Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SteamID » Kam steam | STEAM_0:1:60761922 | 76561198081789573
SteamID » Bryer steam | STEAM_0:1:156258444 | 76561198272782617

Something I found interesting was the last activity on their steam accounts - July 12, 3 days before the deaths of L&C.

Steam has a setting for it to start up when your computer is turned on, being avid steam gamers I assume they had this setting on. I wonder what they were doing in the 3-5 days before the first murders.

<modsnip: Sleuthing non POI/suspect is not allowed>

Also - Kams profile visibility settings were changed to "Friends only" on the 23 of July?? Can anyone here confirm this? If you set your chat visibility settings to "Offline" on steam it does not record you signing in, so it is possible he could have signed in into the steam app on his phone and changed his profile visibility settings while being offline to friends. Could just be a website error as well though.
I think when his parents/family shut down all his social media accounts it was them who changed it on July 23.
On another note, it's interesting as at 2016 Kam's account profile name was AngelOfDeath while Bryer's always had just his name

In a related post, you mention that maybe the person didn't know the RCMP station was close. I wonder if that might get added to the list of things that might get looked at in an inquiry; some way of posting locations of RCMP stations. In a part of the country where there is little or no cell service, no 911, it would make sense to have RCMP addresses or something like that visible...
It really depends on where that witness was actually working. Most of the road construction companies up there have camps for their workers, and they all work very long long hours. Could be the guy had to get straight to his work site and literally didn't get a chance for a few days.

It really depends on where that witness was actually working. Most of the road construction companies up there have camps for their workers, and they all work very long long hours. Could be the guy had to get straight to his work site and literally didn't get a chance for a few days.

If he had to work and he told anyone what happened, they wouldn't hold it against him to make a report. I am not sure I believe the sighting personally.

If he had to work and he told anyone what happened, they wouldn't hold it against him to make a report. I am not sure I believe the sighting personally.
Its hard to explain it I worked up there a few years for a road construction company which sounds like this person was, he may have been on his way back to work up north toward Destruction Bay area where most cell service is remote, as well Kluane Park there is very little cell service.

Its hard to explain it I worked up there a few years for a road construction company which sounds like this person was, he may have been on his way back to work up north toward Destruction Bay area where most cell service is remote, as well Kluane Park there is very little cell service.

I guess but I'm still skeptical over the sighting, as there was so many red flags for me, at least.

If the guy had been driving for a long time and pulled over to sleep because he was exhausted, it's possible he literally thought he hallucinated it at first. I mean, that is an insane thing to witness.

I have to admit after everything that has been released, I'm still unconvinced Kam and Bryer were on drugs during any of this. They just don't strike me as big drug users even with everything we have all learned in the last ten days. However, I've never gotten a drug vibe since the start of this whole thing. I think the decision to embark on this "adventure" was fueled by: vivid imaginations, no direction, boredom, depression, problem drinking, isolation, sexual repression, seemingly terrible sleeping habits, eating habits and they simply stopped caring. I mean yes, we heard that story from the kid who went camping with them and what he told the media about Bryer, but that could have just been Bryer trying to be the bad boy in front of his and Kam's "company." Perhaps there was some Ritalin or Adderall involved on their trip but my guess is that was prescribed and easily accessible. I could never picture either of these two going out of their way for drugs, much less having the social skills to obtain them nor interested in those "channels." It just doesn't strike me as their jam. Of course we still don't know for certain and I do hope we get an answer. Outside of late night coffee and energy drinks, I don't think their was much need for drugs even with Kam doing all the driving. Not to mention, the real "power driving" didn't really start until after they killed Leonard. Before that it even took them from the morning of the 12th to get to Fort Nelson on the late afternoon of the 14th remember. It was a haul, but it was reasonable timing. I suspect caffeine and the thrill of the kill turned chase was all they may have needed. The word "coffee" has come up so many times throughout this whole narrative, I find that interesting. Speaking of thrill, I think this was likely the only time in their lives either of them ever felt alive. That's very sad if true.

I have to admit after everything that has been released, I'm still unconvinced Kam and Bryer were on drugs during any of this. They just don't strike me as big drug users even with everything we have all learned in the last ten days. However, I've never gotten a drug vibe since the start of this whole thing.

Maybe they were, maybe they weren't...but if they were, I wouldn't be surprised.

I think the decision to embark on this "adventure" was fueled by: vivid imaginations, no direction, boredom, depression, problem drinking, isolation, sexual repression, seemingly terrible sleeping habits, eating habits and they simply stopped caring.

You forgot "all-consuming rage at the world," "extreme codependency bordering on folie a deux," and "this is the only way they felt like they could exert power in society."

I mean yes, we heard that story from the kid who went camping with them and what he told the media about Bryer, but that could have just been Bryer trying to be the bad boy in front of his and Kam's "company."

Even so, though, he did actually snort it. And apparently the effects of methylphenidate are pharmacologically similar to those of cocaine: Methylphenidate Abuse and Psychiatric Side Effects

Perhaps there was some Ritalin or Adderall involved on their trip but my guess is that was prescribed and easily accessible.

I think Bryer probably had ADHD -- he seems like textbook ADHD and that counts as a "learning difficulty" -- and it was prescribed to him. JMO.

Speaking of thrill, I think this was likely the only time in their lives either of them ever felt alive. That's very sad if true.

I think so, also. It was probably also the first time they ever felt like they had self-determination.

I think they have reached a conclusion based on evidence, but RCMP still has some toes in the water. Toxicology hasn't come back, times of deaths, etc. And, with guns being such a huge issue in Canada, I'd bet someone is following up on it. The gun or parts of the gun may have been used in other crimes, and that has to get looked into.

(bbm)

guns are a hugs issue in Canada
I live here and I would say theyère a huge issue in the States ...

TBH I doubt Bryer actually put it together himself. I think maybe that was one theory the RCMP mentioned and somehow it got misinterpreted by either Alan's lawyer or the reporter as "that is what happened."

Reasons why I think it's unlikely:
a) The report said they don't know where it came from, so how would they know if he put it together?

b) While I can imagine Bryer being into the concept of building his own gun, I can't imagine him actually succeeding at it. These guys failed at life in general.

c) The older SKS rifles are often made of different parts and can be obtained very easily for cheap (about $200).

d) Private sellers often sell guns without following proper procedure. It's even possible Kam bought the gun since he had a PAL -- why risk a weapons charge for Bryer if Kam could get it legally? -- and the seller just never bothered to deal with the paperwork. (Although people who know more about Canadian gun laws, your insight is much appreciated on this topic!)

If buying a used gun privately apparently no paperwork is required/recorded. Sounds like all restricted firearms are supposed to be registered but from what I hear used/private purchases are not typically registering them. PAL licenses should be presented but it is not tracked so I guess it’s the honour system.

Cabella's sells used but if it was the same store they would have been able to track the older gun if police requested. Cabella’s would have had to keep some sort of inventory.

I am still hopeful that some sort of overlooked gun shop can verify the sale of that older gun. Did police release the serial numbers?

I wonder how soon after KM turned 18 that he received his PAL license. He would have most likely had a parent as the registered ownership of the hunting guns he would use until the legal age that he could acquire his own legally. He would have taken the course, had his record check, reference check etc. I’m curious when that all took place.

If buying a used gun privately apparently no paperwork is required/recorded. Sounds like all restricted firearms are supposed to be registered but from what I hear used/private purchases are not typically registering them. PAL licenses should be presented but it is not tracked so I guess it’s the honour system.

So it's entirely possible Kam bought it legally, then? In that case I think that's most likely what happened. Most mass killers get their guns legally. Especially if they already have a gun license, there would be no point in obtaining it illegally and risking a weapons charge (especially because we know prison was NOT an option for these guys...they preferred to kill themselves over going to prison).

Did police release the serial numbers?

Not that I heard of.

I wonder how soon after KM turned 18 that he received his PAL license. He would have most likely had a parent as the registered ownership of the hunting guns he would use until the legal age that he could acquire his own legally. He would have taken the course, had his record check, reference check etc. I’m curious when that all took place.

Probably as soon as possible after he turned 18, if he really did go hunting with his dad regularly.

There is zero evidence that Bryer told Kam to "execute him" or that Kam was his disciple.

It was just an example meant to show that "actions speak louder than words" can have a variety of interpretations. There's no evidence that he didn't.

I have to say, I've thought quite a bit about what it means that Kam shot Bryer. I mean, it seems this was the moment Bryer had been waiting for, when he finally gets to do this thing he has long fantasized about, and then he doesn't do it. What's up with that? Was he unable to and asked for assistance? Or did Kam surprise him?

I guess we will never know.

So it's entirely possible Kam bought it legally, then? In that case I think that's most likely what happened. Most mass killers get their guns legally. Especially if they already have a gun license, there would be no point in obtaining it illegally and risking a weapons charge (especially because we know prison was NOT an option for these guys...they preferred to kill themselves over going to prison).

Not that I heard of.

Probably as soon as possible after he turned 18, if he really did go hunting with his dad regularly.

It could be possible KM bought it legally. But how would gun stores verify the sale of a specific gun if they don’t have the serial numbers. Even if it was bought and sold from someone else at a legit store and then sold privately later on the store would need the serial to track it. A bill of sale or PAL check in document/records control seems like a big ask to dig even two years worth to find a name. Plus it could be a store in another city for all we know. But computer systems at these retailers can probably pull up serial numbers pretty easy.

That's the gun that Kam bought (the new one) I hardly think it says Schmegelsky

I've enhanced and enlarged and studied it, and there's no way it says Schmegelsky. The letters are just not there.

It looks to me like on the right a couple of the letters were turned into a face, with lots of scratching. It's very faint, but there. It looks like somebody tried to obscure whatever was written. The scratches may have been there when Kam bought it.

I think it is likely he got spooked but didn’t really know what those huts were up to. You wouldn’t really report something like that. The police would think you were paranoid. I think he told other people about the strange behavior and they told him what was going on and to report it. If you didn’t know about the murders you might not give it the weight it deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan