Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Owner defends 'gore' site connected to Luka Magnotta

The owner of a graphic website that showcases grisly videos says that his site should be praised for helping identify Luka Rocco Magnotta, who is alleged to be in a video believed to depict the stabbing and dismemberment of a man.

In an email exchange with CBC News, Edmonton-based Mark Marek, owner of Best Gore website, said members of his site were able to identify Magnotta days before the discovery of the torso in Montreal and a foot at the Conservative Party of Canada headquarters in Ottawa.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/05/31/owner-website-suspect.html?cmp=rss

I will just say, that "if" he is up and taunting, I am absolutely certain the police/Interpol is very aware of it. Problem is many try and copycat, trolls, but you are right it is his M.O. to taunt then delete account and come back again with a new account. Also he is hard to track as he uses IP addresses that are traceable to other countries. He borrows them. Hard to explain, but he does not ever have the same IP and it never leads back to the same country. IMHO

Edmonton webmaster posts video linked to slaying

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2012/05/30/19819606-qmi.html

Shouldn't this guy's site be shut down???? WTF?

I dont think he did anything wrong, gore sites are not illegal and most of them just have crime scene photos and things like that. I am not sure he should be shut down in fact his posting that video is likely what led to this *advertiser censored* being exposed.

I dont particularly like those sites myself but many people do for various reasons and some of them are even used in criminal justice classes to study crime scene pictures and stuff like that.

I dont think he did anything wrong, gore sites are not illegal and most of them just have crime scene photos and things like that. I am not sure he should be shut down in fact his posting that video is likely what led to this *advertiser censored* being exposed.

I dont particularly like those sites myself but many people do for various reasons and some of them are even used in criminal justice classes to study crime scene pictures and stuff like that.

Not the thread to debate the issue but perhaps this is the reason we have a f'd up world!!

Let the criminal justice classes figure out other ways to learn stuff not from some gore site off the web that's being accessed by thousands of people depicting disgusting videos of torture, dismemberment, murder and whatever else is on there.

Thank you!

Thursday afternoon, a warrant for Magnotta’s arrest was issued at the Montreal courthouse. It accuses him of second-degree murder by causing the death “of an unknown person,” a Criminal Code charge that carries a life sentence upon conviction.

It is unusual for indictments to not identify the victims of a homicide, but in this case it appears Montreal police have an idea who the victim was but have yet to officially identify the remains. The victim’s family lives outside of Canada and investigators reportedly are having difficulty locating them.

In the warrant, Magnotta also is charged with committing an “indignity to the body of the human remains (of) an unknown person.”

I thought there was a missing person report? How could they not know who the victim is? :waitasec:

Thank you!

I thought there was a missing person report? How could they not know who the victim is? :waitasec:

Maybe the victim is from another country so he hasn't been reported missing.

Maybe the victim is from another country so he hasn't been reported missing.

I will try to find which link (there have been so many) but I'm pretty sure they know who it is. It's an ex that has been missing about a week. One news article stated a friend confirmed it. A video I just watched said that family is all out of the country. I think they are withholding the name.

ETA: Here's the video.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/videos/1665681760001

ETA, take two: Here's an article stating the possibility of the ex. I'm still looking for the one that quotes a friend.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/05/31/note-with-severed-foot-threatened-more-killings-report

The Toronto house is on Munro St in Toronto. I won't post the number.

Not the thread to debate the issue but perhaps this is the reason we have a f'd up world!!

Let the criminal justice classes figure out other ways to learn stuff not from some gore site off the web that's being accessed by thousands of people depicting disgusting videos of torture, dismemberment, murder and whatever else is on there.

I wont argue with that but its not my position to make those decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amarie969