Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly.

Newbie here. I've been following this from the start. I'm not sure why there are arguments about this for pages and pages when the RCMP has officially said (via Twitter):

"The search is over. At 10am this morning, Manitoba RCMP officers located the bodies of two males, believed to be the BC suspects, near the shoreline of the Nelson River (approx 8km from the burnt vehicle). #rcmpmb"
RCMP Manitoba on Twitter

I'll take their word over news reports.

The people on here are not arguing. They have been following this case closely for weeks, and are going through a process of closure after investing much time in this. It will slow down and end, when people are ready.

Double edge sword.... wonderful they’ve been found. No lingering doubts, no more expense, closure for the families. Prison would have been too good for these yobs
I hope majority of Canadians are still against death penalty. In this case, they had valuable information about how their path crossed with the victims.

cbc.ca twitter vid says a jet boat operator saw what he thought was a sleeping bag on the shore, prompting closer investigation that found their belongings, the divers, etc. It does not talk about the boat and does not say if the sleeping bag was open or still rolled up. It does not talk about the other items found. It is posted by Austin Grabish, CBC.ca reporter. Under #canadamanhunt
Thanks! Grabish has had some good stuff during this ordeal.

One thing that has me intrigued: in the CBC video link someone kindly posted a page or two back, at about 1:27, someone Bryer hooked up with at a skate park said Bryer wanted to get into "dark politics" and texted him about joining his "militia". If the past 1.5 years of "playing" with his airsoft in the woods, combined with Dad's expression of a suicide-type missing, and whatever "digital" evidence they found at the home is connected, it's no wonder the Minister of Public Safety so readily offered military assistance.
Do you mind reposting the link? I would be curious to see it. Thanks!

They have been following this case closely for weeks, and are going through a process of closure after investing much time in this. It will slow down and end, when people are ready.
SBM

This is so true! I thought I would be relieved when they were found. But I am not. I've just felt vaguely ill all day since hearing the news, and though I thought I could finally sleep after it was concluded, I can already tell there will be more sleepless nights in my future, contemplating this case. This whole thing is just such a sad, pointless tragedy that led to 5 deaths and destroyed 5 families and terrorized an entire country. :(

cbc.ca twitter vid says a jet boat operator saw what he thought was a sleeping bag on the shore, prompting closer investigation that found their belongings, the divers, etc. It does not talk about the boat and does not say if the sleeping bag was open or still rolled up. It does not talk about the other items found. It is posted by Austin Grabish, CBC.ca reporter. Under #canadamanhunt

It's in this article:

"Clint Sawchuk, owner of Nelson River Adventures, thinks he might have helped draw RCMP attention to the wide, fast-moving river that powers several hydro-electric dams.

He spotted what appeared to be a sleeping bag caught in willows and reported it to the RCMP. He believes the Mounties spotted the boat as they flew by helicopter to investigate."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/rcmp-significant-announcement-1.5239053

Wow! I wonder if he went out specifically to do some amateur sleuthing of his own for signs of them.[/QUOTE]

I posted the reporters name on Twitter so people could go watch the vid themselves, which I recommend. He (the reporter) didn't do the sleuthing; he states that one of the jet boats involved in the official search saw the sleeping bag. He wrote the piece and the posted video is of a CBC anchorwoman reporting his story and findings. I don't know any more about it than what I just saw on Twitter. It just caught my attention when I watched, because it's the first I've heard about a sleeping bag.

It's in this article:

"Clint Sawchuk, owner of Nelson River Adventures, thinks he might have helped draw RCMP attention to the wide, fast-moving river that powers several hydro-electric dams.

He spotted what appeared to be a sleeping bag caught in willows and reported it to the RCMP. He believes the Mounties spotted the boat as they flew by helicopter to investigate."

Thanks for posting this link. I was going to post a link to the twitter reporter's video but I'm not sure how to copy a link to twitter, since I'm signed in and people can't go through a link on my account.

It's in this article:

For more on Sawchuk see my post just above, #697. If you do a search, you’ll find four or five posts, with links and more info, that I’ve done on him before.

i have to say, i'm really glad they were found without anyone else getting hurt or killed. it started to become clear as time went on that it probably wasn't going to end in a "blaze of glory". but still, i always thought it was possible so i'm thankful that the RCMP stayed safe.

i wonder if their causes of death will ever be released...to be quite honest, i don't really care. i suppose i'm curious, but i'm just glad they were finally located, whether dead or alive. they were sick, demented individuals who brought grief to --and forever changed -- so many people's lives, and induced panic to basically a whole country. i don't revel in anyone's death so i will leave it at that and just say i'm glad this horrible manhunt has come to an end.

I’m confused by the statement that I’ve bolded. Is she saying they received tips about the Texas guy and that there was a probable link between him and the murders of Fowler/Deese?
DW or that mysterious bearded man were NOT suspects, even if many tips were about them.

I trust that RCMP had some evidence linking KM/BS to Lucas/Chynna murder site, in the appropriate time frame.

My earlier post wasn't about alternate killers. I personally want to know how KM/BS arrived at the disabled blue van in that July 14/15 time frame.

I also want to know when and why Prof. Dyck arrived at Stikine River lookout on July 19.

Thanks! Grabish has had some good stuff during this ordeal.

Do you mind reposting the link? I would be curious to see it. Thanks!

SBM

This is so true! I thought I would be relieved when they were found. But I am not. I've just felt vaguely ill all day since hearing the news, and though I thought I could finally sleep after it was concluded, I can already tell there will be more sleepless nights in my future, contemplating this case. This whole thing is just such a sad, pointless tragedy that led to 5 deaths and destroyed 5 families and terrorized an entire country. :(

It should be here. It's actually repeated twice (it's a long video), but my screenshot shows the first time is at 1:27:18.

I posted the reporters name on Twitter so people could go watch the vid themselves, which I recommend. He (the reporter) didn't do the sleuthing; he states that one of the jet boats involved in the official search saw the sleeping bag. He wrote the piece and the posted video is of a CBC anchorwoman reporting his story and findings. I don't know any more about it than what I just saw on Twitter. It just caught my attention when I watched, because it's the first I've heard about a sleeping bag.

I meant was the jet boat operator (Clint Sawchuk) doing some amateur sleuthing. I can't imagine he was taking passengers in the boat as I imagine tourism has been way down in the area the past few weeks.

nelson-river-gillam.jpg

The Nelson River flows north from Lake Winnipeg to Hudson Bay, and Gillam is located near its banks. (Angela Johnston/CBC)

Meanwhile, RCMP in British Columbia said late Wednesday the investigation is not over.

"We still need to ensure that our investigative findings… eliminates any other possibilities or suspects," said Hackett.

Police said it's difficult to guess what may have been the motive behind the three killings — and it may be impossible now if the bodies are indeed those of the two men.

Thanks so much--I appreciate it! I can't brain right now.
Sorry, that time at 1:27:18 might be the second time. It's a 1:35:57 long video and I know the first time the guy said it, it was about 1/4 of the way in.

I'm barely braining myself right now after part-time sleuthing this mess :)

Sorry, that time at 1:27:18 might be the second time. It's a 1:35:57 long video and I know the first time the guy said it, it was about 1/4 of the way in.

I'm barely braining myself right now after part-time sleuthing this mess :)
No worries! I watched that sequence and found the screenshot of BS's FB message a bit odd. Asking him if he "wanted to hang out this weekend and speak of politics." That strikes me as an odd bit of phrasing--"speak of politics." I can't imagine a creepier invitation. LOL

No worries! I watched that sequence and found the screenshot of BS's FB message a bit odd. Asking him if he "wanted to hang out this weekend and speak of politics." That strikes me as an odd bit of phrasing--"speak of politics." I can't imagine a creepier invitation. LOL
Despite some here thinking the boys' deaths means closure, I don't think it is. By a long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth