GUILTY Canada - Loretta Saunders, 26, Halifax, NS, 13 February 2014 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In light of all the discussion and debating over "political" and "cultural" aspects, kudos to all. Everyone has provided an educated and enlightened aspect to all sides of the story. Also, some have opened the minds of others, and supported them in seeing the other side of the fence.

Did the Turkish friend recommend Blake and Victoria? It's possible, but he's a computer science student and it's unlikely that he could do that and be stoned with people like Blake and Victoria. If he introduced them and vouched for them, that might explain why the family doesn't appear to recognize him as part of the family.

The only mentions i have seen that she met VH and BL through "her boyfriend" was through a comment her brother Edmund made that she may have met the tenants/roommates through either the boyfriend or kijiji.

Assuming there is a basis for that guess, and given her ex-boyfriend's (RF) drug history i would surmise that he would have been a lot more likely to have known and introduced VH and BL than the Turkish boyfriend would have. On RF's facebook page a lot of LS's family is sending him condolences so it seems like he would have been the 'boyfriend' that they knew most, or even knew of.

I find it interesting that her advisor DL has edited his wording of his second article on Loretta.
http://halifax.mediacoop.ca/story/honour-loretta/21987

The original article which you can find by searching with the words " she will end up in a ditch" still exists online but not at the original link.

Here is the original wording :

DL:
"I refuse to speculate about Loretta’s death. What I do know is that our society has discarded indigenous women and girls in much the same manner for generations. These people were playing out a script that we all know intimately, but never acknowledge.

I told a good friend of mine yesterday that there’s no conspiracy, there’s no mystery, Loretta will show up in a ditch like so many indigenous women before her. He was taken aback. I told him that's the pattern. "

Here is the same segment as it appears online now :

" I refuse to speculate about Loretta’s death. What I do know is that our society has discarded indigenous women and girls in much the same manner for generations. These people were playing out a script that we all know intimately, but never acknowledge.

It's our doing, which Loretta articulated so clearly in her writing -- theft of land base, legalized segregation and racism, residential schools for several generations, continued dispossession = social chaos."

Any speculation about the b/f or ex b/f is off limits as the accused are in jail. Please don't go there.

Just for clarification: is websleuths dedicated to fact finding (via the media) and posting those "facts", or to theorizing possibilities? As a new member, I find that theorizing is discouraged on WS--perhaps this is not the case.

Any speculation about the b/f or ex b/f is off limits as the accused are in jail. Please don't go there.

Coldpizza, or any WS mod. I looked but there is no thread yet for this missing person. She was last seen March 1 but reports just started cming out yesterday. Wasn't sure if just anyone can start a new thread, so figured I would put this info out there and whoever does that, can. :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-Amanda-Daiken/1461984864018634

http://www.wrps.on.ca/major-incidents

Coldpizza, or any WS mod. I looked but there is no thread yet for this missing person. She was last seen March 1 but reports just started cming out yesterday. Wasn't sure if just anyone can start a new thread, so figured I would put this info out there and whoever does that, can. :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-Amanda-Daiken/1461984864018634

http://www.wrps.on.ca/major-incidents

I started one for you, and yes anyone can start a thread. At the top left of each forum it says " New Thread", just click on that and go!

CANADA Canada - ON - Amanda Daiken, 23, Kitchener, 4 Mar 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Just for clarification: is websleuths dedicated to fact finding (via the media) and posting those "facts", or to theorizing possibilities? As a new member, I find that theorizing is discouraged on WS--perhaps this is not the case.

Hi LitCrit! :welcome:

MSM, LE and verified insiders can post things we can consider facts. However, even that isn't foolproof, and members can respectfully disagree with those sources - but are not allowed to bash other posters who believe those sources. "Agree to disagree" is a theme here.

Speculation is a more difficult balance. While we can all agree that what happened might be totally off our radars, we are also a victim friendly website - and we also support any hard-working law enforcement officers. For that reason, speculation must be tied in with a clue given by MSM, LE or a verified insider.

For example, if a wife goes missing, we can assume eyes on are the husband. But unless there is an allowed source verifying the husband has something to do with the wife going missing, posting that he is guilty is not allowed.

Hope that helps!

True--V&B are going to court (tomorrow I believe), so things should start to pick up again. There has been nothing new in the news about this case for at least a week now.

BL and VH are due in court this morning at 9:30 am. Let justice begin.

So the family are pissed off @ HRP for leading the family believe that Loretta was still alive.

My question to the family (now keep in mind my thoughts still go out to them) but why why was the sister and brother talking past-tense if they did not know the state of Loretta if she was dead or alive?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc
Back