GUILTY Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
4:59
Lianne Elliott:

CBC NN has talked to Dr. Brad Booth, a forensic psychiatrist, who said the behaviours described in court fit into the condition known as paraphilia, an abnormal sexual arousal in response to objects such as clothing. There would also elements of sexual sadism, voyeurism and fetishism. For someone like Williams to descend into criminal behaviour and act upon his urges, there would have to be a "disinhibiting factor," Booth said. This could be a manipulative personality, a tendency to lie pathologically, and having a lack of empathy for other people.

"We know that paraphilic dress may start in a lesser form around puberty and escalate through the life, becoming more honed in on a particular interest. In Col. Williams' case, I suspect that he in fact was fantasizing, maybe in an attenuated form, about some of these behaviours that he later engaged in."

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2010/10/18/williams-court-coveritlive.html

from the link you posted

Criminal defence lawyer Russell Silverstein discusses the case of Col. Russell Williams with the CBC's Carole MacNeil: http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/1221258968/ID=1618543905

Silverstein also (if I heard him correctly) say that since RW is pleading guilty to the B & E he will also be sentenced for those. So how much more time would he be expected to get on top of 25 years?

Also, dumb question, but is it 25 years per murder? = 50 years?

As Silverstein said, the sentences will be concurrent. They always are. Regardless of how many murders, or other sentences in addition to the murders, the maximum sentence is 25 years with no chance of parole before then. The general consensus is that RW's chances of getting parole even after that are pretty slim.

The maximum determinate sentence is a life sentence with a 25 year parole ineligibility period, and all life sentences and related parole ineligibility periods are served concurrently (at the same time).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_sentencing_in_Canada

WARNING CONTAINS GRAPHIC CONTENT: Amber Hildebrandt reports: "Williams would place lingerie in boxes or bags when he got home. Once he accumulated too many, he would destroy them. He also modeled the lingerie and took pictures of himself and masturbated to them. The were put in a complex file folder system and are date stamped. The folder system gave sense of how long he was in homes and what he did. He kept a log that stated the nature of offence. He stored evidence of murders and b&es on two hard drives. Police found them stored above the ceiling in the basement of his Ottawa home. The statement of facts traces the chronology and escalation of his offences."

Look at the dates here. Right before the 2nd assault. Escalation.

An image shows Williams photographing himself in a mirror while naked. Another picture shows a photo of a similar "performance." He is masturbating. There are 20 photos dated from September 28-29, 2009 from the inside of a girl's bedroom. In one he is wearing a young girl's skirt. He also had pictures from early in the morning, around 5:30 a.m., of him in a wooded area wearing a young girl's underwear as well as images of him masturbating or showing his erect penis."

From NBG's link above:

"Williams had told investigators that the 2008 death of his family cat disturbed him and led to a change in his frame of mind, the Winnipeg Press reported. He also told interrogators that he wanted to do his "duty" by confessing to everything, to spare his wife and the Canadian military a prolonged public trial."

Excuse me, but whaaat? The death of his cat is to blame? Surely this must be taken out of context. :waitasec:

JMO

Thanks AG, I think I might have been coming from a wishful thinking kind of place.

As Silverstein said, the sentences will be concurrent. They always are. Regardless of how many murders, or other sentences in addition to the murders, the maximum sentence is 25 years with no chance of parole before then. The general consensus is that RW's chances of getting parole even after that are pretty slim.

The maximum determinate sentence is a life sentence with a 25 year parole ineligibility period, and all life sentences and related parole ineligibility periods are served concurrently (at the same time).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_sentencing_in_Canada

Amber Hildebrandt reports: "Williams admitted to police to breaking into this place on two occasions and stealing 39 pieces of clothing. There are 59 photos where Williams is holding a photo album belonging to the family with a gloved hand and taking a picture of each page, including photos that confirm the age of the child in the photographs. As the Crown speaks more pictures of closets and beds continue to be shown on the video monitors."

BBM: Why was he obsessed with verifying the age of his victims? He took pictures of licenses, university degree and other things to verify age.

CBC:
Amber Hildebrandt reports: "The judge is signing two orders of consent. One saying a sampling of photos can be published by the press but the press can't refer to the specific addresses of the victims nor to the indictment count it refers to. Another court order states that reporters can't take pictures in the exhibit room - a room that is available to public featuring photos of the evidence. They are not allowed to have electronic devices in there."

In Orleans, neighbour Lucia Magalhaes says she's glad things are coming to a closure. She said she was surprised Williams committed the crimes because he was always seemed so polite and nice. "I couldn't believe that a person could do that and he was living right in our neighbourhood," she said.

Robert Gange said it's good now to have closure: "It's been quite a while and we've been through a lot... I didn't believe it and I still don't believe it, in a way, but I know it's true now, so it's going to be a while before we put in our minds that he was guilty."

Thanks AG, I think I might have been coming from a wishful thinking kind of place.

Really, Lily, there's no need to wish. He's never coming out of there except in a casket. And that may be a lot sooner than 25 years.

JMO

CBC:
Amber Hildebrandt reports: "The judge is signing two orders of consent. One saying a sampling of photos can be published by the press but the press can't refer to the specific addresses of the victims nor to the indictment count it refers to. Another court order states that reporters can't take pictures in the exhibit room - a room that is available to public featuring photos of the evidence. They are not allowed to have electronic devices in there."

I've been wondering something all day. Blackberrys were allowed in the courtroom today and will be until this is all over. The photos were displayed on two large TV screens for all the spectators. How difficult would it have been to sneak shots of the screen with a cell phone? There are ways to post pics on the net anonymously and make them hard to trace. What do you think are the chances that some illegal photos will turn up on the web? Don't they always?

JMO

Cross-dressing colonel to be stripped of rank, medals, booted out of Forces

OTTAWA - In the warrior culture of the new Canadian Forces, it couldn't get much more humiliating.

His crimes were heinous but images of Col. Russell Williams, the confessed murderer, frolicking in women's and girl's underwear added a new, unexpected layer of shame for the straight-laced military community.

"Freak" was among the words tossed around the military messes late Monday after the senational case resurfaced in an eastern Ontario court.

More here:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/ca...nk-medals-booted-out-of-forces-105217094.html

CBC Connect is on @ 8pm, interview with Andy Lloyd and show on RW now. Linked here by me earlier.

Oh, man, they are showing some pictures. There is one of RW in a purple nightie, and underwear, a photo from behind.

CBC Connect is on @ 8pm, interview with Andy Lloyd and show on RW now. Linked here by me earlier.
Thank you Wondergirl for all the links you have been posting throughout the day, and also during the past week.

Earlier today I saw a portion of that interview, but I had to leave and closed all my windows, and can no longer find it.

What strucked me was that Andy said that Jessica was kidnapped by RW from her home, brought to his Cozy Cove Lane cottage, and she was kept there until the following Tuesday? Did someone else came across that video clip? Did I hear wrong?

If I heard correctly, that would mean that she was at his cottage while all the searches (ground, helicopter and so forth) were going on! And what about him calling in sick the next day, Friday, Jan 29th? Also, didn't he go back to Ottawa for the weekend?

Given the degree of depravity cited by these thefts and photos, it seems impossible that he only began his criminal behaviour a couple of years ago!

JMO

I could not agree more. I am going to bed tonight rather....sick. I feel horrible. And I know that it is just my mind working overtime.

Simply my opinion, which isn't worth much:)

Thank you Wondergirl for all the links you have been posting throughout the day, and also during the past week.

Earlier today I saw a portion of that interview, but I had to leave and closed all my windows, and can no longer find it.

What strucked me was that Andy said that Jessica was kidnapped by RW from her home, brought to his Cozy Cove Lane cottage, and she was kept there until the following Tuesday? Did someone else came across that video clip? Did I hear wrong?

If I heard correctly, that would mean that she was at his cottage while all the searches (ground, helicopter and so forth) were going on! And what about him calling in sick the next day, Friday, Jan 29th? Also, didn't he go back to Ottawa for the weekend?

Your welcome, Hazel. Antiquegirl and NBG kept things covered from the various media, it was pretty overwhelming.

Part of tonights show was taped 2 days ago, you may have seen an excerpt from that. There is also a fresh interview with him today.

According to the Murder Charge PDF, which I linked here a couple of times, Jessica Lloyd died between January 28th and January 30th. It has been reported by some media, that RW kept her alive at Cozy Cove up to 3 days. :(

I've been wondering something all day. Blackberrys were allowed in the courtroom today and will be until this is all over. The photos were displayed on two large TV screens for all the spectators. How difficult would it have been to sneak shots of the screen with a cell phone? There are ways to post pics on the net anonymously and make them hard to trace. What do you think are the chances that some illegal photos will turn up on the web? Don't they always?

JMO

Not sure about how hard it is to get away with a click of the blackberry that is decidedly pointed at the TV screen. I can't help but think that the TV's were likely placed relatively high in the room, in order to make it a bit more difficult. While they may surface following the trial, I doubt that any of the reporters present want to risk the judge kicking out ALL of the media. He's a bit of a hard nose when it comes to his courtroom and his rules.

Just a thought. And while I live close enough to go check it out I wouldn't for love nor money actually walk into the building with that creature present.

JMO

JMO

It was mentioned this morning that if anyone is caught taking pictures their Blackberries, smartphones would be taken from them and they would be ejected from the courtroom immediately. While it is possible, I think with the amount of LE in the courtroom, it would be tough to do, once they raise the blackberry away from their lap, I'm sure the police are all over them - though that is JMO.

Also, they are trying to change the maximum sentence from concurrent to consecutive sentences, though it hasn't passed through legislation yet, and obviously won't before this hearing is over. Like you said AG, he's never getting out of there (alive anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member