Found Deceased Canada - Johnson Redhead, 6, didn't arrive at class after school breakfast program, Shamattawa, Manitoba, 18 Sep 2024 *Active Search*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“Now, the Manitoba Foster Parent Association wants an inquiry into his death, saying the lack of coordination in his care led to him going missing.”

Is this indicating that Johnson was in foster care, or am I misunderstanding?
confused.gif

“Now, the Manitoba Foster Parent Association wants an inquiry into his death, saying the lack of coordination in his care led to him going missing.”

confused.gif
To me, this would make sense. After I learned he was born with FASD, I wondered if he was living with a foster or adoptive parent.

I know obviously Canada is a huge vast place but 2 Autistic non verbal shoeless 6 year olds missing at the same time is strange to say the least JMO
Praying for a good outcome
Glad they were both found for their families heartbreaking only one alive

Reactions: nao

confused.gif

To me, this would make sense. After I learned he was born with FASD, I wondered if he was living with a foster or adoptive parent.
Found this article that answers my question. Apparently, this former foster parent of Johnson’s is the one calling for an inquiry.

“[B B] fostered Johnson Redhead in 2020, until a kinship placement was arranged two years ago that allowed his close relatives to take care of him.

Found this article that answers my question. Apparently, this former foster parent of Johnson’s is the one calling for an inquiry.

“[B B] fostered Johnson Redhead in 2020, until a kinship placement was arranged two years ago that allowed his close relatives to take care of him.

I am glad this information is coming out now. I had been tracking it on the community FB page, which is now private. The family that was taking care of him was reporting and commenting about things, and made it clear that he was not living with either of his biological parents. They had commented that his behavior made it difficult/impossible to get respite care or 1-1 support for this boy.

How would the school be liable for not allowing another student to leave school and go into the bushes searching for another student? Same goes for a teacher or other staff heading into the bush after a child, if the missing child is hurt or deceased blame will be pointed towards the person who followed them into the bushes without reporting the child missing. MOO
Once a child is at the school, their welfare is entirely the school's responsibility; imo.
At least that's how I see it.
The moment a student said JR had wandered away (if this happened, do not know for certain yet ; given JR was autistic and thus his safety was even more vulnerable), he should've been reported missing and a teacher sent to find him.
Not sure in which order as school protocols vary.

I'd have a teacher check with the child who saw him leave, and ask which door and in what direction did he leave ?
Time was of the essence !!!!

There are some who deliberately abscond, but depending on JR's diagnosis, he may have just wandered off with no intent to hide himself or go have fun elsewhere.

Another question : Had JR ever done this elopement before, however that time he was safely located -- and returned to the school ?
At this time, I'm mainly interested in the school's past history with this child.
How was he treated there, was he usually watched carefully ?
Was he sometimes unruly and they had to assign someone to care for him ?
If so, was there an issue with this ?
I.e., different caregivers for him and someone thought a different person was watching him, etc.
And on and on.
I wonder if there's a lot more that will come out ?
Omo.

He went to school on a bus with siblings. He had breakfast with other children, and I’m assuming his siblings were there as well having breakfast. Are there teachers or monitors keeping an eye on the children while they’re having their meal?

How does a 6 year old non verbal, autistic child, navigate from the “breakfast” area to his class? On his own? Does someone take him and if so where was that person?

He didn’t arrive in his class at 9:00 am and wasn’t reported missing until 12:30 pm.

He has run away previously per a post upthread and no one kept an eye on him?

Such a hugely vulnerable child. In that terrain, the river, the wildlife, the seclusion, it’s hard to see a good outcome.

Poor little guy.

MOO
Bbm.

That is a loooong time to be missing, if he was supposed to be there on the school grounds.
Wouldn't they take a roll call of sorts at the start of a class ?
Or notice an empty seat ?
Omo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member