Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.680news.com/news/local/a...ca-lloyd-of-belleville-missing-since-thursday

Provincial police used a helicopter today to expand the search for a Belleville woman who's been missing for several days.

Jessica Elizabeth Lloyd was last heard from at 10:30 p.m. Thursday after sending a text message, and she never showed up for work the next day, which alarmed relatives who say it's uncharacteristic of her.

After an unsuccessful ground search on Saturday, provincial police expanded the search, which has included officers from several police forces including Rawdon, Belleville and Stirling.

CFB Trenton also assisted with search and rescue operations that extended through Saturday night around Highway 37 and Harmony Road, but gave no explanation about why the investigation is taking that track.

In assistance to the search, friends of Lloyd created a Facebook group in order to spread the word and bring in more tips to the police. The group was reported to hit more than 12,000 people Sunday morning.

Unfortunately false reports and facts about the investigation have begun appearing on the Facebook group, affecting the search currently being conducted by the police. While Facebook is a powerful tool to inform a wide range of people on important facts, it also provides users the ability to stay anonymous while accidentally or sometimes maliciously posting misleading information.

The important thing to remember about Facebook is that no information is truly moderated by professionals and can lead to gossip. This can be very damaging and throw officials off track. The best way to get information on something such as a missing person is read, watch and listen to the news. News broadcasts and publications will always provide the viewer or reader with the real information given by police or other officials.

In the case of Lloyd, persons attempting to assist should remember to leave all investigative work to the professionals and never share anything you have heard in passing on something like Facebook, even if you believe it to be true. All possible leads should always be reported to the police first and foremost and from there the authorities will decide if it is helpful or misleading.

It is also important to remember that something such as a missing person is not a joke, and as much as you feel it would be funny to post false information it can hurt family and friends during this scary time. Many people have been affected by the disappearance of Jessica Elizabeth Lloyd, and all are trying to help.
respectfully sbm
read more:
http://jpbowler.wordpress.com/2010/01/31/missing-persons-know-the-facts-dont-report-the-theories/

Request for Mod:

There is another thread for Jessica on the Missing/Located Forum Discussion. Could you please merge the threads? Also, would it be possible to add CANADA to the Title?
Thank you in advance :heart:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94791

praying for Jessica's safe return home :prayer:

Nope.

That thread is for discussion. This one is only for information and family support. We need them both. :)

"Canada" is on its way to the title. :)

Hoppy

Nope.

That thread is for discussion. This one is only for information and family support. We need them both. :)

"Canada" is on its way to the title. :)

Hoppy
Thanks so much hoppyfrog! I didn' know that.
Could you also please add "Canada" to the Discussion thread Title? :hug:

Missing Jessica Lloyd on Kijiji.

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-community-other-MISSING-Jessica-Lloyd-W0QQAdIdZ182909915
MISSING- Jessica Lloyd

Date Listed29-Jan-10 AddressBank St, Ottawa, ON, Canada
View map

PLEASE READ!! If anyone has seen or heard from Jessica Lloyd , please call Belleville Police at 613-966-0882 . She has not been heard from since Jan. 28th, at approx. 10:30pm

5'6" Tall
Dark Brown Hair
Green Eyes
Slim Build
Approx. 135lbs

If you have any information please PLEASE CALL POLICE

Please tell everyone you know...the more people who know/see her picture, the better chance of someone who has seen them.

Visits: 946

She is not 5"6 or 135 pds, she is 5"5 and 125 pds. FYI!

She is not 5"6 or 135 pds, she is 5"5 and 125 pds. FYI!

http://www.police.belleville.on.ca/missingpersonsc40.php?command=viewArticle&ID=455&currentFeed=2

Jessica is drescribed as 5'5” tall, 125 lbs, green eyes and dark brown shoulder length hair. Jessica has a tattoo of an intricate "L” that spans the width of her lower back. Jessica may be wearing brown suede boots with white stitching, possibly a sweater and a vest. No other clothing descriptors are available at this time. Jessica does not have any identification with her.

http://www.police.belleville.on.ca/missingpersonsc40.php?command=viewArticle&ID=455&currentFeed=2

Jessica is drescribed as 5'5” tall, 125 lbs, green eyes and dark brown shoulder length hair. Jessica has a tattoo of an intricate "L” that spans the width of her lower back. Jessica may be wearing brown suede boots with white stitching, possibly a sweater and a vest. No other clothing descriptors are available at this time. Jessica does not have any identification with her.

Andy Lloyd is optimistic he will hug his sister again.
Andy, the brother of Jessica Elizabeth Lloyd —who has been missing since Thursday night — said he and his family are "very hopeful" Jessica will be found.
"We're just trying to get the word out to make sure she comes home safe," he said.
The last time anyone heard from the 27-year-old was at 10:36 p.m. Thursday when she texted a friend.
It wasn't until Friday, however, that her family suspected something was wrong. Jessica didn't show up for work at at Tri-Board Student Transportation Services which, family told police, is "out of character" for her.
Andy, who describes his sister as "very social" with "a lot of friends," said she would not go away without letting her family know where she is.
The fact that her car, purse, wallet and identification were found at her Thurlow home — where she lived alone — has city police calling the young woman's disappearance "suspicious."
Belleville deputy police Chief Paul Vandegraaf said his officers, including members of the Tactical Team, the ATV Unit, and Auxiliary Police Unit, along with the Stirling-Rawdon Police Service, continued the ground search Sunday. Saturday's efforts turned up nothing.
Vandegraaf was tight-lipped about specifics, saying the police "are not going to speak about the investigative techniques being used. That could jeopardize the investigation."
"We want this to come to a successful ending as quickly as possible," he added.
The CFB Trenton search and rescue helicopter scoured the area around the missing woman's house, located just north of Harmony Road on Highway 37 Saturday. The OPP also brought in its helicopter Sunday morning.
"We focused most of our efforts today on some search and rescue type things," he said. "We have a large contingent of the police service and assisting agencies helping us so we can move forward."
Vandegraaf said officers also carried out interviews Sunday to gather additional information.
"We've received information from all sorts of different sources over the last 24 hours," he said. "We're following up any of that information that can potentially assist us."
Andy said there has been an outpouring of support from people in the community since his sister disappeared. A Facebook page dedicated to finding her had more than 15,000 members as of Sunday evening.
"The support has been great," Andy said. "It's kind of overwhelming. My family and I greatly appreciate all the community (support), from people that didn't even meet her."
A plethora of volunteers joined in searching for Jessica Saturday, helping police canvass the area around her residence.
Vandegraaf said Saturday officers were "conducting a very methodical co-ordinated search of the immediate area around that house. We will continue to broaden that search area as we get more information."
Also Saturday, a large group of family and friends gathered outside a Belleville Tim Hortons. Family, friends and hundreds of volunteers were handing out posters in cities and towns across the region.
The posters being issued by family has a picture of Lloyd and a full description of what she looks like.
Lloyd is described as five-foot-five and 125 pounds, with green eyes and dark brown shoulder length hair. She has a tattoo of an intricate "L" that spans the width of her lower back.
Police said she may be wearing brown suede boots with white stitching and possibly a sweater and vest, but no other clothing descriptors are available at this time.
Also on the posters is the name of a man who is listed as a person of interest.
Vandegraaf, however, said it is too early to make any assumptions that the man is a person of interest to the police.
"We're really early in this investigation," Vandegraaf said. "We're looking at all sorts of different angles to the story. That name is one of many names that we have been given to follow up with. We don't know what, if any involvement, this person may or may not have."

{snip}
http://www.intelligencer.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2299929

Belleville police have called off an extensive ground search for Jessica Lloyd, 27, who has been missing since last Thursday night.

The Belleville Police Service would like to remind the public to call 613 966-0882 extension 2313 or Crime Stoppers at 613-969-8477with any information that may assist in locating Jessica Elizabeth Lloyd."

http://www.intelligencer.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2300850

It was nice to see the facebook page ask only for facts, and not rumors. So many other myspaces and facebooks for missing kids are filled with wild speculation.

OMG. This is in my area. I'm in Kingston. I'll see what I can find out about this guy. I haven't had much time online today.

I hope they find her alive and well.

The posters also have the name of a man who is listed as a person of interest

I can't find the poster with the name of the POI. edit: n/m found the answer

Also, the article says her purse, wallet, ID, car were at home. Was her cell phone at home too?

OMG. This is in my area. I'm in Kingston. I'll see what I can find out about this guy. I haven't had much time online today.

I hope they find her alive and well.

He went by a false name, and we are not even sure if he is the POI momentarily. There may be several.

Also "he" claimed he was an electrician but he is not registered with the IBEWCCO or anything else that would put him as a registered electrician in Ontario.

I am assuming LE already has a name due to his texts sent to JL, but we had to go and black out and tear off all the poster pieces that contained his name (the primary posters posted on Friday everywhere) as it was libelous in nature.

The sad truth is that it's so easy to make up a name online and tell people that is your name, especially when you are not from the same area as she was.

She had went out with him several times during the summer from what I can recall, but that was the end of it.

Police Seek Help in Locating Missing Transportation Planner

Tri-Board, a student busing consortium that provides service for 10 public and Catholic schools in the area, which sits near the banks of Lake Ontario about 40 miles from the New York state border.

A FaceBook page has been created and her employers have posted information about Lloyd on their Web site. Anyone with information on Lloyd's disappearance should contact Belleville Police at 613/966-0882.​

http://www.stnonline.com/home/lates...lp-in-locating-missing-transportation-planner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klaus28