CANADA Canada - Jodi Henrickson, 17, Bowen Island BC, 20 June 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nothing new again today.

Jodi, Where are you? I really wish LE would do something, like perhaps put some PRESSURE on that ex-boyfriend? :(

Still hoping and praying for you Jodi!

Nothing new again today.

Jodi, Where are you? I really wish LE would do something, like perhaps put some PRESSURE on that ex-boyfriend? :(

Still hoping and praying for you Jodi!

I know! It's getting a little strange, as if LE is saying, "Well, if you won't co-operate, there's nothing we can do to make you," and throwing their hands up. WTH?

Jodi Henrickson Missing Person ** update **

2010-03-03 13:17 PST

On June 24th, 2009 Jodi HENRICKSON was reported missing to the police. On February 23, 2010, Jodi HENRICKSON would have been 18 years old.

The Sea to Sky Regional Police Service General Investigation Section continues the investigation with the assistance and support of the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team.

Since the initial report the investigation has been extensive, and progress has been made, however, police are going to renew their inquiries on Bowen Island during the next few weeks, in an attempt to refresh and renew interest in determining the whereabouts of Jodi. Investigators believe that Jodi vanished in the early morning hours of June 20th from Bowen Island and was a victim of foul play.

To date numerous tips and possible sightings have been reported. All have proven to be unfounded. Investigators do not believe that Jodi ran away, nor that she made it off Bowen Island on her own accord. Police are classifying this as a homicide at this time.

More at:
http://bc.rcmp.ca/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=50&languageId=1&contentId=13671

I thought of Jodi yesterday when Chelsea was found--Please dear God we need to have Jodi found! If she is gone the guilty need to be held accountable. Amen

Investigators believe missing teen Jodi Henrickson is dead

MARCH 3, 2010 5:02 PM

Police are treating the 2009 disappearance of a 17-year-old girl on Bowen Island as a homicide.

Police believe that she was a victim of foul play. Although there have been numerous tips and possible sightings of Henrickson, all have proven to be unfounded.

Investigators don't think Jodi ran away or that she made it off the island on her own accord. Her disappearance has been classified as a homicide.

More at:
http://www.theprovince.com/news/Inv...+teen+Jodi+Henrickson+dead/2638316/story.html

July 2, 2009: 'She's a really smart girl and I just hope she's found': Ex-boyfriend

Young man on probation tells of Bowen Island party, encounter

BY LAURA STONE, THE PROVINCEMARCH 3, 2010

The young man who believes he was the last to see Jodi Henrickson before she disappeared admits he'd been ordered not to go near her.

That's the story being told by her ex-boyfriend, Gavin Arnott, as the search for the 17-year-old Squamish girl moves into its second week.

"According to the police, I was the last person to see her, which puts me in a really bad spot, 'cause it makes me look like I did something," Arnott, 20, told The Province yesterday.

Arnott said he had passed out at a house party on Bowen Island and was awakened by Jodi, who was also at the party.

At around 5:30 a.m. on Saturday June 20, they walked along Miller Road toward Arnott's father's house. He said he and Jodi talked tensely for a few minutes, and he left without looking back.

She hasn't been seen since.

More at:
http://www.theprovince.com/July+2009+really+smart+girl+just+hope+found+boyfriend/2638436/story.html

Missing teen file now a murder investigation

On Feb. 23, local missing teenager Jodi Henrickson had her 18th birthday, but RCMP announced today they believe she never reach that age.

Police issued a press release today stating the missing teen file is now officially a murder investigation.

“Police are classifying this as a homicide at this time,” states the release.

The Henrickson family was aware the case was to be classified a homicide, but it didn’t ease the blow when they were told this week, said Cpl. Dave Ritchie.

“It’s been an emotional time,” he said. “They were aware it was coming. They expressed that they had a lot of tears on the 23rd, which would’ve been her 18th birthday.”

More at:
http://www.squamishchief.com/articl.../missing-teen-file-now-a-murder-investigation

Missing person case turns into homicide investigation

RCMP officials said Wednesday that they have classified the case as a homicide.

They said they believe people on Bowen Island have relevant information but are unwilling or afraid to come forward.

They said others have refused to cooperate with authorities.

Investigators plan to return to the island in coming days to re-interview residents.

The wait, meanwhile, for Henrickson's parents has been agonizing.

In an interview with CTV News, the parents said they are frustrated that people are keeping critical information from police.

"Did not one person on Bowen see her?" said Henrickson's mother, Nancy. "Somebody had to have seen something."

More (and video) at:
http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/...ppearance_100303/20100303?hub=BritishColumbia

It's funny, I was thinking about Jodi this morning and found the new information about the investigation. Of course there are people on Bowen Island that know something. If they refuse to co-operate with police they should be thrown in jail. They should be ashamed at themselves. GRRRRR ... This makes me so angry. That poor family.

Thanks for the info WhyaDuck. As disheartening and horrible it is that LE is calling it a homicide, I am glad that she is making the news again, and LE is DOING something.

They need to drag that ex-boyfriend in again.

Justice for Jodi! ♥

Bumping for Jodi again. I couldn't find any new articles or news at ALL. :banghead:

Bowen Cares: Looking for people interested in helping organize a community meeting in support of Jodi Henrickson and her family

So I'm looking for the following:
- Anybody interested in attending the meeting and helping organize the event (I posted a new event on BIO). About eight people are confirmed including an expert in restorative justice, RCMP, school adminstrator and youth services coordinator
- An indication if you can't make the meeting but would be interested in being involved
- Any feedback on this idea for a community meeting.

More info at:
http://bowegover.ning.com/forum/topics/bowen-cares-looking-for

See also:
http://bowen-island-bc.com/forum/read.php?1,1219217

Was just thinking about Jodi again - funny how that works. I do hope they have a good turnout this afternoon. Something happened to Jodi - she didn't just disappear. The ex b/f ? or maybe someone saw her walking very early that morning and took the opportunity. Had she been drinking lots ? Could be someone local or maybe someone on vacation. Time to find her, it's been long enough. I wish Jodi got more attention like some of the other cases on here. But then there isn't much to go on which is what is so frustrating. Ex b/f needs to be interagated IMO.

Bumping for Jodi. Nothing new that I could find. I checked one of her FB groups and there is nothing. I checked the regular media out there-nothing. Ugh...

WTH????? :(

Bumping again for Jodi. I will NOT forget you.

Someone has to do something for Jodi.

Nothing new on her FB page, no new articles, searches...Nothing.

Still hoping and praying that you will be found, Jodi ♥

I don't recall this being posted, and I'm not even sure if I can post it here, so if it's not allowed please remove.
This is the link to the RCMP in BC Twitter

http://twitter.com/bcrcmp

(I know Twitter is probably not supposed to be posted here, but it is LE in British Columbia Canada)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back