CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and I think that’s where one or both of these “confirmed sightings” may have come from.

Someone gave them a ride, then contacted law enforcement when they realized who they gave a ride to.

If they were given rides and didn't murder the drivers, that would imply these two have an agenda aside from just killing. Either they're heading somewhere or there's something else equally as important they want to accomplish.

Canada murders: police look to remote Manitoba town in hunt for teen suspects

Map of their probable locations since July 12
DA8AD54C-90DA-4A31-AFDE-228AE6591C0D.png

Using dogs, high-tech equipment and multiple police forces, the RCMP are continuing to look at a “large area” around the town, she said.

“This is very challenging terrain ... there’s lots of dense bush, forests, swampy area,” Courchaine said. Such an inhospitable landscape takes time to search – but also time to traverse, if that’s what Schmegelsky and McLeod are doing.

“Manitoba RCMP has deployed a significant amount of resources to the Gilliam area,” Courchaine said Thursday, “including our emergency response team, crisis negotiation team, and air services assets.”

She declined to give an update in the murder investigation, referring reporters at the press conference to the British Columbia RCMP

If they were given rides and didn't murder the drivers, that would imply these two have an agenda aside from just killing. Either they're heading somewhere or there's something else equally as important they want to accomplish.

or maybe they ran out of bullets and that's the only way they can bring themselves to kill

Wow! So is this place no longer in operation? Is the building completely empty. This shows it opening in 2015, what happened to make it close? How long has it been empty? It is 90km from Gillam, how long would that take on foot through the bush?
I'm baffled by this as well.
i can't confirm this but i ran this through some filter in ps
but it looks like they ran a tool over the shirt and possible some of his face along some sort of black tool to mess with the shirt along with the crappy camera its removed details from his shirt and face
i wonder if they already knew this was them
k32kyb.png
In my opinion, the person in this photo does not look 18 or 19. He looks to be about 25-30

If these guys formed this plan in Port Alberni, I don’t understand why they didn’t just start killing people on Vancouver Island. They could have used the 2002 Washington DC case, about which much has been written, as a model. With no motive, and a decent gun, they would have had a good chance of getting away with it, at least for a time.

Too close to home for some reason? OK, the Vancouver area. Why go way up little traveled roads that make it more difficult, draining resources for one thing, and make it much harder to escape?

Or did this idea get hatched out of the blue on a legitimate job hunting trip? Does that make sense given that Bryer gave his father Alberta, not the Yukon, as his destination?

There’s a lot missing to this puzzle.
I don't think there was ever a plan. I think they quit their wal-mart jobs and got a half-formulated notion to go on a road trip and look for work "up north" or in Alberta. I live in the next community over from Port Alberni in Coombs and there are a lot of kids that age around here that get the same idea. I think they made there way up there and got disillusioned as the reality of it started setting in. I think coming back down they ran into the broken down van and possibly saw the couple sitting outside waiting for their engine to cool down and unflood. Everyone is close to the same age and it could have been a situation where they had a beer, smoked some weed, socialized and then all moved into the van and things went terribly, terribly south. The back window being blown out from the inside means there had to be a horrific struggle inside. From there on it was crazy surreal panic mode (again all of this is just conjecture on my part). The killing of that poor soul with the rav4 was a crime of opportunity. Poor guy -wrong place at the wrong time. From there on i believe the burning of the vehicles was a combo of sheer adrenaline, recklessness and excitement. I think at this point the cross canada trip just becomes an avenue of pointing themselves in a direction and going for broke. They know its all over for them. These guys literally had to drive past our farm off of highway 4 in port alberni to get to the ferry. I realize its just me interjecting my own fears into this terrible story but there is that little part of your brain that goes - what if they did start this killing spree close to home on vancouver island. I have sociable friendly kids live at home that are around LF and CD"s age. This is just a horrifying tragedy

I wonder why if they wanted to "hide out" they didn't just stay in the bush in northern B.C instead of setting fire to their vehicle, drawing attention and risking being seen fueling up across 3 provinces. It makes you think they probably had a destination in mind

Dave MacDonald of the Canadian International School of Survival speaking to CBC News Network, says it could take days to months to find the two in the woods.

I hope not, because at some point the search will cost too much and be called off.

Local experts were quoted in several links. They don't think these two could survive long outdoors in that area. But they could be indoors in some camp or cabin or hydro building.

Or ... they could have left the Gillam area by train or with someone they know, soon after burning the RAV4. RCMP only confirms prior sightings and no other vehicle missing.

He's not a Nazi, dad says:
"Alan Schmegelsky said Thursday that his son took him to an army surplus store about eight months ago in his small Vancouver Island hometown of Port Alberni, where the teen was excited about the Nazi artifacts.

“I was disgusted and dragged him out,” Schmegelsky said. “My grandparents fled the Ukraine with three small children during the Second World War.”

The teens are charged with second-degree murder in the death of one man and are suspects in the fatal shootings of a young couple. On Thursday, the manhunt was focused on the thick and boggy forests of northeastern Manitoba.

Despite his son’s fascination with the collectibles, Schmegelsky said he didn’t believe his son identified as a neo-Nazi.

“He thought he was Russian. Germans are their enemies,” he said.

The father, who is estranged from the teen’s mother, explained that he didn’t see his son between the ages of eight and 16, and during that time the boy came under the mistaken belief that he had Russian heritage.

He enjoys watching Russian rap videos, where the artists “wear Adidas and drink vodka,” Schmegelsky said, adding his son is a supporter of Russian President Vladimir Putin and United States President Donald Trump.

“I argued with him about that, in a friendly manner,” the father said. “He liked strong speakers.”

Schmegelsky said it was possible his son went back to the store later to buy the memorabilia, but it’s also possible he took a photo in the store or it’s staged.

The army surplus store, called Harreson’s Military Store, has since closed and the former owner didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

Alfred Bergkvist, owner of “A” Company Military Surplus in nearby Coombs, said he purchased all of Harreson’s merchandise, including some Nazi material, when it closed.

Bergkvist said he didn’t recognize the red Nazi armband in the photograph but his store also stocked Hitler Youth knives identical to the one in the picture.

He recalled that two boys came into his store about three weeks ago and bought one of the replica knives that are inscribed with the German words for “blood and honour.”

“They were really excited about it,” he said, adding he didn’t know whether the pair were Schmegelsky and McLeod and he doesn’t have security cameras.

Schmegelsky allegedly sent the photos to a user of the video-game network Steam. The two suspects most recently logged onto their accounts 13 days ago, about the time they told family they were leaving Port Alberni in search of work."
rest of article: B.C. murder suspect not a neo-Nazi, dad says

He's 18. He's a kid. He was probably like "Awesome...".
The fact he thinks Gopnik Rap is cool and liked some relics at a shop does not a neo-nazi make.

His father needs to shut up and stop seeking attention from the idiotic Canadian media.
No one should take this idiot's words seriously. He'll say anything as long as the media pays him attention.

This is kind of ironic. Canadian Ukrainians who left during or after the war hated the Soviet Union with a passion. They were major players in the Free Ukraine movement. Growing up, this kid couldn’t have had any sense of his heritage to be pro-Russian/pro-Putin. I guess, as his father says, he got it into his head that he was Russian rather than Ukrainian :)

Modern Nazi youth love Russia AND Hitler AND Nordic legends like Odin. Hitler worked with Turks and Arabs, but modern Nazi youth hate all Muslims. It is complex, and driven by social media.

Just trying to get in their heads.You kill a couple at night on a deserted highway, as well as another man,in order to switch vehicles.Why burn your vehicle?You have no witnesses , all your gear is in your camper.Why switch vehicles at all?Just carry on and blend in the next day with all the other traffic ,in another location.No one would suspect them or have any reason to be looking for them.To take the RAV4 was not necessary and will lead to them being caught sooner.Do I make any sense?
I think they possibly switched vehicles and destroyed their camper/truck because LE and other alerts were out for them as missing at that time. They knew they were "a whole lot more than just missing.".....moo

Locals/Canadians/etc, what is the possibility that they’ve invaded a remote house and have the inhabitant(s) held? I know there’s Gillam and then the reserve further north where the rav4 was found, but is there much in the way of single houses?

I don't think there was ever a plan. I think they quit their wal-mart jobs and got a half-formulated notion to go on a road trip and look for work "up north" or in Alberta. I live in the next community over from Port Alberni in Coombs and there are a lot of kids that age around here that get the same idea. I think they made there way up there and got disillusioned as the reality of it started setting in. I think coming back down they ran into the broken down van and possibly saw the couple sitting outside waiting for their engine to cool down and unflood. Everyone is close to the same age and it could have been a situation where they had a beer, smoked some weed, socialized and then all moved into the van and things went terribly, terribly south. The back window being blown out from the inside means there had to be a horrific struggle inside. From there on it was crazy surreal panic mode (again all of this is just conjecture on my part). The killing of that poor soul with the rav4 was a crime of opportunity. Poor guy -wrong place at the wrong time. From there on i believe the burning of the vehicles was a combo of sheer adrenaline, recklessness and excitement. I think at this point the cross canada trip just becomes an avenue of pointing themselves in a direction and going for broke. They know its all over for them. These guys literally had to drive past our farm off of highway 4 in port alberni to get to the ferry. I realize its just me interjecting my own fears into this terrible story but there is that little part of your brain that goes - what if they did start this killing spree close to home on vancouver island. I have sociable friendly kids live at home that are around LF and CD"s age. This is just a horrifying tragedy

Thanks very much for the insight. I have a question about the gun or guns. It’s possible that one or both of them had a license, although in Bryer’s case if he had one he managed to get it without his father knowing. It’s also possible, at least in McLeod’s case, that he got/took a gun from a relative.

But here’s my question, if you or your kids have a feel for the answer. How easy or hard is it for kids like this in that area to purchase a stolen gun and ammunition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan