GUILTY Canada - Jasmine Lovett, mid 20s, and daughter, 2, Calgary, 16 April 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Still working on the timeline:

April 16 - Jasmine last contact in the evening, both victims alive
April 17 - Jasmine was not seen in the yard with her daughter
April 17 - Leeming said he was in Bragg Creek for a picnic with both victims
April 16-18 - police ask for sighting of man alone or with either one of the victims in Priddis, Bragg Creek, or Route 66 areas, may be carrying mulch

April 18 - Police ask for more information about Leeming in Bragg Creek area from 2:30 - 4:30 driving 2014 Mercedes SUV
April 18 - Jasmines account was used to make an online purchase
April 18 - Leeming on date with new girlfriend

April 19 - did Leeming miss work?
April 19 - 20 - was there anything unusual about Leeming's cell use and location?

April 23 - Jasmine misses family dinner, reported missing to police

April 25 - Leeming fired this Thursday morning
April 25 - 11 AM Leeming detained for questioning, tried to make a run for it
April 26 - Interview 1: around 5:30PM, Leeming said he last saw them on April 18. Interview 2: three hours later, he said he last saw them both on April 16 and 17.

April 27 - blizzard, 22 cm snow, search postponed due to soft terrain
May 3 - thunderstorms, hail, snow
May 4 - snow fall in Bragg Creek and Calgary, search still postpone
May 4 - annual rural ditch clean up in Priddis, Bragg Creek areas​

Last edited:
It sounds like Jasmine was a victim of domestic violence and psychological or physical abuse from both the father of her child, and her next and most recent boyfriend Robert Leeming. Calgary Police Services and the City of Calgary seem to be asleep at the wheel, especially given that Jasmine reached out for help in relation to the abusive father of her child. and prior to moving in with a man who was known to police as an abusive and dangerous husband.

Who and what is in place to help women in Jasmine's situation? Women's shelters are full, so women like Jasmine go where with the baby? It seems like she had no where to go. Maybe she was too proud to ask for help, but if there was an open door surely she would have walked through it.

Chances are that through domestic violence she was isolated from family and friends after 7 months with Robert Leeming, and 2 years with her daughter's father - the man who attacked her in her home. This violence was reported to police, but she was coerced into dropping the no contact order and the courts dropped the complaint and the ball.

Did she have any friends who were still listening? It strikes me that she needed a helping hand, that she was floundering, and that this young mother with a 22 month old was an unnecessary statistic.

I can’t even imagine someone driving a Mercedes SUV on any unpaved backroads. Although it was dryer in April, he’d risk getting stuck in a mud-hole. If the bodies are out there I think they’ll be discovered close to a paved road.

I agree that seeing a Mercedes SUV on the unpaved backroads or in and around Bragg Creek is VERY common. I drive the unpaved backroads with my van. Some of the really back road ones are not accessible by vehicle as the roads are closed in some areas. If the bodies are out there I'm guessing wild life will get to them before anyone and will be somewhat scattered. If they were burned and burried or covered, that could make it harder.

I do keep coming back to the mulch. I do wonder how he explained having a load of mulch and what he was using it for. I do think if he used mulch that is what will help locate them or the area that they were placed.

I agree that seeing a Mercedes SUV on the unpaved backroads or in and around Bragg Creek is VERY common. I drive the unpaved backroads with my van. Some of the really back road ones are not accessible by vehicle as the roads are closed in some areas. If the bodies are out there I'm guessing wild life will get to them before anyone and will be somewhat scattered. If they were burned and burried or covered, that could make it harder.

I do keep coming back to the mulch. I do wonder how he explained having a load of mulch and what he was using it for. I do think if he used mulch that is what will help locate them or the area that they were placed.

It would be helpful if he used colored mulch, or cedar mulch. Cedar doesn't grow around there, but being a relative newcomer, he might not have known that. New, moist cedar also has that distinctive smell. With all the snow and then warmth later this week, someone searching nearby might pick up the distinctive scent. Here's hoping he made this mistake. A simple mistake could be his undoing.

The blue tarp here is what concerns me:

Family 'devastated' as search continues for mom, daughter presumed dead

Is it to protect the scene from contamination, or protect the evidence from media cameras? Police made no attempt to conceal the gathering and bagging of bark mulch. Was there more to it than that?

When the suspect was detained for questioning, police must have asked him what he did with the mulch. He probably said that he put it in the front yard, so police are collecting mulch from the front yard to determine whether it matches what he bought. The tarp might just be there to collect and bag the evidence.

Oh wow, 4am, I wonder what led police to that location?

Update #5 – Disappearance of Jasmine LOVETT and Aliyah SANDERSON

At approximately 4 a.m., today, Monday, May 6, 2019, we located the bodies of a woman and child, believed to be that of Jasmine LOVETT and Aliyah SANDERSON, in Kananaskis.

The investigation led officers to a heavily wooded area near Grizzly Creek located off Highway 40, where the bodies were discovered. Autopsies are expected to begin today. Formal identification of the deceased will be done by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner. The cause of death of both victims is not expected to be released.

A suspect has been taken into custody and charges are pending. The suspect cannot be named by police until charges are officially laid by the Justice of the Peace. This is expected to occur later today, or tomorrow. However, police can confirm the suspect is the same man who was taken into custody two weeks ago.

To protect the integrity of this investigation and future court proceedings, we are unable to release details about what lead to the discovery of the bodies.

We would like to thank the many partner agencies, members of the public and the media for their assistance in the investigation and the search. We are grateful for the support of Calgarians.

An update will be provided to the media and public once charges have been laid by the Justice of the Peace and the victims have been formally identified by the OCME.
Calgary Police Service

Oh wow, 4am, I wonder what led police to that location?

Update #5 – Disappearance of Jasmine LOVETT and Aliyah SANDERSON

At approximately 4 a.m., today, Monday, May 6, 2019, we located the bodies of a woman and child, believed to be that of Jasmine LOVETT and Aliyah SANDERSON, in Kananaskis.

The investigation led officers to a heavily wooded area near Grizzly Creek located off Highway 40, where the bodies were discovered. Autopsies are expected to begin today. Formal identification of the deceased will be done by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner. The cause of death of both victims is not expected to be released.

A suspect has been taken into custody and charges are pending. The suspect cannot be named by police until charges are officially laid by the Justice of the Peace. This is expected to occur later today, or tomorrow. However, police can confirm the suspect is the same man who was taken into custody two weeks ago.

To protect the integrity of this investigation and future court proceedings, we are unable to release details about what lead to the discovery of the bodies.

We would like to thank the many partner agencies, members of the public and the media for their assistance in the investigation and the search. We are grateful for the support of Calgarians.

An update will be provided to the media and public once charges have been laid by the Justice of the Peace and the victims have been formally identified by the OCME.
Calgary Police Service

Just a wild guess, but I suspect it was more detailed information about vehicle GPS and digital device tracking.

Toyota Canada Privacy Policy, probably the same as other vehicles:

"TCI will not disclose any of your personal information to any other persons, except (i) with your prior consent; (ii) in connection with a sale of all or substantially all of the assets of one of TCI’s businesses; or (iii) as may be required or permitted by law.

TCI collects and uses this data to deliver the following CVT Services:
  • Automatic Collision Notification
  • Emergency and Roadside Assistance
  • Stolen Vehicle Locator
  • Locating Missing Persons
  • Destination Assist
  • Other services related to or offered through the System
  • Location Data
    • Your Vehicle may send an electronic signal with your latitude and longitude at a particular point in time (“Location Data”) to our Response Center under certain specific circumstances. We record and transmit your Location Data when you contact us for emergencies, roadside assistance, stolen or missing vehicle and destination services.
    • Your GPS Navigation is equipped with a traffic feature that automatically collects and transmits, through GPS technology, your Location Data, travel direction and speed to support HD traffic and weather information available in your Vehicle. It is not tied to your VIN or personal information."
Privacy Policy - Toyota Canada and Toyota Credit Canada

I'm guessing somebody came forward and said they saw him out there which led the police to check the area. It's possible they were searching that area the whole time, but letting RL believe that they were still focused on Bragg Creek to prevent him from returning to the site to re-bury or move them. Well done CPS!!

Just over 1 hour to get from Bragg Creek to Grizzly Creek Day Use area where the bodies were found. Keep eyes open for 4pm press release, but chances are they won't send out too many details on what happened exactly. My guess is that he lured them out to Bragg Creek for a hike, killed Jasmine or both of them there, then moved the bodies at Grizzly Creek area, then returned. If he turned his phone off, or left it somewhere in Bragg Creek, it would explain why they were searching that area. I'm also guessing that somebody came forward that saw him in the Grizzly Creek area or they were able to get dash cam footage or CCTV footage of him driving out there. Again, well done CPS I'm so proud that they are closer to convicting this monster.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back