CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I put down $50 (AU) on them taking another car. Standing round a station, or a pier....nooo. I cant see that happening.

They have to steal a particular kind of car, too. It's not as if they can just hive off any old jalopy, they have to put thought into it, and cars are, in general hard to steal with the electronic starters etc.. A particular set of circumstances has to be availiable and the smaller their area of where they can steal a vehicle , the less chance they have of that particular kind and availability to present itself.

The law of diminishing returns, made manifest. You steal a car to go off into the wilderness, then you are reliant on stealing other cars to continue the journey, yet, you have placed yourself where there are fewer and fewer cars available to steal.
I presume they'd also need to steal another vehicle before burning the previous one. With that, is someone missing a vehicle?

I hope train cars are being checked. They could be sitting/sleeping in train cars waiting for one to go wherever. Is it still easy to hop into a train car? There's no trains where I live now but I grew up around some so it seemed easy to hop on one.

I'll just put a bit of a prediction I'll put out there... this is in follow up to the post I made about shared psychotic disorder (folie à deux), and posts others have made about the joined at the hip bond these two have. My guess is that will all change once they are caught (if that happens, as opposed to this ending in their own deaths). Once they are separated, their separate families are in communication with them, they have separate psychiatrists, and different lawyers... I'm guessing either one would gladly throw the other under the bus. That turn around in attitude won't happen immediately, but it won't take too long.

That's my opinion only... but it's based on every almost every high profile "partners in crime" case I've ever followed. I feel it may even be a more pronounced turn around if I do happen to be right about a shared psychosis factor, because when you come back down to earth after something like that... then *THUD*

What’s with this business of burning vehicles? Makes little sense except as a ritual.

Sounds like they never got out of Gillam unless they were able to steal another car and drive all the way back to Thompson. It’s even possible that they’re now dead.

Someone above suggested that they could now be in northern Ontario. If so, the smart thing would be to steal a boat and get way out on Lake of the Woods. I spent summers there as a kid. It’s enormous with a LOT of islands. They could get good and lost there for awhile, maybe even cross the border because the lake does. But I doubt that a couple of guys from Vancouver Island would even know that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll just put a bit of a prediction I'll put out there... this is in follow up to the post I made about shared psychotic disorder (folie à deux), and posts others have made about the joined at the hip bond these two have. My guess is that will all change once they are caught (if that happens, as opposed to this ending in their own deaths). Once they are separated, their separate families are in communication with them, they have separate psychiatrists, and different lawyers... I'm guessing either one would gladly throw the other under the bus. That turn around in attitude won't happen immediately, but it won't take too long.

That's my opinion only... but it's based on every almost every high profile "partners in crime" case I've ever followed. I feel it may even be a more pronounced turn around if I do happen to be right about a shared psychosis factor, because when you come back down to earth after something like that... then *THUD*
I suspect if they don't commit suicide or go down in a gun battle and do get caught, they'll be loyal to each other at first. But then one the weaker link feels betrayed by the other, he'll start to sing.

Interesting! Very curious where this will go and how it will end. No more violence hopefully.

Two employees at a hardware store in Meadow Lake, Sask., about 250 kilometres northwest of Saskatoon, told CBC News the suspects were in their store and made purchases, though it was not clear when.

Later in the day, Manitoba RCMP said in a tweet they had "reason to believe" McLeod and Schmegelsky were recently in the Gillam area, in the northeast of the province.

A burnt-out car was found near the reserve of Bird, not far from Gillam, on Tuesday, prompting a statement from Chief of the Fox Lake Cree Nation Walter Spence.

"We cannot confirm this was directly connected to the individuals wanted by RCMP. I have spoken with the RCMP. An all night patrol for the community has been prepared as a caution," Spence said.

I hope train cars are being checked. They could be sitting/sleeping in train cars waiting for one to go wherever. Is it still easy to hop into a train car? There's no trains where I live now but I grew up around some so it seemed easy to hop on one.
Imo trains are becoming more and more absolute save for cargo trains. Don’t know how many trains are in the north though.

in their case, I suspect that coming-down-to-earth thud might happen as soon as they hit prison

I suspect if they don't commit suicide or go down in a gun battle and do get caught, they'll be loyal to each other at first. But then one the weaker link feels betrayed by the other, he'll start to sing.

Yeah, it's unlikely to be in unison... one will mentally break out of the bond and mindset, the other will cling on for a bit.

Not through Fort Mac but near there. Yes, Meadow Lake is close to Cold Lake, but I never heard they were around there???. If you check out Ottos map, it made sense to me. I live in Alberta and close to both places and it can be accessed from the north.

I live in AB as well and have done plenty of oilfield work in the Ft mc area, only accessible from the north in the winter time via ice bridges, and would the the most indirect rout from the ft Nelson area. Cold Lake, being several hundred km's south of ft Mac is the north most route to northern Saskatchewan.

I presume they'd also need to steal another vehicle before burning the previous one. With that, is someone missing a vehicle?
Or another body. I am curious as to their stock of ammo. .. . A horrible and confronting subject, but so far , I think, it has been established that all the victims have been shot, I appreciate correction here. They have not turned to other weaponry , knives, tyre levers, etc.. it's only a matter of time, though. Desperate people do desperate things.

So far, they only buy petrol and bits of junk food. No reports of replenishing their ammo stock, as far as I can recall.

What’s with this business of burning vehicles? Makes little sense except as a ritual.

Sounds like they never got out of Gillam unless they were able to steal another car and drive all the way back to Thompson. It’s even possible that they’re now dead.

Someone above suggested that they could now be in northern Ontario. If so, the smart thing would be to steal a boat and get way out on Lake of the Woods. Lots of islands. They could get good and lost there for awhile, maybe even cross the border. But I doubt that a couple of guys from Vancouver Island would even know that.

Could be ritual or liking the "blow em up" style of too many movies/video games. These guys seem detached from reality, probably a big game to them. Loving the attention. It does seem quiet, where are they?

I live in AB as well and have done plenty of oilfield work in the Ft mc area, only accessible from the north in the winter time via ice bridges, and would the the most indirect rout from the ft Nelson area. Cold Lake, being several hundred km's south of ft Mac is the north most route to northern Saskatchewan.
Ok, well I will try to find the map that Otto made...because it made sense to me. This is too close to home for me.

None of these are far fetched theories at all. I had thought that , by now, considering the tension and the terrific level of alarm they are living at, multiplied by two, their own individual tension and their shared combined tension that perhaps, one might turn on the other. 'you got me into this' kind of thing. ' I always knew you were nutso'.. and so on. It is a feasible theory. . ..

But the longer it goes on, the more I understand that their committment and utter fealty to each other must be paramount and unyeilding. It might take death to break it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe