CANADA Canada - Malpeque Bay, PEI, Male, 21-35, unusual facial features, Jun'97

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, yeah. Wow. He's even got the nose, as well as the big rounded jaw and jowl. Can't tell about the low head because of the way his hair blends into the background. Eyes are different and I don't know how accurate the UID's nose would be because of the decomposition, but it's certainly close enough to send in.

Attachments

• malpeque bay uid and James Brasnic.png
    malpeque bay uid and James Brasnic.png
    150 KB · Views: 154
April 15, 2009. It's on the "history" tab at your link.

ok, so you guys got me pulled into this one. Concerning Roger Leblanc as a possible match - I found a tribute facebook page about the murder of https://www.facebook.com/marceletmarcia/timeline. Not much info there and some of it is in French and.. However in the comments off to the side a woman (Linda) with the last name of Caissie makes a comment that sounds like Roger is her father and she too would like some closure on this. I clicked upon her page just to see if she had any pics of him and she actually has a one of his face photoshopped into her wedding pics.

The pic of his face is somewhat blurry of but that is to be expected considering the age of them. But they appear to be pics of him at a wedding (perhaps his own?) so they could possibly have more pics of him. His daughter appears to really want to know what happened to her father. Has someone submitted Rogers name as a possible match to the place that has the UID info and DNA of the unknown man?

Check it out, what do ya'll think?

ok, so you guys got me pulled into this one. Concerning Roger Leblanc as a possible match - I found a tribute facebook page about the murder of https://www.facebook.com/marceletmarcia/timeline. Not much info there and some of it is in French and.. However in the comments off to the side a woman (Linda) with the last name of Caissie makes a comment that sounds like Roger is her father and she too would like some closure on this. I clicked upon her page just to see if she had any pics of him and she actually has a one of his face photoshopped into her wedding pics.

The pic of his face is somewhat blurry of but that is to be expected considering the age of them. But they appear to be pics of him at a wedding (perhaps his own?) so they could possibly have more pics of him. His daughter appears to really want to know what happened to her father. Has someone submitted Rogers name as a possible match to the place that has the UID info and DNA of the unknown man?

I haven't spoken to the Detective about Roger but I have no problem doing! Let me know and I'll give him a call!

I haven't spoken to the Detective about Roger but I have no problem doing! Let me know and I'll give him a call!

Thanks for that, have not gotten around to submitting him, waiting to see what everyone else thought first!
What do you think of the other suggested mp, "JAMES BRAŠNIĆ"?

Thanks for that, have not gotten around to submitting him, waiting to see what everyone else thought first!
What do you think of the other suggested mp, "JAMES BRAŠNIĆ"?

I will call the detective this afternoon regarding Roger. As to James, do you think he could've made it to Canada after going missing during the wars? I feel like he was more likely killed in his country, but I suppose anything is possible!

i'm pretty new to all this but has Mark Krostewitz been mentioned or compared?

I am aware he was missing for a few years before doe was found but he has unusual features also.

https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2014004157&id=7

I think Mark has a resemblance. Since this was a reconstruction, we can't really rely on things like the shape of the nose or the lips, they are just a guess on the part of the artist. Mark does have eyes that are "high" on his face (for lack of a better term!), similar to the JD. He doesn't have the really strong browline like the JD, though, so I'm not sure the resemblance is strong enough. I will see what else I can find about him. Good find!

Glad we "pulled you in" SwampMama, that wedding pic and comment was a great find, thanks!

Just left a voicemail for the constable that is handling the case. Will let you know when I hear back. Anyone have any specific questions they want me to ask when I get him on the phone?

Just left a voicemail for the constable that is handling the case. Will let you know when I hear back. Anyone have any specific questions they want me to ask when I get him on the phone?

Thanks so much!
In an earlier post, it was suggested that LE thought there was a possibility that the uid was Eastern European, wondering why?

I confess, i spent hours last night, looking over the potential family members social media accts, just looking to see if they had any other pics of him, reading up on acromegaly and lots of other tiny possibilities in the case. I finally went to bed about 6am. Here is a color pic of Roger, that I flipped it so that the profile is facing the same way as the bust UID.
roger enlarged rotated.jpgRoger perhaps.png

Thanks so much!
In an earlier post, it was suggested that LE thought there was a possibility that the uid was Eastern European, wondering why?

He said the forensic anthropologist indicated he could possibly be Eastern European based on his dental work.

Patience with this post i am trying to upload the larger version of the pic.
rogoer enlargement 2.jpg

ETA - well dangit, it uploads and then posts as enlarged but when I refresh the page, it is now a small pic. However it does show his where his hair ends in the back so it is not blended into the dark background as in other pics. I am working on getting a side by side comparison /collage pic.

Slightly OT: we went out to dinner tonight and the bartender was a dead ringer for this dude. I didn't get a chance to ask if he had any missing relatives, unfortunately.

Just spoke to the investigator and he says Roger Leblanc has been ruled out as being this UID. I invited him to view this thread and follow up on the other ideas suggested here. Keep searching guys!

Just spoke to the investigator and he says Roger Leblanc has been ruled out as being this UID. I invited him to view this thread and follow up on the other ideas suggested here. Keep searching guys!

Thanks for your efforts, the search continues!

800px-Michael_Berryman_2007.jpg
The actor, Michael Berryman.

Wondering if the uid male may have been born with this condition?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Berryman

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypohidrotic_ectodermal_dysplasia

"Hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia (also known as "Anhidrotic ectodermal dysplasia," and "Christ-Siemens-Touraine syndrome"[1]:570) is one of about 150 types of ectodermal dysplasia in humans. Before birth, these disorders result in the abnormal development of structures including the skin, hair, nails, teeth, and sweat gland"

http://www.journalpioneer.com/News/...identify-man-whose-body-was-found-in-P.E.I./1

Police still trying to identify man whose body was found in P.E.I.

Jim Day
Published on November 03, 2015

2014-04-22-06-45-43-GDN-A01-Face-3-C.jpg
RCMP Sgt. Leanne Butler says police would welcome more tips after less than 10 have been received to date.

“All the tips have been exhausted and have proved not to be the person,’’ she said.

Police received a promising call just over one year ago from a person who believed the mystery man might well have been a family member.

The family had filed a missing report about the same time this person was found.

Amid great anticipation for both police and family members, DNA samples were taken and compared.

There was no match, so the search continues.

“It’s not closed but it would be considered a colder case for sure,’’ said Butler.

“It’s still open with our major crimes unit.’’

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99
Back