CANADA Canada - Malpeque Bay, PEI, Male, 21-35, unusual facial features, Jun'97

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Regina police confirm human remains found in December were man who went missing in 1997

Regina Police have confirmed that human remains found in rural Saskatchewan last December are those of Patrick Thauberger, who went missing from Regina more than 23 years ago.

Thauberger was 53 when he went missing in September 1997.
Thanks, wrong thread, will try to find ..
The UID subject of this thread was found in Prince Edward Island and i had previously suggested Patrick T as a possible match for "Malpeque Doe''. Now we know that PT was located and identified in Sask.
The search continues!

Last edited:
  • initials "G.L." written by marker on tag on underwear
Thinking about reasons you would put your initials in your underwear.

Here is some Navy instruction on the topic. Men on vessels. Just an example. Basics of Shipboard life

Laundry and Marking Your Clothing

Before turning in your clothing to the ship’s laundry, it should be stenciled with the first initial of your last name and the last four numbers of your Social Security Number. Example: A0480. Some ship’s laundry may have other requirements in terms of marking your clothing or paperwork that must accompany your laundry. Verify with your point-of-contact onboard what the requirements and laundry days are. Markings should be made in indelible black ink. Generally, felt tip clothing pens or clothing stamp kits are available at the exchange or uniform shop. Mark your clothing well if you ever want to see again.

Having a lot of brothers, living in one household.

Living in some kind of institution (prison f.i. ) with a lot of others, and a central laundry arrangement.

Being on a vessel, other then navy

Not his initials at all, borrowed from a friend.

More/other reason?

Unidentified Wiki
re post 2014 rbbm.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prin...ust-will-help-solve-p-e-i-cold-case-1.2618119

''Douglas Trowsbridge was a 25-year-old deckhand on the fishing boat that found the body.

"It's pretty sad that somebody can be missing for that long and doesn't have a friend or a family member that has put out a plea trying to find where they're at,” he said.''

''As fishing season approaches, police hope the bust triggers people’s memories

"It brings people back to this time. It puts people as they're going out on the water they'll be thinking about this possibly and something may tweak somebody's memory,” said Sgt. Andrew Blackadar.

Police believe the man was about five foot 11 with several missing teeth. They believe his ages was between 25 and 40.

Island RCMP have set up a special toll free line, 1-855-618-6292, for anyone with information''.

• initials "G.L." written by marker on tag on underwear
Thinking about reasons you would put your initials in your underwear.

Here is some Navy instruction on the topic. Men on vessels. Just an example. Basics of Shipboard life

Laundry and Marking Your Clothing

Before turning in your clothing to the ship’s laundry, it should be stenciled with the first initial of your last name and the last four numbers of your Social Security Number. Example: A0480. Some ship’s laundry may have other requirements in terms of marking your clothing or paperwork that must accompany your laundry. Verify with your point-of-contact onboard what the requirements and laundry days are. Markings should be made in indelible black ink. Generally, felt tip clothing pens or clothing stamp kits are available at the exchange or uniform shop. Mark your clothing well if you ever want to see again.

Having a lot of brothers, living in one household.

Living in some kind of institution (prison f.i. ) with a lot of others, and a central laundry arrangement.

Being on a vessel, other then navy

Not his initials at all, borrowed from a friend.

More/other reason?

You got it from a charity bin or something where it already had somebody's mark on it

Sports teams often have shared laundry

Not initials, but rather a laundry mark or something like that

Being as he was found at sea, I'm inclined to think the navy/cargo boat/fishing boat is the most likely.

Oops sorry, I only just realised I'd posted in the wrong thread. Sorry about that.

I really should not try to post anything when I have this crappy flu :)

Thanks, wrong thread, will try to find ..
The UID subject of this thread was found in Prince Edward Island and i had previously suggested Patrick T as a possible match for "Malpeque Doe''. Now we know that PT was located and identified in Sask.
The search continues!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99
Back