CANADA Canada - Malpeque Bay, PEI, Male, 21-35, unusual facial features, Jun'97

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He's actually Gordon Lopez. George Lopez is an American comedian...

I think Lopez is also a good potential match. It seems that his disappearance may have been a walk away - he left his mother a note but not a suicide note...has taken jobs in Alaska - may have very well ended up in Canada if he wanted to start a new life for himself. Someone should submit him if they haven't already.

The information can be submitted through the PEI crimestoppers website. http://www.peicrimestoppers.com/missingpersons.php

I don't think I'll be able to get to it until after Christmas as I have a couple of other submissions ahead in the queue, so if somebody else has time to submit Gordon Lopez, go ahead. I'll post here if I do submit.

Left a message with the RCMP in PEI regarding Gordon Lopez as a potential match. Will post if I hear anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left a message with the RCMP in PEI regarding Gordon Lopez as a potential match. Will post if I hear anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks so very much, greatly appreciated!!!

Just spoke with the officer in PEI... they are going to call and get Mr. Lopez' dental records to compare to their John Doe. He did say that he had spoken with the forensic anthropologist that handled the reconstruction and based on the pictures available of Mr. Lopez, he does not believe it is him. He is going to confirm with dental records and promised to let me know whether it was a positive match or not.

He was very willing to give me additional information on the case and the area so I got a good bit of insight about where this gentleman may be from. He said the area has a good volume of international trade vessels coming in and out regularly. The forensic anthropologist also indicated that some of his dental work -could- be of Eastern European origin, though he can't definitively say. Based on this information and the fact the detective said it is unlikely that he was carried into this inlet by currents, I'm really starting to think he was in the area on some sort of vessel, whether it be trade or pleasure, and either went overboard or drowned close to shore. I am more inclined to think he went overboard, as I can't imagine someone going into the water fully clothed as he was for an afternoon swim! What resources are there for missing people from Europe? I wonder if there are records of ships that came in to that harbor during the weeks and months prior to him being found. When he calls me to let me know about Mr. Lopez, I may ask him if such records exist.

Have we been able to determine where his clothing most likely came from? If he was wearing American or Canadian-made clothing, I would tend to lean towards him being a tourist, rather than on a working vessel.

Let me know what you all think!

My first thought when I saw the boots was that they were biker boots. Every guy I know that rides a motorcycle wears the same mid-calf, zippered leather boots. Then I started looking for information on the jeans and while I can't find men's Broadway jeans, I am seeing a lot of women's Broadway jeans that are for meant for bikers. Throw in the big belt buckle and you've got a guy dressed for a ride on his Harley! Don't know if this will help us any, but that's just MOO.

Just spoke with the officer in PEI... they are going to call and get Mr. Lopez' dental records to compare to their John Doe. He did say that he had spoken with the forensic anthropologist that handled the reconstruction and based on the pictures available of Mr. Lopez, he does not believe it is him. He is going to confirm with dental records and promised to let me know whether it was a positive match or not.

He was very willing to give me additional information on the case and the area so I got a good bit of insight about where this gentleman may be from. He said the area has a good volume of international trade vessels coming in and out regularly. The forensic anthropologist also indicated that some of his dental work -could- be of Eastern European origin, though he can't definitively say. Based on this information and the fact the detective said it is unlikely that he was carried into this inlet by currents, I'm really starting to think he was in the area on some sort of vessel, whether it be trade or pleasure, and either went overboard or drowned close to shore. I am more inclined to think he went overboard, as I can't imagine someone going into the water fully clothed as he was for an afternoon swim! What resources are there for missing people from Europe? I wonder if there are records of ships that came in to that harbor during the weeks and months prior to him being found. When he calls me to let me know about Mr. Lopez, I may ask him if such records exist.

Have we been able to determine where his clothing most likely came from? If he was wearing American or Canadian-made clothing, I would tend to lean towards him being a tourist, rather than on a working vessel.

Let me know what you all think!

Thanks again for your efforts!
Now to start looking for missing European persons.
Wonder if he was a tourist, or new Canadian" paying a visit" on a boat?

This site has resources for missing people internationally. I think we can rule out any country that doesn't use the English alphabet (Russia, etc), as the initials were English letters. I'll start going through these databases when I get a chance.

http://meyahna.tripod.com/pg10.html#EUR

The bust also does not appear to be someone who weighed 200 lbs, as was estimated. Hubby is just shy of 6' (UID listed as 5'11") and weighs 190 and is quite lean, especially in the face. I feel like they packed a lot of unnecessary weight on this guy's face in the recreation. Wonder what he'd look like if he were thinner?

is it possible it is bloat they recreated?
my own son is 6"3 and weighs about 200 he is lean.

I don't think you can tell a lot about weight and build just from the face. People have such different shapes and carry their weight in different ways and places. The youngest Carbuff is only about 5'8" and 140 lbs, but if you looked at his face, you'd think he was at least 50 lbs overweight.

The detective I spoke to did say that the photos of the bust make the gentleman appear much heavier than the actual bust appears in person. He said the photos are a bit misleading. Makes me wonder why they didn't include something in the photo to give a sense of scale, but I guess when you see it in person you see it the same way in the photo.

Wonder if hair might make the bust be perceived differently? Maybe when alive, the uid Doe had lots of hair covering/concealing the width of his face.

This individual, Roger Leblanc, is wanted by LE and has been missing since 1993, his face has strong features, imo.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/nb/prog_services/unsolved_crimes-crimes_non_resolus/index-eng.htm

" Investigators are very interested in speaking with Roger Leblanc who is presently listed as missing and was 34-years-old at the time. Roger Leblanc is a person of interest to investigators as he was known to frequent an after hours bar not far from the murder scene and went missing the day after being interviewed by investigators on November 21, 1993, regarding the murders of Marcia Leblanc and Marcel Cormier. Initially, it was believed Roger Leblanc was a lost hunter, however, it quickly came to light that Roger Leblanc was in fact in the woods by choice. Some items belonging to Roger Leblanc were found in the Canaan River. An extensive search of the area by police and volunteer search and rescue personnel met with negative results. It is believed Roger Leblanc may be deceased. He was known to spend a lot of his time hunting in the Downey Siding area. Investigators are asking the public to pay attention during the hunting season for anything which appears unusual as Roger Leblanc's remains could be discovered, if in fact he is deceased."

I can definitely see a resemblance. I wonder what else we can find out about this guy...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99
Back