CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s something odd about this. It makes it sound like neither of them has a gun license. It highly unlikely that these guys would have acquired a gun or guns illegally, and you need to show your license to purchase ammunition. Gun control in Canada is really strict.

they are over 18, good chance they could have applied for one without their parents knowing but it does sound odd
the poor dad's theory just sounds so far off, the police wouldn't consider them suspects had they witnessed a murder and were hiding from the killers, the first thing they would do is get to a police station

“They’re both kids, they not violent, they’re good people, never got in trouble or anything right? I’m thinking a murder was committed two kilometres away and somebody decided: ‘let’s take care of the witnesses’.

BBM - If I had a dollar for every time I've heard a family member, friend or neighbor say that about someone who has committed murder...

Also major road construction. Once going into to Ontario there is a somewhat northern highway and one to the south. I have taken both enroute to and from Ottawa.

After crossing into Ontario on highway 17, some folks go south but that takes you into the US for a bit, so I doubt that it would be an option for these guys.

About the burned out vehicle pattern... so they torched the last car (RAV4 I think) close to Gilliam which is bizarre as it's telling LE where they are. Gilliam is a dead end, they wouldn't purposefully be luring LE into a trap would they? I doubt they are that smart to know that location was a dead end, so why bother to torch the car when they could let it sit undetected? Evidence maybe I guess.

they are over 18, good chance they could have applied for one without their parents knowing but it does sound odd
the poor dad's theory just sounds so far off, the police wouldn't consider them suspects had they witnessed a murder and were hiding from the killers, the first thing they would do is get to a police station

They could have done it secretly, but there’s no reason to hide it. Although I live in New a York, I have a Canadian gun permit. You have to complete a course, the process isn’t cheap, and it’s a matter of pride to get it all done. Also, you can’t just buy a gun and ammunition illegally on the street corner, certainly not where they lived.

The application just for the permit requires references, etc. and, if I recall, would have required them to disclose who they were living with plus give those phone numbers. Calls to those people would have been made. There’s also a two month cooling off period before the license issues. As you say, I guess they could have lied about everything, but I don’t see why they would do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
In fairness to the dad, they weren't suspects at the time of his interview and were only deemed missing. I think he was trying to explain why he thought they were still alive but their truck was burned and someone was found dead a mile down the road and they hadn't come forward.

I watched it and felt bad for him. I think he's in denial about his son, but he seemed genuinely distraught and concerned about both the teens.

Th
After crossing into Ontario on highway 17, some folks go south but that takes you into the US for a bit, so I doubt that it would be an option for these guys.
There is a highway north besides 17. I have taken it...but, right now the highway number escapes me. I can’t google it as my wifi is acting up...especially on this site.

Last edited:
The TransCanada is not the only road.

Highway 11/Highway 17 joins at Shabaqua Corners, then southeast for 65 km (40 mi) to Thunder Bay, On, then northeast for 115 km (71 mi) to Nipigon. The highway is the only road that connects eastern and western Canada.

You might remember a couple of yrs ago when the bridge failed in Nipigon. The only way to get from Manitoba to Ontario was to go around the south side of Lake Superior, through the US.

Last edited:
Apologies if this has already been posted..

Two lifelong friends wanted over the grisly murders of three people, including an Australian and his American girlfriend, on a lonely Canadian highway had trained intensively in “war and camouflage”, the father of one of the suspects says.

Suspect’s dad believes Canadian teens in hiding from real killer

Just to reiterate, that interview with the dad was on Monday when they were still publicly considered missing, not suspects. What that was was a father desperately trying to believe his child hadn’t been murdered, not a father desperately trying to deny his child was a killer.

About the burned out vehicle pattern... so they torched the last car (RAV4 I think) close to Gilliam which is bizarre as it's telling LE where they are.

i would have tried to find a populated car park that has cars even overnight and left it there, easier to hide in plain sight and it doesn't draw attention, so yeah its a bit strange but when you might be involved in 3 murders.. everything is evidence and burning it is a good way to get rid of it

Just to reiterate, that interview with the dad was yesterday when they were still publicly considered missing, not suspects

ah ok story i got it from didn't state just said it was an interview with the dad

Highway 11/Highway 17 goes southeast for 65 km (40 mi) to Thunder Bay, On, then northeast for 115 km (71 mi) to Nipigon. The highway is the only road that connects eastern and western Canada.

The road splits at Kenora. There are also lots of roads in that area that you aren’t necessarily going to see on a map. I spent my teenage summers on an island off Kenora/Keewatin. I know the area pretty well :)

They could have done it secretly, but there’s no reason to hide it. Although I live in New a York, I have a Canadian gun permit. You have to complete a course, the process isn’t cheap, and it’s a matter of pride to get it all done. Also, you can’t just buy a gun and ammunition illegally on the street corner, certainly not where they lived.

The application just for the permit requires references, etc. and, if I recall, would have required them to disclose who they were living with plus give those phone numbers. Calls to those people would have been made. There’s also a two month cooling off period before the license issues. As you say, I guess they could have lied about everything, but I don’t see why they would do that.
A firearms safety course is around 200$ and around 300$ if both restricted and non restrictive courses are taken in Alberta. I am not sure about BC. There is also an exam that one must pass at the end of the course. Everyone seeking to possess firearms must take the restrictive course. It does take some time to get a permit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe