Deceased/Not Found Canada - Lyle, 78, & Marie McCann, 77, Alberta, 5 July 2010 #2 *T. Vader guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
lauriej said (sorry this is a quote dunno how to do it).i was camping in that area last weekend. i did see numerous posters all over. in addition to the dense bush , the highway along the mountains has the mountain on one side, and nothing but a guard rail on the other side. just a sheer long long way down on the other.if i was a criminal i would throw something / somebody down over there.
..the elevation in the edson/jasper area is 3000-4000 ft. depending where you are.

I can't see (i'm so sorry to say) the Mccanns near the RV burn site. Because they burnt it to destroy evidence. But an RV is clumsy also very noticable and hard to manouver, so it would need to be a quick dump, a ravine seems logical.
I live country but raised inner inner city, so if i see tracks tire or foot, well i just gotta know. I found the stolen car dump ground, the cops never have, I do walkabouts, cops do drive bys. And no i would never tell them cause they sure woulnd'nt thank me.
The McCann family have made a very wise move, they will (i hope) find their family.
It is wise of them to get personal with the comunity, my heart breaks for them.

lauriej said (sorry this is a quote dunno how to do it).i was camping in that area last weekend. i did see numerous posters all over. in addition to the dense bush , the highway along the mountains has the mountain on one side, and nothing but a guard rail on the other side. just a sheer long long way down on the other.if i was a criminal i would throw something / somebody down over there.
..the elevation in the edson/jasper area is 3000-4000 ft. depending where you are.

I can't see (i'm so sorry to say) the Mccanns near the RV burn site. Because they burnt it to destroy evidence. But an RV is clumsy also very noticable and hard to manouver, so it would need to be a quick dump, a ravine seems logical.
I live country but raised inner inner city, so if i see tracks tire or foot, well i just gotta know. I found the stolen car dump ground, the cops never have, I do walkabouts, cops do drive bys. And no i would never tell them cause they sure woulnd'nt thank me.The McCann family have made a very wise move, they will (i hope) find their family.
It is wise of them to get personal with the comunity, my heart breaks for them.

Im confused, you would never tell the cops what?????

There is little point in informing the police of dumped auto's or abandoned camps on logging roads out here because they are not interested. They don't take the information or check them out. Just like the Mccanns burnt RV, it was looked upon as nothing of interest to start with. If the RV had'nt burn't and just been abandoned who knows if police would ever of checked on it.
I hope and think the Mccann family is making a wise choice in going to the locals in the community. I really do wish them closure.
I live 20 minutes from Vancouver, so stuff stolen or people on the run from Van end up camping or dumping stuff on our back roads.
I don't disrepect the police, its just they don't seem to be interested in travelling the logging roads. Which in turn makes it an easy dumping ground.

McCann family alerts Alberta hunters
1,000 flyers to be distributed in Edson area
By Ben Gelinas, edmontonjournal.com August 13, 2010 ...

EDMONTON — As hunting season looms, the family of Lyle and Marie McCann are asking hunters heading into the Edson-area bush to watch for signs of the missing St. Albert couple.

The McCanns have printed 1,000 special flyers with a detailed description of the clothing worn by the couple when they were last seen, heading west July 3 on Highway 16 ...

full article:
http://www.theprovince.com/news/McCann+family+alerts+Alberta+hunters/3396575/story.html

MissingPersonsAlert.orgAttention :
I am putting out a personal request through our network to
Help The McCann Family.
Do you have any contacts or friendships with any (celebrity entertainers )
or (highly visible public figure ) that can help in any of our awareness campaigns ?
Just a video clip assisting in getting the word out with
a public request for help ?
If so have them reach me at al@missingpersonsalert.org
Your help is needed.

This was posted on on Wednesday

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missi...es/MissingPersonsAlertorg/320697157898?v=wall

Alberta hunters urged to take up McCann search

The owner of an outdoor supply store is asking hunters to take up the search for an Alberta couple who have been missing for six weeks.

Alton Hunter, who owns Ron's Outdoor Source for Sports in Edson, Alta., is handing out a flyer along with the hunting licences he sells that provides a detailed description of Lyle and Marie McCann, the St. Albert couple who disappeared six weeks ago while driving to British Columbia.

Hunter's store is not far from the area where the McCanns' burned-out motorhome was found and person of interest Travis Vader was arrested on unrelated charges.

Hunter says the upcoming hunting season provides a good opportunity to cover large, remote areas.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/story/2010/08/14/calgary-hunters-seek-mcanns.html#ixzz0wjym8Y00

McCann family going public for donations

The family of a missing St. Albert couple is asking the public for cash donations to compile a reward for anyone with information on the missing grandparents.

“Someone out there, somewhere, has information related to my parents,” said son Bret McCann.

Bret hopes the cash award will be incentive for people to begin reporting any information on the disappearance of his parents Lyle and Marie McCann were last seen July 3 before embarking on a road trip to B.C.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/edmonton/2010/08/15/15032491.html

Lyle & Marie McCann Fund

http://missingpersonsalert.yolasite.com/lyle-and-marie-mccann-search-fund.php

Last Updated: August 16, 2010 5:08am
EDMONTON —
The McCanns’ disappearance hit too close to home for another Edmonton-area man and his family. Wayne Roelfsema says there are eery similarities between this case and the disappearance of his mom, Jean Roelfsema, nearly three years ago.

She vanished when driving from Edmonton to her home in Summerland, B.C.

Her body was found nearly a year later. “It’s sort of like deja vu,” said Wayne, 50.
“It gives me a really creepy feeling,” said Jean’s daughter Margaret Mueller, 54.

Jean, 71, was travelling a similar route in October 2007 after visiting her family in Edmonton. She stopped in the Edson area to use her Visa card — and that was the last time she was seen alive.

Jean’s family spent the next two years frequently driving that stretch of Highway 16 — searching embankments for any sign of her.

In August 2008, a farmer found Jean’s body washed up on the shore line around the North Thompson River in B.C. An autopsy never confirmed a cause of death. however, drowning was ruled out, Wayne said.

The 1999 grey Dodge Caravan Jean was driving has never been found.
Carrot Creek was a place Jean liked and often visited, said Wayne.

“There are connections here,” he said, adding the family still wants to get to the bottom of what happened.

“We do one day at a time.”

RCMP could not be reached for comment on Sunday.

Bret McCann, son of Lyle and Marie, the missing St. Albert couple, said he was aware of Jean’s disappearance, but hadn’t otherwise heard of any connections between the cases.

“Anything is possible,” McCann said. “But who knows for sure?”
RS&BBM

Full article: http://www.ottawasun.com/news/canada/2010/08/16/15035396.html

Vader in Edson court on Tuesday
3:57am
Edmonton / iNews880.com
8/18/2010

A person of interest in the case of a missing Edmonton area couple appeared in Edson court on unrelated charges.

Travis Vader says he has hired a new lawyer, John Sinclair, and is to appear in court again on September 2nd. Vader appeared in court Tuesday afternoon via close circuit television.

Lyle and Marie McCann have not been seen in more than six weeks. (The Canadian Press, CFXE, rp, ccg)

http://www.inews880.com/Channels/Reg/LocalNews/story.aspx?ID=1266308

This may sound dishonest (;);)) and probably somehow constitutes fraud, but if it was my evil twin's family member, I think my evil twin might lie through their evil teeth and say the reward was $100,000.

Money talks with scumbags.

Reward grows in McCann mystery

Two days after the family of Lyle and Marie McCann announced that they were raising funds to offer a special reward for information in the case of the missing couple, donations are pouring in for the fund.

On Monday the couple's son, Bret McCann announced that an anonymous donor had stepped forward and pledged $10,000 to the fund. Since then the reward has grown by tens of thousands of dollars.

On Wednesday Bret McCann said the family has received another $10,000 pledge towards the reward from a donar in Saskatchewan.

The Apache Corporation has also pledged $10,000 towards the fund, and agreed to match any donations made by staff.

Smaller donations are also streaming in from the public. Bret McCann says he receives an email almost every hour informing him that someone has donated online to the cause.

http://www.globaltvedmonton.com/Reward+grows+McCann+mystery/3414644/story.html

As of Wednesday, Bret McCann said the pot was hovering around $30,000. He went on to say that the generosity of those contributing to the fund goes beyond Alberta's borders.

"(Tuesday), I got a call from somebody in Saskatchewan," said McCann, Wednesday afternoon. "I didn't get her name, but she was asking me how to donate and I explained to her to go to TD-Canada Trust. Then, she said there will be $10,000 coming from my husband's legal firm there."

http://www.inews880.com/Channels/Reg/LocalNews/story.aspx?ID=1266677

I hope we will not begin hearing reports that this had anything to do with the McCanns' disappearance ...
<snip>

You seem to be the first person on the planet to have touched on it, Summer. LOL

SB :)

Family of missing elderly Alta. couple 'optimistic'
Last Updated: August 29, 2010 8:18pm
EDMONTON -- It has been almost two months since an elderly St. Albert, Alta., couple went missing and family members are anxious for information.

"It's difficult but we are staying optimistic," said Bret McCann, son of the missing couple. "We are all very anxious."
Travis Vader has been deemed a person of interest in the case, but has not been charged.

Around $45,000 in donations have poured into the reward pot-- the cash will be used for a reward for anyone with information and McCann said he hopes to continue collecting donations.

"We want to have a big reward so that someone will loosen their lips," he said.

Police dedication has been "very reassuring" for the family.

In a meeting with police and RCMP K-Division officers last week, McCann was informed around 18 to 20 officers are working full time on the case.

Read more: http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2010/08/29/15180866.html

For the first time, RCMP are labelling Travis Vader a suspect in the missing persons case involving Lyle and Marie McCann of St. Albert.
Up to now, Vader, 37, had only been considered a "person of interest." However, the Mounties now say Vader is suspected of committing a crime, and that the disappearance of the McCann was the result of foul play. At this time, police won't talk about any details of the suspected foul play.
The McCanns were last seen July 3rd, filling up with gas at a station in St. Albert. They were bound for B.C. in their motorhome with an SUV in tow. The RV was found burned out in a campground near Edson. The SUV was found near Niton Junction, which is Vader's home area. He was arrested on unrelated charges a few weeks later.(jrw/bp)

http://www.inews880.com/Channels/Reg/LocalNews/story.aspx?ID=1272253

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc
Back