National Centre for Missing Persons and Unidentified Remains."

June 3 2019
Sister of missing person who disappeared in 1960 encouraged by renewed interest in Toronto historical cases
"Ingrid Pfohl was just 11 years old in 1960 and remembers the sadness in her Roncesvalles home after her 13-year-old sister Helga Kaserer, a student at Fern Avenue public school, vanished on Dec. 29 of that year.

“I went skating to High Park and left my sister, which was normal, and when I got back from skating and mom and dad were home,” Pfohl recalled from her home in Kitchener.

“Mom made dinner and she wasn’t home for dinner, and that was very unusual. She was always home for dinner.”

"Pfohl said her mother called her friends and when nobody knew where Helga was, her mother called police. She remembers being awakened in the middle of the night by officers who questioned her about her sister’s disappearance. For years, the Kaserer family held out hope that Helga would be found but she never turned up, much to the disbelief of the family."

Pfohl said she was surprised when she received a call from the Toronto police last month and was told they wanted to meet with her.

“I was so surprised when Const. Kelly called and said they were looking into her case after 59 years. Wow, that’s a long time,” she said"

It’s been 59 years since 13 year-old Helga Kaserer vanished from her family’s Roncesvalles street. With renewed interest from the @TorontoPolice missing persons unit, her sister hopes someone will come forward & help close the case. “It’s a void, it would be nice to have closure”

Catherine McDonald @cmcdonaldglobal

Ingrid Pfohl is Helga Kaserer’s only sibling and still holds out hope someone will come forward and help solve the mystery of what happened. Helga was 13-year-old when she disappeared in 1960 & attended Fern Ave Public School. If you can help, call @TorontoPolice #missingpersons

helga-kaserer-then-13-was-last-seen-on-december-29-1960-e1559589006516.jpg

Helga Kaserer, then 13, was last seen on December 29, 1960. (Toronto Police handout) Click on photo to enlarge.

LINK:
STILL SEARCHING: Four T.O. kids missing for decades but not forgotten

Wonderful they are doing this. Refreshing this old missing persons cases.
Another picture of her from the interview with her sister. (sorry for the tekst through it, maybe somebody can fix that) Such a sweetie. upload_2020-4-29_12-36-50.png

@CarlK90245 can you please share your opinion on this if you are not to busy? Helga probably didn't made it out of Toronto alive, being only 13, but why does immediately Miss X comes to mind? Are my eyes cheating on me? Stats are ok. Both 5'2, Miss X 110 - 115 lbs, being pregnant, Helga 106 lbs, brown hair somewhat curly, both brown eyes, Miss X being between 16 - 25 when found in 1967. Helga would have been 20 in 1967. Possible European decent. Helga was originally from Austria.
upload_2020-4-29_13-13-42.pngupload_2020-4-29_13-14-32.png
743UFDE9_LARGE.jpg

Last edited:
I was JUST going to post her and you've beaten me to the punch. The teeth...the nose...the brows. I think she's dead on-no pun intended.

@CarlK90245 can you please share your opinion on this if you are not to busy? Helga probably didn't made it out of Toronto alive, being only 13, but why does immediately Miss X comes to mind? Are my eyes cheating on me? Stats are ok. Both 5'2, Miss X 110 - 115 lbs, being pregnant, Helga 106 lbs, brown hair somewhat curly, both brown eyes, Miss X being between 16 - 25 when found in 1967. Helga would have been 20 in 1967. Possible European decent. Helga was originally from Austria.
View attachment 244902View attachment 244903
743UFDE9_LARGE.jpg

View attachment 244902View attachment 244903
743UFDE9_LARGE.jpg
The teeth look very similar, one upper tooth shorter than the other, speculation, imo.

I just send in a tip form and an Email, bringing Miss X under their attention as a possible match with Helga Kasarer.

Helga Kaserer, age 13 missing since 29 December 1960

Case reference: 2014005187​

In the afternoon of December 29, 1960, Helga Kaserer was seen for the last time in the area of Harvard Avenue and Roncesvalles Avenue in Toronto, Ontario.

LINK:

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton