Presumed Located CANADA - Jan Stelmaszyk, 35, & Matt Bartnik, 3, Port Alberni, 29 Jun 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cybervampira

Reaction score
Father and young son reported missing while camping across Vancouver Island

Port Alberni RCMP are searching for 35-year-old Jan Stelmaszyk and his three-year-old son.
3429B4AB-4468-49F3-AF1B-6F2D53DE0008.jpeg
Family of Stelmaszyk and his son, Matt Bartnik, contacted the RCMP on Tuesday, July 3 in the morning, after they had not received any new messages for four days.

Stelmaszyk and his son are believed to be camping somewhere on Vancouver Island, possibly in the Victoria area. Stelmaszyk had been keeping family updated about his trip through social media posts on Instagram.

Nanaimo Dot News

Missing Canadians

His Instagram: ᔕTEᒪᗰᗩᔕᘔYK ᗩᑎᗪ ᔕOᑎ (@jan.stelmaszyk) • Instagram photos and videos

His Facebook blog: Jan Stelmaszyk & Son

July 7, 2018

Snipped...
...In a statement, Port Alberni RCMP said they are working to confirm Stalmaszyk’s location.

“Investigators are aware that there are claims on social media advising that the individuals we are searching for are okay, but out of the country,” police said.

“Our efforts right now are to conclusively confirm that information on social media is accurate. In order to conclude a missing person’s investigation we do need to speak directly with the individual and ensure all is well.”

http://victoriabuzz.com/2018/07/port-alberni-rcmp-missing-father-son/

Missing man calls media reports of his and son’s disappearance “lies” | The Star

A Port Alberni man who was reported missing by family members last week has posted on Instagram he has been in touch with the RCMP and he and his son have simply moved to Italy.

[...]

“I have moved to Italy to visit my closest after some serious life-changing events,” Stelmaszyk’s latest post read. “I simply needed some time to recover.”

The post, geo-tagged from Arco, Italy, and submitted at 4 a.m. PST, 1 p.m. local time, stated Stelmaszyk had “been in contact with officers of RCMP since day one,” and called media reports of his disappearance “lies.”

Port Alberni RCMP did not immediately respond to a request for comment, but a previous release from the detachment, published late last week, acknowledged Stelmaszyk’s first post after he and his son had been listed as missing, saying RCMP officers were working to confirm the post’s claims the pair were unharmed and out-of-country.

[...]

Port Alberni man, three-year-old son still considered missing

A Port Alberni man and his three-year-old son are still considered missing by the Port Alberni RCMP, who have not had direct contact with Jan Stelmaszyk since the pair was reported missing by concerned family members on July 3.

This is despite Stelmaszyk posting an official statement on his Instagram account on Sunday, July 8 that he has “been in contact with officers of RCMP since day one” after he moved to Italy with his son.

[...]

“We need Jan to present himself to an authority,” Hayden said. “We have to make conclusive confirmation that it’s him.”

Stelmaszyk tried unsuccessfully in the spring to launch a Kickstarter.com compaign for a novel called “My Journey.” The description for the project read: “In my world of #hypomania, taking the risk for a better life can be a hell of a challenge. This is the story of my journey.”

The campaign closed on April 30, 2018 without raising any funding.

[...]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406