GUILTY Canada - Jasmine Lovett, mid 20s, and daughter, 2, Calgary, 16 April 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Police must believe there is a possibility that the victims were alive on the trip west of the city. Some part of the PS's story could be true, fact mingled with fiction.

So then, despite the knowledge that this is a well known body dump area, it's still a desirable (can't believe I'm using this word here) place to dump a body, due to say terrain? Wildlife? Remoteness? Are there forest service roads or ATV trails that allow for a need to travel in the area and to reach a certain area in order to drop a body? Or are there cliffs and overlooks where one could be pushed off into inaccessible spots?

Also, in this case of Jasmine and her daughter - why then would RL (or any other suspect) not use this area? What's one or two more bodies in an area that appears to be resting spot for so many? Perhaps he did, and the cell phone ping was his attempt to mislead LE to the Fullerton Loop area, or to corroborate the "picnic" story he may have planned to use.

The only other reason I can think of for the cell phone being left on during this time on a drive to FL and Elbow Falls is Jasmine was alive and with him in the car, and maybe killed out there. Nothing was found in the condo iir correctly.

"So then, despite the knowledge that this is a well known body dump area, it's still a desirable (can't believe I'm using this word here) place to dump a body, due to say terrain? Wildlife? Remoteness? Are there forest service roads or ATV trails that allow for a need to travel in the area and to reach a certain area in order to drop a body? Or are there cliffs and overlooks where one could be pushed off into inaccessible spots?"

Yes, to all of the above. And the fact that this is close to a big city. It doesn't take much to conceal a body there. At certain times of the day/year, no one would be around. How well he did this is another question. Poorly, and the summer crowds could resolve this in short order. His state of mind at the time is the thing.

Some people believe some of the bodies dumped there over the years may have been linked to organized crime -- drugs and prostitution etc. That was the talk in the media back in the day, about certain Jumpingpound victims, but not all.

I don't recall the Fullerton Loop area in past disappearances and murders, though.

Another thing to bear in mind is that when the roads are dry, many cyclists travel the 22X from west of the city into Bragg Creek. If anyone would notice something at the side of the road, it would be a cyclist.

And surely a fine vehicle like that one would have tracking capability. Even if that service had elapsed, which is likely the case for destitute owners, some still have that capability even when not subscribed, which police could ascertain.

Last edited:
Disappearance of LOVETT and SANDERSON – Update #3

This states that he may have been with one or both of the victims. There is a possibilty they were alive on the trip west of the city.
It also states he may have been alone. I suspect it's stated that way to jog memories of anyone who may have seen either or. Specifically mentions time and place though in relation to Fullerton Loop and Elbow Falls.

Fwiw, it makes sense to me that he would take them out there alive, on a pretense of an outing for the day, maybe really a picnic or hike. Even just a drove out of the city for the afternoon. Certainly would be easier to take live "willing" victims than dead bodies. The mulch could have been explained away, particularly if Jasmine trusted him.

Hence her cell phone activity. ALL JMO

I have the feeling that a Skip the Dishes order may have been the final transaction on Jasmine's card, for no other reason than the fact that food outlets in that part of the city are rife with Skip the Dishes drivers, and the PS could have being keeping his vehicle in his garage, for obvious reasons.

It also states he may have been alone. I suspect it's stated that way to jog memories of anyone who may have seen either or. Specifically mentions time and place though in relation to Fullerton Loop and Elbow Falls.

Fwiw, it makes sense to me that he would take them out there alive, on a pretense of an outing for the day, maybe really a picnic or hike. Even just a drove out of the city for the afternoon. Certainly would be easier to take live "willing" victims than dead bodies. The mulch could have been explained away, particularly if Jasmine trusted him.

Hence her cell phone activity. ALL JMO

People from the south end of the city drive out to Bragg Creek for coffee on a nice day. It's a faster drive than going across the city. A pretense of going for an afternoon drive would be credible.

Mulch in a Merc? Less credible for an urban condo dweller.

People from the south end of the city drive out to Bragg Creek for coffee on a nice day. It's a faster drive than going across the city. A pretense of going for an afternoon drive would be credible.

Mulch in a Merc? Less credible for an urban condo dweller.
He could have hidden it. I buy mulch in the spring and it comes in large plastic-wrapped packages. I could fit at least 2 of these packs in the back of my SUV and with the flap down over the back compartment of the vehicle, no one would even see it.

He could have hidden it. I buy mulch in the spring and it comes in large plastic-wrapped packages. I could fit at least 2 of these packs in the back of my SUV and with the flap down over the back compartment of the vehicle, no one would even see it.
I also used to live in a townhome community and we were allowed to do landscaping around our immediate front steps and back patios, including mulching. Also to celebrate Arbor Day, which is around the end of April, planting trees is an encouraged thing. Trying to think outside the box here, for a reason to explain the mulch, if he had to. Could have even said he bought it for someone else and hadn't deliver it yet.

I only meant that if she trusted him, she wouldn't have thought it suspicious - that he was going to murder her and use the mulch to burn her body. JMO

Just putting this out there...

June 2013 was the the big flood in Camore, Kananaskis, Calgary and downstream. It was even bigger than the flood of 2005. Both the Bow and Elbow rivers flooded simultaneously. Many of the picnic areas and pathways in the Kananaskis were destroyed. Homes in Bragg Creek floated off their foundations. One video showed a house hitting a bridge. There is still dead wood from this flood on the river banks, and snags in the water.

Alberta flood: Before and after

June is flood month in this area. And 2013 is significant in this story.

Last edited:
Grizzlys don’t eat carcasses. This is why you’re supposed to play dead for one. I don’t think a grizzly would lead them to bodies but coyotes, wolves and black bears might.

Of the large predators spotted in the Bragg Creek/Redwood Meadows area recently, the only animal being tracked (with a signal) is the grizzly, according to the media.

This could happen, though, you're right. In Fletcher Kimmel's case, animals drew the attention of a passing photographer.

By now, most likely every video from every gas station and merchant in Bragg Creek has been reviewed, but especially the liquor stores and drinking holes. I suspect the security cam footage from liquor stores, gas stations and pubs in Cranston and Seton have also been reviewed, as well as car washes, as someone said previously. Highway cams, too. A better picture of the timeline will have emerged.

Do Mercedes Benz owners get free car washes from the dealership? Some body shops offer this service for the lifetime of the vehicle after a repair.

Yes, bodies are indeed found. I posted a couple of links to some of the murder victims whose remains have been found in the Kananaskis. The most recent case to my knowledge was Fletcher Kimmel, whose remains were discovered by a retired news photographer, who saw animals.

Veteran Calgary news photographer provides closure in suspicious death

This area is close to Calgary. It's an easy drive on Highway 22X, which is quieter than Highway 1 (the Transcanada Highway). The 22X is the likely route taken by the PS. It's a vast, forested area, but it's also Calgary's year-round playground. That could be bad, if the influx of long weekend travellers destroys the crime scene, or good if hikers and campers keep their eyes open.

Bodies have been found on Stoney Nakoda land and Tsu Tina land. Tsu Tina land is easily accessed from the highway to Bragg Creek. Tsu Tina land goes from the city's edge to Bragg Creek.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/stoney-nakoda-human-remains-bones-1.3960555

Body found on Tsuu T’ina Nation ruled a homicide

I should point out that cell service still cuts out in certain places in the Kananaskis, due to the mountains. And as background, that Jumpingpound was the area where a number of women were dumped in the late 1970s. Those women are listed on the RCMP cold case page link I posted. People thought a "Transcanada Highway killer" was responsible for these unsolved murders.

Does anyone know the exact location of the property currently being searched? There has to be a reason for this.

Although this isn't the first time that a body is lying somewhere outside of Calgary, or even West of Calgary, it seems unusual for bodies to be in the popular Bragg Creek area.

Three areas are being searched based on cell phone triangulation: Priddis, Fullerton Loop, East Kananaskis.

Grizzlys don’t eat carcasses. This is why you’re supposed to play dead for one. I don’t think a grizzly would lead them to bodies but coyotes, wolves and black bears might.
That's what I thought, until I read this. Food is scarcer when bears emerge from dens in the spring. Seems they will eat carcasses of animals that died over the winter. BBM And from source BearSmart.com

"Although all species of bears, including black and grizzly bears, are technically of the order Carnivora, they are essentially omnivores that eat plants, insects, fish, and animals.

Bears spend most of their time perusing a patchwork of habitats throughout the year, feeding on vegetation, insects and other more reliable, though lower calorie food sources. Plant foods make up the majority of a bear’s diet – sometimes as much as 90 per cent.

However, fish and meat are important sources of protein and fat, though most non-coastal bears rely on carrion (including winter-killed animals). Some bears, however, become very effective predators on newborn elk, moose, deer or caribou. Others live in areas where salmon, suckers or other fish spawn for part of each year.

When bears emerge from their dens in the spring, food is in short supply. Although bears are hungry, most trees and shrubs won’t leaf for another month and only the grass at lower elevations has begun to green up. At this time of year, they are often found foraging on sunny, south-facing slopes where they can find overwintered berries or scavenge for winter-killed deer and moose."

So then, despite the knowledge that this is a well known body dump area, it's still a desirable (can't believe I'm using this word here) place to dump a body, due to say terrain? Wildlife? Remoteness? Are there forest service roads or ATV trails that allow for a need to travel in the area and to reach a certain area in order to drop a body? Or are there cliffs and overlooks where one could be pushed off into inaccessible spots?

Also, in this case of Jasmine and her daughter - why then would RL (or any other suspect) not use this area? What's one or two more bodies in an area that appears to be resting spot for so many? Perhaps he did, and the cell phone ping was his attempt to mislead LE to the Fullerton Loop area, or to corroborate the "picnic" story he may have planned to use.

The only other reason I can think of for the cell phone being left on during this time on a drive to FL and Elbow Falls is Jasmine was alive and with him in the car, and maybe killed out there. Nothing was found in the condo iir correctly.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to state that Bragg Creek is a well known body dump area. Bodies on any First Nation land are not that unusual, but the bodies typically do not originate in a nearby city. A body found near Sibbald Meadows is not Bragg Creek, but it is between Calgary and Banff.

Bragg Creek is a popular hiking area, not a place where bodies are found.

No information has been released about evidence collected from the suspect's car or townhouse.

upload_2019-5-4_12-24-10.png

Point of clarification:

In the police update, the time period stated April 16 to 20, 2019, so the PS may have been in Bragg Creek, Priddis, Elbow Falls and/or East Kananaskis on the Easter long weekend. That is certainly more than enough time for a return trip or two.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to state that Bragg Creek is a well known body dump area. Bodies on any First Nation land are not that unusual, but the bodies typically do not originate in a nearby city. A body found near Sibbald Meadows is not Bragg Creek, but it is between Calgary and Banff.

Bragg Creek is a popular hiking area, not a place where bodies are found.

No information has been released about evidence collected from the suspect's car or townhouse.

View attachment 182609
I was referring to the Kananaskis area as posted several times by @Gina20, not specifically Bragg Creek.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back