Found Deceased Canada - Johnson Redhead, 6, didn't arrive at class after school breakfast program, Shamattawa, Manitoba, 18 Sep 2024 *Active Search*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sadly, I thought this would be the result. My heart goes out to his loved ones, and all who knew him. I'm sure this will impact the entire population in such a remote community. I'm hoping there will be some lessons learned going forward to try and prevent such a tragedy from happening again.

How would the school be liable for not allowing another student to leave school and go into the bushes searching for another student? Same goes for a teacher or other staff heading into the bush after a child, if the missing child is hurt or deceased blame will be pointed towards the person who followed them into the bushes without reporting the child missing. MOO

Not a question for me....I didn't write the word liable.

SHAMATTAWA, Man. — Mounties say they continue to investigate the death of a boy who had been reported missing from his school in northeastern Manitoba.

Police say an autopsy has been scheduled for six-year-old Johnson Redhead.

- A Canadian Ranger found the boy’s body with aid of a drone
- Found about 3.25km away (2 mi) from the school, direction towards the river
- Belief is he died from exposure, but autopsy will be done

Unless he was given his own individual aid to assist him with all tasks, there isn't enough staff to constantly have eyes on each child. I don't believe having a 12th grader be responsible for taking care of young children at school is even a safe option. We don't live in a world that allows parents and teachers to not let children out if their sight 24/7. It's impossible to always be in the same room as your children. MOO
Education rights under the Canadian Constitution do lead to some children having individual aids, many small groups sharing. Determining what is required to fulfill the constitutional onus in each case is very fact dependent and extra complex where a student is Indigenous.
In this case, it's interesting to note that a parent of the child appears to be an educational assistant at the school in question.

Rest in eternal peace, Johnson.
My condolences to all who loved him.

If the account of the other child is accurate, I do wish some adult had been dispatched to go and look for him.
Omo.
It would almost certainly have changed the course of events. I hope that child is getting the support they need too, knowing what happened, and knowing they tried to intervene but were essentially ignored.

Johnson has been found 3.5 kilometers from the school, in a marshy area. Sadly deceased. Glad family knows.

sigh I'm so sorry for Johnson and his loving family ... what a tragedy

I know all of you are on the thread because you love children. This was a predictable, but none the less heartbreaking outcome. Virtual group hug to all.

Rest in peace little man.

Amateur opinion and speculation
<hugs> to all.
Such a sad outcome.
I'm crying.

And most importantly I want to send love to the family and the community. I wish I could do more to ease the pain.

Daily Mail seems to have the best photos. (Link)

I’d only seen the one photo of Johnson, that didn’t show him at his most adorable self, imo. Here’s 3 from Daily Mail that melts and breaks my heart both at the same time.
View attachment 533071

Such a cute little guy!

So sad!

I have to say I am proud to be part of an internet community that cares about any missing child regardless of race or their circumstances in life!

How would the school be liable for not allowing another student to leave school and go into the bushes searching for another student? Same goes for a teacher or other staff heading into the bush after a child, if the missing child is hurt or deceased blame will be pointed towards the person who followed them into the bushes without reporting the child missing. MOO
IF the incident occurred, The issue, at least in my school, would be did the adult alert anyone? Or did the adult think "Not my student, not my problem?". When did administration know the child had left campus? That is my question. It is irrelevant for this little boy, and this school is drastically underfunded and staffed. So maybe this incident can create leverage for more funding for rural, isolated schools.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minushka
Back