Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so. Did local Alaska radio stations report the double murders on July 16, when RCMP Major Crimes Unit first announced the double murder on Hwy 97? What about after the murder on Hwy 37? When did Alaska radio stations pick up the story? Was it after they learned that one of the victims is from North Carolina?
I just done a Google search to see who did report it. And all I'm picking up is media in Canada, South China, Alaska and CNN '6 days ago'.
I personally couldn't find anything about the rcmp letting other police Detachment know up to Alaska

How were all three murders linked when they were seen in Meadow Lake?? I missed that part. What connection did witnesses make??

I have no idea. I remember that the three murders were connected, and something about Meadow Lake. Was that the sighting that confirmed they were not missing? That's when RCMP discovered that they were driving a Rav4? Was that July 21?

On July 23, when they were in Gillam Mantioba, the suspects were connected with Dr Leonard Dyck in Dease Lake, but weren't they already suspects in all three murders? They've only been charged for the third murder so far, but there's more.

I am a local of where the first murders took place. Don’t be worried to come up here. All the locals are quite confident the RCMP have the right “suspects”. I can’t speak for everyone but everyone I know (very small town) feels quite safe.

That is very nice of you to say that. Know that so many people all over the world want you and your communities in BC, and Canada to be safe! Hopefully the criminals will be apprehended asap!

I hope so. Did local Alaska radio stations report the double murders on July 16, when RCMP Major Crimes Unit first announced the double murder on Hwy 97? What about after the murder on Hwy 37? When did Alaska radio stations pick up the story? Was it after they learned that one of the victims is from North Carolina?

Found this...

RCMP investigate suspicious deaths near Liard Hotsprings

With the window busted out like that. A big smashed out window very very little glass on the outside. The first thing that came to my mind was a few years ago in a small town near where I used to live.... the teenagers would get in their vehicles... With their pellet guns and shoot out the windows in park vehicles.
They thought it was fun. Although they did get into a lot of trouble.
Anyway when I first seen the windows that was the first thing that came to my mind was maybe L and be we're driving by seeing if Park van on the side of the road with the lights off and shot the window out as they were going by. Not thinking anybody was in there. Reports state that Lucas had a "small wound at his abdomen area" maybe he was standing up when the bullet went into the window. Ran outside and Chyna was putting on her shoes and got one on when everything else happened

Just another theory :)

With the window busted out like that. A big smashed out window very very little glass on the outside. The first thing that came to my mind was a few years ago in a small town near where I used to live.... the teenagers would get in their vehicles... With their pellet guns and shoot out the windows in park vehicles.
They thought it was fun. Although they did get into a lot of trouble.
Anyway when I first seen the windows that was the first thing that came to my mind was maybe L and be we're driving by seeing if Park van on the side of the road with the lights off and shot the window out as they were going by. Not thinking anybody was in there. Reports state that Lucas had a "small wound at his abdomen area" maybe he was standing up when the bullet went into the window. Ran outside and Chyna was putting on her shoes and got one on when everything else happened

Just another theory :)
Also I guess one of my point is that maybe L&B didn't go out on a shooting spree... Maybe crap happened.
Could be a reason they stayed in the area for 5 days Monday through Friday. Camped out not sure what the heck to do.
And things just went further downhill from there.

Welcome to websleuths! LOL @ your user name

Just curious how you all felt those first few days before they announced the suspects?

Lol thank you! And I only made my account because of reading the threads. SOOOO many smart people with good theories and intentions so I’m not even sure if I’m posting “properly” but I’m learning.
This is my opinion and I would say the majority of the locals agree (a lot of Facebook posts, word of mouth, etc)-this was SHOCKING. It does not happen around here! I know many people that either drove by the couple or stopped to offer help to them and they are all having a hard time, we all were and still are. “We” knew right away there was a connection to the Dease Lake murder as well so once we heard about that, we all felt safer (by safer I mean they were getting farther away from us). We are all crushed to have had this happen in our backyard and are cheering law enforcement on because we are quite confident they are correct.
I hope this helps, and like I said, I can’t speak for everyone but......

If this helps at all-the place where their van was, was in the middle of an extremely long stretch of highway and when the road was repaired, they widened it and bulldozed a large area beside both sides of the highway so it would not be dangerous to them (in my opinion).
Also if this helps at all-the south side of the road (behind the van) has a bend in the round and I personally believe it would have been very easy to spot the victims while driving by (no matter how light or dark). And I can also say that highway is SO busy in the summer! The daytime it’s a bunch of tourists and some truckers and the night time there is a lot of truckers. If it was me, I would NEVER be afraid to rough it in my vehicle on the side of the highway like they did. It wouldn’t be something us locals would find odd to see and I do know a lot more people stopped to ask them if they needed a hand then I’ve seen reported (only saying this to confirm the “safe” feeling opinion).
****Also I only started my account because I respect websleuths and their opinions and theories, so I hope I was allowed to say things the way I did without breaking any rules. I just would like to clear up anything (that the RCMP would be ok with) so I can help eliminate as many uncertainties I’m able to.
Up in Northern Alberta when they widen the highway there they made a big swath on both sides of the highway so that people could see large Wildlife like moose and Bear coming out of the Bush to cross the highway.
The animals usually stay at the tree line before wanting to cross the highway and then people couldn't see them so they made a large swathes between the tree line and the highway so the people were more apt to see these large animals..... So the large swaths were for safety for drivers.

I just done a Google search to see who did report it. And all I'm picking up is media in Canada, South China, Alaska and CNN '6 days ago'.
I personally couldn't find anything about the rcmp letting other police Detachment know up to Alaska

News stations in Northern BC announced the murders on July 16 to inform the public of the danger. Did Alaska pick up on it?

What kind of dog do you reckon that is? Some Shepherd but the barrel chest suggests some Pit Bull to me. Not sure. Definitely looks like a meanie.
2019_07_whisenand1.jpg

This dog is definitely a Shepherd mutt of some sort. The mix is anyone's guess, but in my experience, I would say Shepherd/Staffordshire mix. Definitely not boxer as they are considered a brachycephalic breed which this dog most certainly shows zero traits of

News stations in Northern BC announced the murders on July 16 to inform the public of the danger. Did Alaska pick up on it?
I couldn't find any information on that. And currently I live in Southern Alberta so can't really tell you for sure.

Edit
Canadianmade posted that an Alaska new source posted it on July 16th.

Up in Northern Alberta when they widen the highway there they made a big swath on both sides of the highway so that people could see large Wildlife like moose and Bear coming out of the Bush to cross the highway.
The animals usually stay at the tree line before wanting to cross the highway and then people couldn't see them so they made a large swathes between the tree line and the highway so the people were more apt to see these large animals..... So the large swaths were for safety for drivers.

Thank you!!! I didn’t know the technical name for it but you’re completely correct! It was very “wide and open” (terrible description) so if I were to pick an area to pull over or campout overnight without pushing my vehicle elsewhere, that would be the best spot. The roads have sharp turns, are very narrow, etc most of the way there so it would make sense to me they picked that spot and didn’t worry.

Thank you!!! I didn’t know the technical name for it but you’re completely correct! It was very “wide and open” (terrible description) so if I were to pick an area to pull over or campout overnight without pushing my vehicle elsewhere, that would be the best spot. The roads have sharp turns, are very narrow, etc most of the way there so it would make sense to me they picked that spot and didn’t worry.

You're welcome. If your vehicle got any gumption left it's definitely better to push it off the road and died early out of the way. I've always worried that some driver might be tired and was kind of swerving across the white line in the yellow line a little and they would smoke me. So it's better to get it right off for the road. However Lucas might not I had that chance. The vehicle might have just died and he was barely able to get it over.
And the push those big ole vans... They're heavy They're made in the old days with Real Steel and metal. Not fiberglass like the ones today. So one would have to sit in the driver's seat and one would have to push that and that would be tough. So it might have been parked where it was parked cuz he couldn't get it over any further.

Time of death of Dr Leonard Dyck can be aligned with the time that the suspects' truck was burning, so maybe be an hour earlier? Would it make a difference knowing this information, other than to tell us that they high tailed it East just before the truck was found burning?

My guess is that the second degree murder charge relates to the discovery and identification of the burning Rav4, discovered on July 22 and linked to the suspects on July 23. Canada's criminal investigation information release seems like a mystery, but maybe all the information is available except connecting the dots - maybe that's the prosecutor's job.

So far there is no released concrete information connecting the suspects to the double murder, but all three murders were linked when the suspects were seen in Meadow Lake - RCMP thanked witnesses for making the connection.

They are not "merely" suspects in the gun violence shooting of Fowler and Deese, they are suspects who should not be approached, call police immediately. The evidence pans out, just not trial by media.

Sorry, but I do not want to assume the time of death is definitely tied to the time of the truck burning, although you are probably right:
Truck found on fire near Dease Lake, B.C., followed by discovery of dead male

I was just wondering if there were any way LD could have been killed days before, instead of a full four days after CD/LF. What did BS/KM do during those four days?

This dog is definitely a Shepherd mutt of some sort. The mix is anyone's guess, but in my experience, I would say Shepherd/Staffordshire mix. Definitely not boxer as they are considered a brachycephalic breed which this dog most certainly shows zero traits of

I know nothing about Staffordshires other than those in my mother-in-laws hideous pottery collection. What is the temperament of this creature when fused with Shepherds? Fierce? Adorable? Crazy? (Pretty sure those are not approved breed designations.)

By the way, it's not a random question. Reports say dear CD's coffin was closed at the request of a family member and earlier reports relayed the abhorrence about the condition of her body when discovered. This suggests either a ballistic impact at close range or animal interference with her body after death or, is it possible, a fierce attack from a dog? (Theories only. MOO)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member