GUILTY Canada - Makayla Chang, 16, Nanaimo, BC, 19 March 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RCMP seem to release less and less information in most cases these days. They claim it's for privacy concerns...but it also tends to fuel speculation in the community.
In this case they might be playing their cards close to their chest...knowing that only certain people would know the location.

I don't think it was somewhere well known or everyone would have seen an obvious police and forensic team presence.
Maybe she was found in the water...and there was no crime scene to process.
I'm sure her family and friends know more then we do.

RIP Kayla.

From my understanding she was found in the water, I am local to the island in a town a few hours away...very frustrated by the lack of information on the case...hoping it's because they have a lead and don't want to ruin anything.

'There’s a killer amongst us': Slain teen’s father says RCMP holding back information
Published Tuesday, July 25, 2017 5:25PM PDT

The father of slain Nanaimo teen Makayla Chang is demanding answers about his daughter’s death two months after her body was found in an apparent homicide.
Now, her father Kerry Chang says Mounties won’t tell him much, including where his daughter’s body was found, how she was killed or who did it.

“This should be very, very concerning to the community. I’m sure it is,” Kerry said. “This is where I didn’t feel comfortable when the RCMP said that the public is not at risk…My strongest belief is there’s a killer amongst us somewhere.”
“They’re still not going to reveal any of that information,” said Kerry, who met with investigators Tuesday. “A lot of stuff’s being held back by them. As far as which direction this is going, I’m not really sure.”

Full article: http://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/t...-says-rcmp-holding-back-information-1.3518943

Justice for Makayla! Please don't let this beautiful girl and her family go through anymore heartache.

Any updates? I think of Makayla often. May her killer be brought to justice.

Poor little girl. Tragic case. Expected but still horrifying.
I will await a murder charge.

Thanks gitana.
I find it very disappointing that some of these 'poor souls' get very little publicity.
We are all equal.

I just found this, posted on July 28, 2017:

Demolition of home from Makayla Chang investigation begins.
Setting foot on the soon to be levelled property, where his murdered 16-year-old daughter was last seen alive, gives Kerry chills.

"Yeah It's haunting," said Kerry. "This is the last place where she was really known to be so. From here this is really where this whole story begins."

However, not even Makayla's family knows where her body was found in May. Chang says RCMP are still giving them no answers.
On July 31, the house will be torn down to pave way for a mall. Others are welcoming the change as it now stands as a daily sad reminder of Makayla in the neighbourhood. Kerry wants to see it go too but hopes his daughter's story isn't forgotten with it since so many questions about what happened to her are still unanswered.

https://www.cheknews.ca/demolition-of-home-from-makayla-chang-investigation-begins-351309/

So sad. :( Waiting for justice for Makayla... :desert:

Outside of something like North Korea, Canada has probably one of the most secretive Governments, I know of. The Canadian Federal Government, as well as the local and provincial governments just seem to release whatever information they feel like and Canadian citizens just seem to accept that as good enough.

I understand investigators withholding some details of a case, for investigative reasons, but not even releasing basic information like where a body was found? Who knows what is going on with this case. For all we know they might have already arrested someone, or they might not even be working on the case. Either way they are not going to tell anybody.

Outside of something like North Korea, Canada has probably one of the most secretive Governments, I know of. The Canadian Federal Government, as well as the local and provincial governments just seem to release whatever information they feel like and Canadian citizens just seem to accept that as good enough.

I understand investigators withholding some details of a case, for investigative reasons, but not even releasing basic information like where a body was found? Who knows what is going on with this case. For all we know they might have already arrested someone, or they might not even be working on the case. Either way they are not going to tell anybody.

Yeah, totally agree. They used to say they were holding back information that only a suspect would know, but it gets worse everyday.
They've recently started to not even release the victim's name in some jurisdictions. Claim it's for privacy reasons.

Saw a plane crash report a couple days ago where they wouldn't even release the survivor's condition...just that he survived.

They held a memorial service at a waterfront dock...so that should be a pretty good clue about where she was found...

Yeah, totally agree. They used to say they were holding back information that only a suspect would know, but it gets worse everyday.
They've recently started to not even release the victim's name in some jurisdictions. Claim it's for privacy reasons.

Saw a plane crash report a couple days ago where they wouldn't even release the survivor's condition...just that he survived.

They held a memorial service at a waterfront dock...so that should be a pretty good clue about where she was found...

Yeah, I love Canada, but honestly freedom of the press in Canada, seems incredibly weak. It's almost impossible to follow any crime stories in Canada.

The family does not know where she was found the waterfront is a community park where she used to hang out a lot it is something like a Central Park in a large city... so no they didn't find her there as far as I know. The family doesn't even know and no information was ever released. There are whispers out there though. I live in Nanaimo.

The family does not know where she was found the waterfront is a community park where she used to hang out a lot it is something like a Central Park in a large city... so no they didn't find her there as far as I know. The family doesn't even know and no information was ever released. There are whispers out there though. I live in Nanaimo.

Care to elaborate Davo? Obviously don't post anything against TOS, but if you could point us in the right direction...

What happened to Makayla Chang? Family pleads for information on her death

"
We're approaching the two-year mark now, which seems to be a significant amount of time. My biggest fear is this will end up being a cold case," said Kerry Chang, Makayla's father.

Makayla vanished from downtown Nanaimo in March 2017, prompting an extensive search.

Her body was discovered about two months later, but where she was found and how she died is still a mystery.

"Until the police release information or some type of report, we just don't really know. It's been a struggle, it really has. Not knowing where she was found, how she died, it is very bothersome," he said."

Finally a bit of news. RCMP is trying to locate Steven Michael Bacon considered to be a person of interest in Makayla's death.

https://www.comoxvalleyrecord.com/n...lfjrA89mF6kwNKwewj8rcQ3e_Si72ypUjEaOQztEaKicM
Makayla Chang went missing on March 22, 2017. When I heard about her disappearance, I recalled that I was talking to an officer about the London Westminster terror attack, which was on same day but several hours earlier.

Curiously, that same officer told me about her body being found, during a meeting after the May 22, 2017 Ariana Grande concert terror attack.

Now the person of interest from April 2017 is missing.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...terest-death-teenager-makayla-chang-1.5244193
steven-michael-bacon.jpg

Aug 13 2019 rbbm.
https://www.langleyadvancetimes.com...t-in-case-of-b-c-teen-murdered-two-years-ago/
"Nanaimo or remains on Vancouver Island, we have been unable to locate him and are now asking the entire country to help us, as we believe he has important information.”

Police have released photos and a description of Bacon in order to assist in locating him and to advance the investigation. Steven Michael Bacon is Caucasian, 59, 5-foot-10 and 200 pounds with grey hair and/or facial hair. Bacon has a distinctive tear drop tattoo under his left eye, a Bugs Bunny tattoo on his upper right arm and an unidentified tattoo on the back of his right hand.

Bacon may also be using alternative names such as Michael Dufour, Michael Vincent Defoure, Steven Michael/Mike Vincent, or Mike Jannis and is known to use public transit."

Well they tracked down POI Steven Bacon, arrested him on an unrelated charge but good step towards getting this solved: “We can confirm that Steven Bacon has been arrested on a charge that is not related in any way to the Makayla Chang investigation. We cannot speak to the charge, when he was arrested or where he is being incarcerated. Lastly, the Makayla Chang investigation remains active,” Const. Gary O’Brien, media relations officer for Nanaimo RCMP, said in a statement on Friday.

Person of interest Makayla Chang murder arrested on unrelated matter

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LRak10
Back