Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is reliable information or not, this article says that the BS's Grandma spoke to with him over the phone on July 14 with news. "Whitehorse had been disappointing so they were moving on." I would assume that if they had called from a cell phone, there may be a way to locate where the call originated based on the cell towers? Were they calling from Yukon or from somewhere else?
Path ‘killers’ took to murder sites

Traffic cams, private CCTV along highways incl stores/gas stations/campgrounds, cell towers, use of credit or debit cards are various means the RCMP would have at their disposal to determine their route.

"Herb Loomba, owner of the Redford Motel in Port Alberni, said the elder Schmegelsky stayed there about once a month while visiting his son, and he last saw the teen with his dad on his graduation day, wearing a nice suit."

bbm.

So the suit was for graduation. And there's a good chance he didn't even take it with him, in my view.

source: https://cfjctoday.com/2019/07/27/b-...nazi-is-more-fascinated-by-russia-dad-says-3/

I posted a link yesterday quoting AS. He said BS did not graduate. As previously discussed, some schools allow non-graduates to attend.

We're talking about 2 fugitive killers. I don't think either of them is much concerned about getting a speeding ticket or a fine for driving without a license. JMO

Now, if you are talking about BEFORE they were suspects, that's different. In that case, they would be treated and fined the same as anybody else.
Okay I don't know whether you are from Canada or USA 1. I am talking both about before and after they were suspects, their names were on the wires as Missing. All police would have that alert, and then later as suspects. If you are stopped in Canada without a drivers license, the vehicle is not allowed to go further, and your name and your passenger's names all get thoroughly checked out. The police won't let you go. Let alone they also check the vehicle registration and insurance papers at which point if anything they would see it (Rav4) was not registered to either of them. 2. Part of their plan was to AVOID being stopped by police for any reason. Bottom Line is I feel Kam Mcleod has been the driver of any vehicle they've used all the way through.

IIRC during one of the several press conference iirc a question was asked about their route and the response from the RCMP Communications Officer was something about the focus at this time was looking toward their capture as opposed to looking back.

I can understand why because if their route was publicized SM would be rife with stories of “oh yeah I saw them, they were doing this or that” which in turn can cause alarm by rumours spread by people who half read the news stories but not the dates or intentionally thrive on creating SM frenzy. End result, unnecessary false sightings.

I will have to go back and review all of the RCMP press confrences to see if the RCMP did state it was important to look forward to their capture as opposed to looking back.
IMO this would be a very unprofessional comment seeing as BS & KM were named as suspects on July 23rd yet Lucas & Chynna were found murdered July 15th. Clearly working backwards would be a huge part of the investigation. They were also asking for anyone with potential dashcam video to come forward once again asking people to look back. My investigative mind likes to try to go back to the start of their journey to try to establish how BS & KM ended up on the Alaskan Highway where Lucas & Chynna were found. JMO

Like Copkid, I wondered about the ferry to Prince Rupert.
My hunch was that they first drove to Alberta, stayed overnight on July 13/14, and then crossed into BC again via Grande Prairie.

That would place their red truck on Alaska Highway with van of Lucas/Chyanna.

I don't recall any confirmed sighting reported, but it is almost obvious that RCMP knows, since they said "returned to BC" for unknown reasons.

They had to go though Watson Lake, Yukon to return to BC.

"The Keewatin Tribal Council represents eleven member reserves located in Northern Manitoba . The mandate of KTC is to promote, advance and protect the interests of its eleven member First Nations, and is intended to maintain, strengthen, enhance, lobby for and defend the rights of northern Manitoba First Nations people within its jurisdiction."

The Grand Chiefs of the Keewatin Tribal Council requested that The Bear Clan from Winnipeg be present to act as a liaison between the RCMP and the peaceful and isolated First Nations populace at York Landing reserve.

Keewatin Tribal Council – Keewatin Tribal Council

I don't know if this is reliable information or not, this article says that the BS's Grandma spoke to with him over the phone on July 14 with news. "Whitehorse had been disappointing so they were moving on." I would assume that if they had called from a cell phone, there may be a way to locate where the call originated based on the cell towers? Were they calling from Yukon or from somewhere else?
Path ‘killers’ took to murder sites

Yes I am aware if this apparent call to Gramma but has there been any mention of a confirmed sighting (media reports, RCMP info, cctv footage, witnesses that worked anywhere) of these two ever being in the Yukon? Anything?

My hunch was that they first drove to Alberta, stayed overnight on July 13/14, and then crossed into BC again via Grande Prairie.

Overnight in Red Deer is even possible.

Yes I am aware if this apparent call to Gramma but has there been any mention of a confirmed sighting (media reports, RCMP info, cctv footage, witnesses that worked anywhere) of these two ever being in the Yukon? Anything?

No. And last contact with gran was on the 13th or 14th. She wasn't sure. She didn't say it was a phone call. Could have been a text, email, etc.

Why do you think they’d drive west across the Rockies to Alberta and then immediately head back to northern BC?

Can't find anything to say that K&B actually ever made it to Whitehorse.

It seems, other than the apparent call to Gramma, there is nothing confirmed. Thanks for looking.
Just another unknown to add to the list!

Again, having one driver with valid license was relevant before they became fugitives. BS could have shown a "learner's permit" equivalent, if he was caught driving, as long as KM had full license.

But his dad said he "didn't know how to drive," not that he didn't have a full license. To me that indicates he literally had no experience driving (at least not that anyone knew about).

It depends on whether their truck was mechanically sound when it was torched or if it wasn’t, did they have their sights set on murdering the driver of a stolen vehicle and then immediately fleeing the area. The report discussed here awhile back of the possible witness in BC noting the two were seen hitchhiking in opposite directions is disturbing IMO. As it also appears they misled their families about arriving at Whitehorse, coming back in a few days when they hadn’t even arrived there (allegedly), intentional fabrication also points toward malicious criminal intent on their part. IMO

If they’re guilty of murdering L and C, what’s a second murder to them if it nets them a vehicle. Especially if one of the two committed those murders, maybe the other was then challenged to commit a murder, blood brothers and all. :(

It was after they were identified as suspects that a killing adventure changed into becoming wanted fugitives, something they didn’t plan. Same mistake as virtually all criminals - they never expect to get identified.

That's a very good point about lying to their families possibly indicating malicious intent the whole time. Yet another question mark because there's a bunch of data points that point towards "this wasn't planned" and a bunch of data points that point towards "they planned to do this."

Ok but like...I don't know what they expected after they torched the car right next to the murder scene. Also they were acting like fugitives days before they were even named as suspects. If I remember the timeline correctly, they had burned the second car and escaped to wherever BEFORE they were ever named as suspects or charged. In fact it's possible they may have died before they were ever named as suspects or charged.

Good will stores everywhere are filled with second hand suits for sale for only a few dollars. Anywhere along their northern route, two young men attempting to sell a suit would definitely attract attention IMO.

It’s possible a suit was in the RAV4 to prop up a fabricated story in case they got stopped. One thing neither of the band constables have ever mentioned, a common question they’d ask people I’d think given B&K were obviously not locals and the vehicle had BC plates is were they stopping/visiting somebody on the reserve or where were they headed? Maybe a ruse of a job interview at Gillam would’ve been the reply and B was that naive to think having a visible suit hanging in the rear seat (my speculation) would support a story such as that.

ETA
Otherwise maybe the suits only purpose was to block light from the back seat window as they took turns sleeping in the back seat while the other drive during their hasty flee from BC to Man.

The checkpoint is to search for drugs and alcohol. I have passed it and wasn’t even searched. No reason they would ask them, the band constables are only there to stop booze and drugs, they aren’t there to determine your reasons for visiting a town. I’m sure plenty of out of town people stop in Split Lake for food or gas or a place to stay for a night along the long drive to or from gillam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth