Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It may not stop all of the copycats. But it would be much worse if they released ALL of the info, and videos and described motives, etc.

We learned that the hard way with Columbine. The news saturated the airwaves with images of those idiots, wearing their long coats, walking the halls with their automatic weapons. They became icons to many troubled youth.

View attachment 210020

View attachment 210021
One could argue, however, that society at large is being kept ignorant on what led to the decision to kill.

Knowing that information might help the parents of future copycats prevent the copycat from happening because they see the same warning sign.

One could argue, however, that society at large is being kept ignorant on what led to the decision to kill.

Knowing that information might help the parents of future copycats prevent the copycat from happening because they see the same warning sign.
What else do we need to know besides what has already been said, about the early warning signs?

Wearing Nazi armbands, taking a picture with a gun pointed into your mouth, being excited about Hitler memorabilia, being banned from gaming sites for being purposely shocking and offensive...What more needs to be shared with society about their behaviour?

What else do we need to know besides what has already been said, about the early warning signs?

Wearing Nazi armbands, taking a picture with a gun pointed into your mouth, being excited about Hitler memorabilia, being banned from gaming sites for being purposely shocking and offensive...What more needs to be shared with society about their behaviour?
If we know everything already, what needs to be withheld?

How would a parent be able to 'prevent a copycat' from happening?... How would a parent know exactly which, or what, was the 'warning sign'?? .

This stuff has been going on a long time. K and B were not the first, they probably won't be the last, and it would appear that no one , so far, has been able to 'prevent a copycat' anywhere, be it Norway, Finland, New Zealand, Australia, France, Britain, and particularly, the USA where it is almost ingrained into the culture so deeply as to be monotonously regular in happenstance. Along with the monotonous regularity of people in the USA who claim it's all a hoax, a peculiar USA event, and not something that happens elsewhere, that one is strictly a USA phenomenon.

Why isn't all the research, from where it happens most, released to the unwitting public, especially parents world wide so that , should such a thing exist as a 'warning sign' , it can be utilized to the parents advantage.

I am , naturally, assuming that research has been done, conclusions reached, considering the plethora of similar incidences.

How would a parent be able to 'prevent a copycat' from happening?... How would a parent know exactly which, or what, was the 'warning sign'?? .

This stuff has been going on a long time. K and B were not the first, they probably won't be the last, and it would appear that no one , so far, has been able to 'prevent a copycat' anywhere, be it Norway, Finland, New Zealand, Australia, France, Britain, and particularly, the USA where it is almost ingrained into the culture so deeply as to be monotonously regular in happenstance. Along with the monotonous regularity of people in the USA who claim it's all a hoax, a peculiar USA event, and not something that happens elsewhere, that one is strictly a USA phenomenon.

Why isn't all the research, from where it happens most, released to the unwitting public, especially parents world wide so that , should such a thing exist as a 'warning sign' , it can be utilized to the parents advantage.

I am , naturally, assuming that research has been done, conclusions reached, considering the plethora of similar incidences.
How would you know if a copycat was prevented? It was prevented from happening.

Hypothetically, if it was a GTA role play killing spree, should parents be made aware of that so they monitor their children's gaming habits a little more closely?

Hypothetically, if it was a GTA role play killing spree, should parents be made aware of that so they monitor their children's gaming habits a little more closely?
Well, was it? was it GTA , being played excessively or/and obsessively? I mean, the research should have been done by now, surely? GTA 's been around for a decade or more.

How would you know it was prevented? . you wouldn't.

This idea that somethings / everything can be prevented is a sort of Cornucopian Idea, a sort of Utopian fixation where everything broken is fixed, by someone, god alone knows who, but someone goes round 'fixing stuff '

It just doesn't happen that way.

It is perfectly reasonable to me that K and B should have been under intense surveillance from the age of 7, no if's , no but's, because that is the general age their propensities would have firmed up, ditto all the other shooters and random killers, all over the place. Lock 'em up at the age of 7 and don't release them until they are 97, and there it is. Fixed.

Hypothetically just doesn't cut it. .. Miss Deese , Mr Fowler, and Prof Dyck are not hypothetically dead, they are actually dead.

That's all it might take to prevent a copycat. A little more supervision. A little more involvement. A little more interaction. A little more interest in your child.

The more information one has, the better equipped they are to prevent something negative.

Let's say, hypothetically, K and B did post something online in a private forum. Let's say a copycat killer strikes because of that information. If that information is the same information the police are withholding, do you sue them for withholding it if one of the victims is your family member?

Well, was it? was it GTA , being played excessively or/and obsessively? I mean, the research should have been done by now, surely? GTA 's been around for a decade or more.

How would you know it was prevented? . you wouldn't.

This idea that somethings / everything can be prevented is a sort of Cornucopian Idea, a sort of Utopian fixation where everything broken is fixed, by someone, god alone knows who, but someone goes round 'fixing stuff '

It just doesn't happen that way.

It is perfectly reasonable to me that K and B should have been under intense surveillance from the age of 7, no if's , no but's, because that is the general age their propensities would have firmed up, ditto all the other shooters and random killers, all over the place. Lock 'em up at the age of 7 and don't release them until they are 97, and there it is. Fixed.
It's hypothetical, but a reality based example of where withholding information is just as dangerous as releasing it.

Locking people up because of what you think they might do isn't a solution.

Hypothetically just doesn't cut it. .. Miss Deese , Mr Fowler, and Prof Dyck are not hypothetically dead, they are actually dead.
Correct. Thank you for arguing my point for me. Perhaps if K and B's parents were better educated about possible warning signs, they might have prevented it.

On the other hand, what if that isn't one of the signs ? it is certainly offensive and dumb because Hitler was a documented loser, who finally realized that himself and offed himself, so K and B knew the ending there, and followed it to the letter, fine by me, but what if it's a whole other sign ?

What if the sign is , oh something like, .. .. telling a young female school colleague that she might get her head removed from her body.. just for the thrill of it. Doesn't that lift at least Bryer out of the dull ness of the dreariest of Hitler followers? .

Although, I am now reminded that Hitler did indeed restore the guillotine to the streets of Berlin, as a terrifying factor in the case of those who protested against him, in fact, that's how Sophie Scholl, one of the youngest and earliest protesters met her end. Beheaded. And her young brother, also.

Last edited:
It's hypothetical, but a reality based example of where withholding information is just as dangerous as releasing it.

Locking people up because of what you think they might do isn't a solution.
Why isn't it a solution. ?

Correct. Thank you for arguing my point for me. Perhaps if K and B's parents were better educated about possible warning signs, they might have prevented it.
well. how , precisely. And who does the educating of parents. Who, precisely , has discovered the reason why these young men do this? you obviously know who has discovered it, and exactly what they have discovered yet are strangely reluctant to share that info. I wont tell anyone, I promise.

Don't worry about me 'arguing your point for you', that's a distraction, let's keep to the point you are proposing here, with as much clarity as can be mustered.

How would parents know that they need this esoteric education? What is the 'sign' a parent needs to be alarmed by which then propels them to educate themselves? .. This education which, according to DarkSkink , is available and peer reviewed and ready to be hot off the presses.

And how come I have never heard of this preventative? . I am not living in a cave. I have access to information. But I've never heard of anyone who has figured out ( a) the first warning sign, or even the 10th, and (b) where to obtain the education necessary to prevent these random acts of psychopathic societal carnage.

How come this information didn't sift up to Vancouver Island? it's not as if that's the end of the world , educationally speaking.. au contraire, Canadian psychological and criminal education is top ranked stuff.

On the other hand, what if that isn't one of the signs ? it is certainly offensive and dumb because Hitler was a documented loser, who finally realized that himself and offed himself, so K and B knew the ending there, and followed it to the letter, fine by me, but what if it's a whole other sign ?

What if the sign is , oh something like, .. .. telling a young female school colleague that she might get her head removed from her body.. just for the thrill of it. Doesn't that lift at least Bryer out of the dull ness of the dreariest of Hitler followers? .

Although, I am now reminded that Hitler did indeed restore the guillotine to the streets of Berlin, as a terrifying factor in the case of those who protested against him, in fact, that's how Sophie Scholl, one of the youngest and earliest protesters met her end. Beheaded. And her young brother, also.
Once again proving my point. Parents need to be made aware of possible red flags, and what to do about them.

At the end of the day, this is Websleuth. It is OK to want to know more details/facts just because we are curious/ want to discuss the case in more depth or understand more (whatever each of us want to understand). There doesn't need to be a why. It's a discussion forum about crimes.

Maybe there will be more info coming out, maybe there won't. It's up to RCMP and it's perfectly fine like that. But we can still wish we knew more. Or be happy with what we have. It's all good guys.

well. how , precisely. And who does the educating of parents. Who, precisely , has discovered the reason why these young men do this? you obviously know who has discovered it, and exactly what they have discovered yet are strangely reluctant to share that info. I wont tell anyone, I promise.
Information and education is disseminated in many ways. Information that is investigated and validated become hard facts and can be taught. Spanking and physical abuse that once was an accepted practise is no longer acceptable. How did that happen? The effects were studied and talked about, not withheld.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butterfliesfly777