Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, otherwise we would have to wait until trial and even then the jury gets to weigh if something is fact or fiction, exc.

Okay but there ARE facts out there and, at this point they all lead to them not being spree killers.
What the media presents are Not always facts so relying on them is not really the best thing.
Discussing is one thing. Forming an opinion in another.

Then they should've kept the camper to park in a job hunting city and lived in that perfectly nice looking camper until they got jobs.

Should have sure, but something along the way happened.
What I am saying is maybe they were not truthful with their family about where they were going because they didn't want them to know. Simple as that.
Assuming that they lied because they were planning a murder spree is feeding into the media and Twits out there.

ETA: It wold be REALLY awful for their families if later we find out that they aren't on some spree and they died out in the woods because the whole world was looking a them that way.

What evidence?

The killings didn't seem to have any ideological motive, and instead seemed to be random opportunistic killings. Compare, for example, to the hate motivated spree killing that neo-Nazi Dylann Roof committed, where he had this whole website with a manifesto and all this stuff, and clearly targeted a specific group of people. Also we know about Bryer's history from his classmates, old friends, and even his dad, and we know that there was evidence of a troubled background and an obsession with violence (not necessarily specific to an ideology) going back several years. He completely fits the typical "troubled loner" mass shooter profile who kills people due to general misanthropy. Unfortunately there isn't as much information about Kam. I could be wrong but so far from what we know, the evidence points to no ideological motive.

If you're going to discount everything that's said in the media as "inaccurate" then we can't discuss anything since everything we know about this case comes from the media.

Is there any info about where the other suspect's parents/family are?

I know they allegedly left to avoid the media attention, but what if, and its a crazy theory, that they essentially went to either find the suspects themselves or help them in any way?

Are you serious?

I find this super interesting. He went missing the day before the RAV4 burned + he's 18 years old. I tried to look up his facebook, but the name is so common + I'm not good at that. I wonder if he was a gamer with them possibly? He may have just taken off, but I think it's worth exploring IMO.

This is a small town, here are the stats: Thompson (Manitoba, Canada) - Population Statistics, Charts, Map, Location, Weather and Web Information
He was reported missing in Thompson, Manitoba, early morning of July 18.

Kam/Bryer was not yet at the Jade, BC store for free coffee, a few thousand km away.

The killings didn't seem to have any ideological motive, and instead seemed to be random opportunistic killings. Compare, for example, to the hate motivated spree killing that neo-Nazi Dylann Roof committed, where he had this whole website with a manifesto and all this stuff, and clearly targeted a specific group of people. Also we know about Bryer's history from his classmates, old friends, and even his dad, and we know that there was evidence of a troubled background and an obsession with violence (not necessarily specific to an ideology) going back several years. He completely fits the typical "troubled loner" mass shooter profile who kills people due to general misanthropy. Unfortunately there isn't as much information about Kam. I could be wrong but so far from what we know, the evidence points to no ideological motive.

If you're going to discount everything that's said in the media as "inaccurate" then we can't discuss anything since everything we know about this case comes from the media.

No, of course you can discuss....but that's what I am doing too.
I don't believe a world they are saying because I KNOW how they operate. I think THEY are part of the reason these two are hiding. I personally think in the long run we are going to find out that they did not kill the couple.

I don't believe a world they are saying because I KNOW how they operate. I think THEY are part of the reason these two are hiding. I personally think in the long run we are going to find out that they did not kill the couple.

Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion. But I highly doubt there would be international reports of these two being wanted for the couple's murder if there wasn't evidence linking them to the murder. It would be a huge scandal if discovered for one thing. Just because the police are not releasing the evidence doesn't mean there isn't any.

Should have sure, but something along the way happened.
What I am saying is maybe they were not truthful with their family about where they were going because they didn't want them to know. Simple as that.
Assuming that they lied because they were planning a murder spree is feeding into the media and Twits out there.

ETA: It wold be REALLY awful for their families if later we find out that they aren't on some spree and they died out in the woods because the whole world was looking a them that way.

It sounds like you believe they told their families they were going to job hunt (but you said really run away) and then something unexpected happened and they had to kill people, torch some vehicles, and disappear. The law enforcement in that country believes they murdered people, but a lot of people want to think oops they didn't mean it. How are the victims' families suppose to feel?

Exactly.
ETA not saying it is OK to kill ONE person, just that I have my doubts they killed anyone.

Last edited:
A few days ago, I wrote a long post about the Split Lake and York Landing events, and the junk appearing in the Daily Mail, as a follow up to repeated posts stating the the Split Lake people are not police officers, let alone RCMP, and that the Bear Clan is just a neighbourhood watch group, with no training and no experience in the north, whose “sighting” should not be taken at face value, in part because it made no sense on its face.

I also talked about the dynamics, something this journalist is also talking about when he says “There are several explanations for the false alarm in York Landing and I'm not going to spell them out.” In my long post, I come closer to spelling them out, but like him I also left some things unsaid. Read my post slowly, and what happened may become crystal clear.

In my view, there are far too many people in this world who are in a hurry to believe anybody but the professionals who are actually carrying out an investigation, and are all the happier if they can implicitly criticize those professionals in the process.

Go back a few days and you’ll find posts from people who were at pains to point out that the Bear Clan was not invited into these communities by the RCMP. In other words, the Bear Clan, not the RCMP, was “solving” the crime. The Australian journalist suggests, astutely in my view, that they not only didn’t solve the crime, but may have occasioned a significant waste of time and resources.

Also, there were posts saying that the RCMP were both incompetent and unprofessional because they didn’t have working radios, and as a consequence were firing their guns to communicate. As this Australian journalist says, that is rubbish.

Everything this journalist is saying makes complete sense to me, as someone who, while I may now live in New York, knows Manitoba, and its politics, like the back of my hand.

Cheers

I think you may have to be more explicit. The Bear Clan exist because Winnipeg is a rough city with multiple issues and the police do not always treat indigenous people with respect. IMO. However, if you are suggesting that they purposely misled LE I disagree, but to be honest I am not really sure why you are getting at....

Exactly.
7th grade.

If they knocked on your door, would you report them to police?

Of course. They Are charged with one death. They Are suspects in two others. That doesn't mean I believe they killed all 3, and whether I would call LE or not also doesn't mean they Did kill all 3. It means I know the law and follow it. What I would do has nothing to do with anything.

I think you may have to be more explicit. The Bear Clan exist because Winnipeg is a rough city with multiple issues and the police do not always treat indigenous people with respect. IMO. However, if you are suggesting that they purposely misled LE I disagree, but to be honest I am not really sure why you are getting at....

Neither the Australian journalist nor I have said, or even suggested, that the Bear Clan, or anybody else, purposely misled the police.

He was reported missing in Thompson, Manitoba, early morning of July 18.

Kam/Bryer was not yet at the Jade, BC store for free coffee, a few thousand km away.

Right, I get that, but I still think it's worth seeing if there is any connection. I'm sure the RCMP have looked into this however, it was just posted today on their site. Maybe that means they weren't able to track him down???

Last edited:
The Bear Clan are hardly vigilantes.

To be clear, the reporter said "they appear to be a vigilante group taking social issues into their own hands" -- while also quoting member Wade Taylor.

Without the full text, I believe your post may be misleading to those unaware of actual media report.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member