GUILTY Canada - Jasmine Lovett, mid 20s, and daughter, 2, Calgary, 16 April 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
People will be out opening up their summer cabins shortly. This could be just what is needed.

I hope that everyone along Highway 22X, 22 and 762 searches the ditches adjacent to their properties, and reports any missing items, including wood stolen from a woodpile, or recent fires in a firepit that were not set by the property owners. And fishermen in the area or downstream should be aware, too.

Remembering Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette.

Another place to burn evidence would be in the same area as the wildfire last summer, although it may’ve been inaccessible in April due to seasonal road closures.

Wildfire continues to burn south of Bragg Creek

People will be out opening up their summer cabins shortly. This could be just what is needed.

I hope that everyone along Highway 22X, 22 and 762 searches the ditches adjacent to their properties, and reports any missing items, including wood stolen from a woodpile, or recent fires in a firepit that were not set by the property owners. And fishermen in the area or downstream should be aware, too.

Remembering Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette.

Yesterday saw hundreds of volunteers cleaning the ditches around 22x and 66 near Bragg creek, so any evidence that may have been in the area would have been found by now if it was in a ditch.

It’s going to be deep woods

And that means a mode of transportation in. Quad is my guess.

Yesterday saw hundreds of volunteers cleaning the ditches around 22x and 66 near Bragg creek, so any evidence that may have been in the area would have been found by now if it was in a ditch.

It’s going to be deep woods

That depends on whether RCMP are going to search through the garbage:

"Alberta’s annual highway cleanup is scheduled this Saturday, May 4, and the provincial government has asked drivers to use extra caution.

Volunteer groups, among them 4-H clubs, scouts, girl guides, church groups and service clubs, all participate in the annual event as a way to raise funds while also removing litter.

People will be cleaning ditches along roadways from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. and will be wearing orange safety vests for extra visibility. They will be placing filled garbage bags on roadway shoulders, where they will be collected by Alberta Transportation highway maintenance contractors."​

Alberta plans highway cleanup | The Western Producer

Last edited:
If he or she had had some sort of connection to the property, it would be easy enough to borrow it. Or "borrow" it. I think that property was chosen for a reason. How hard would it be for someone with mechanical experience and lots of tools to steal a quad? And what's a theft charge, compared to two murder charges, and all the related charges? Hardly a concern in the grand scheme of things.

If he or she had had some sort of connection to the property, it would be easy enough to borrow it. Or "borrow" it. I think that property was chosen for a reason. How hard would it be for someone with mechanical experience and lots of tools to steal a quad? And what's a theft charge, compared to two murder charges, and all the related charges? Hardly a concern in the grand scheme of things.

Murdering a mother and her daughter is high risk, but stealing a quad a few days later to dispose of evidence exponentially increases the probability of getting caught.

Most people in rural communities have equipment for managing their property. They know if someone has been messing with their stuff, so I doubt that Leeming drove to someone's property and stole or borrowed some equipment while hiding the murders. It seems too elaborate and risky. Murderers want to distance themselves from the bodies as soon as possible in the simplest way to ensure that they are not arrested.

stealing a quad is 'easy' enough but how do you carry two bodies on it and drive into the woods? I dont think he put that much thought into this. IMO

I can’t even imagine someone driving a Mercedes SUV on any unpaved backroads. Although it was dryer in April, he’d risk getting stuck in a mud-hole. If the bodies are out there I think they’ll be discovered close to a paved road.

Murdering a mother and her daughter is high risk, but stealing a quad a few days later to dispose of evidence exponentially increases the probability of getting caught.

Most people in rural communities have equipment for managing their property. They know if someone has been messing with their stuff, so I doubt that Leeming drove to someone's property and stole or borrowed some equipment while hiding the murders. It seems too elaborate and risky. Murderers want to distance themselves from the bodies as soon as possible in the simplest way to ensure that they are not arrested.

Murderers usually do want to distance themselves from the bodies as soon as possible. There must be a reason LE initially asked for property owners to be on the lookout for unusual activity between the 16th and 18th but now the timeframe has been expanded to the 16th to 20th.

“Police believe evidence may have been burned sometime between April 16 and 20 in the area of Bragg Creek, Elbow Falls, Priddis and East Kananaskis.”
Bragg Creek locals on edge over potential homicide investigation in their backyard

Murderers usually do want to distance themselves from the bodies as soon as possible. There must be a reason LE initially asked for property owners to be on the lookout for unusual activity between the 16th and 18th but now the timeframe has been expanded to the 16th to 20th.

“Police believe evidence may have been burned sometime between April 16 and 20 in the area of Bragg Creek, Elbow Falls, Priddis and East Kananaskis.”
Bragg Creek locals on edge over potential homicide investigation in their backyard

There are quite a few residences bordering Fullerton Loop.

upload_2019-5-5_19-32-16.png

I hate to keep sounding like a broken record, but I am not assuming he took bodies into the woods, and I don't think bodies will be found. Human remains may be found.

The PS may have taken some ideas from the highly-publicized child/parent murders that have occured in recent years in southern Alberta, including little Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette.

Derek Saretzky guilty of killing Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette, father and senior

Obviously, whatever he did went unnoticed until April 23. I do wonder if he went to a property of someone he knew. Police were quick to reveal "no signs of life" but in other cases like the murder of the Liknes family and Nathan O'Brien, they were not. Perhaps someone returned home to their property near Bragg Creek and found something that made this obvious?

Time will tell.

Last edited:
There are some very expensive vehicles in and around Bragg Creek, BTW, to go with some of the very expensive homes. The area is a real mix, for sure. No one would find it unusual to see a Mercedes there.

I hate to keep sounding like a broken record, but I am not assuming he took bodies into the woods, and I don't think bodies will be found. Human remains may be found.

The PS may have taken some ideas from the highly-publicized child/parent murders that have occured in recent years in southern Alberta, including little Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette.

Derek Saretzky guilty of killing Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette, father and senior

Obviously, whatever he did went unnoticed until April 23. I do wonder if he went to a property of someone he knew. Police were quick to reveal "no signs of life" but in other cases like the murder of the Liknes family and Nathan O'Brien, they were not. Perhaps someone returned home to their property near Bragg Creek and found something that made this obvious?

Time will tell.

True enough, but rural people tend to notice if someone has been on the property. Especially now that police have asked everyone between Priddis, Bragg Creek and Route 66 to check properties, I think it would be difficult to miss a burn area, a pile of mulch or a disturbance in the terrain.

Yes, I think someone may have returned from being away and reported their findings to the police. The disappearances may not have been public knowledge at the time.

In Derek Saretsky's case, he went to his extended family's property and used a firepit. His own family member reported what was found to the police. This was a recreational property that was not lived in all the time.

The PS may not have had friends or family, but everyone has acquaintances. Jasmine and Aliyah have family. And the self-proclaimed PS has a former partner, who may have family. Priddis, not far away, is the scene of the previous incident involving a dog. Priddis is part of the area of concern now. Multiple crime scenes are my belief.

I don't believe that all of this is purely random, after what has been published concerning the PS's previous partner.

I dont think Id be going 'off roadin' in my Mercedes. Trails would be a muddy mess. I agree with MistyWaters in that he'd probably get stuck somewhere.

Yes, I think someone may have returned from being away and reported their findings to the police. The disappearances may not have been public knowledge at the time.

In Derek Saretsky's case, he went to his extended family's property and used a firepit. His own family member reported what was found to the police. This was a recreational property that was not lived in all the time.

The PS may not have had friends or family, but everyone has acquaintances. Jasmine and Aliyah have family. And the self-proclaimed PS has a former partner, who may have family. Priddis, not far away, is the scene of the previous incident involving a dog. Priddis is part of the area of concern now. Multiple crime scenes are my belief.

I don't believe that all of this is purely random, after what has been published concerning the PS's previous partner.

Hopefully there are more witnesses to the SUV in the area, but at this time police have said that they are relying on cell phone triangulation to identify search areas.

There are at least two crime scenes that we know of so far: the townhouse (where one or two victims were murdered), a body location. It's possible that the bodies were burned and then mulch spread over the burn pit. I doubt that he would burn the bodies, collect the bone fragments and teeth and move them to another area.

Hopefully there are more witnesses to the SUV in the area, but at this time police have said that they are relying on cell phone triangulation to identify search areas.

There are at least two crime scenes that we know of so far: the townhouse (where one or two victims were murdered), a body location. It's possible that the bodies were burned and then mulch spread over the burn pit. I doubt that he would burn the bodies, collect the bone fragments and teeth and move them to another area.
For sure victim (s) murdered at townhome? LE released it back to RL and also released him. If he did commit murder there it had to be a nonmessy one. I assumed they found no evidence at the townhome or he would be sitting in a cell now. JMO

There are some very expensive vehicles in and around Bragg Creek, BTW, to go with some of the very expensive homes. The area is a real mix, for sure. No one would find it unusual to see a Mercedes there.

I agree it wouldn’t be at all unusual to observe a Mercedes SUV in and around Bragg Creek. It was gravel, dirt roads, trails, or other unpaved back roads particularly in the area of Hwy 66, leading into the back country that I was referring to.

For sure victim (s) murdered at townhome? LE released it back to RL and also released him. If he did commit murder there it had to be a nonmessy one. I assumed they found no evidence at the townhome or he would be sitting in a cell now. JMO

All we know is that police said that Leeming may have been seen with one or both victims in Bragg Creek. The last place that the victims were seen was at the townhouse, so that is very likely a crime scene.

Soft kill, such as strangulation, is not messy.

It takes times to analyze evidence. Police collected evidence, questioned Leeming and then released him. Maybe they will arrest him after examining the evidence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back