GUILTY Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious about the reference to Williams in writings of Marie France.. (as per his interrogation)..was he eyeballing her at work...was she feeling uncomfortable around him?.. it seems he was impotent and had to resort to violent means in order to perform sexually...at least that's what I am reading into the confessions..

here is the link again to the interrogation:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2010/10/20/Edited_Williams.pdf

I don't believe their paths crossed at work much, if at all. That would have been mentioned by the media. RW had thousands under his command and she was just one. I actually think that MFC left nothing in her writings about him and that this was an interrogation tactic by Smyth, trying to trick him. He never actually said that there were such writings.

JMO

Edited transcript of Williams interview with Det Smyth.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2010/10/20/Edited_Williams.pdf

Thank you, LNL, for the link to the written transcript of the Williams confession. RW really wanted to keep them out of the Ottawa house, didn't he. And he seems to have a 'convenient' memory that is very specific at times and almost absent at others. Unbelievable due to his profession - pilots have to be very alert to details and recall them at debriefings.

I see many unfamiliar names as members. For those and others not familiar with the Lachlan Cranswick thread, you might be interested in the extensive research into RW's background and other characteristics which we researched there. Think I'll go back and review it all again for clues I may have missed but might see differently now in light of all we've learned during this prosecution process.

Our work on RW begins on Thread #1, post #14 by Hazel at the link below.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95134

illiams reminds me of another case, that of a killer named Dennis Bulloch. He was tried for the murder of his wife, Julie Miller, in St. Louis, MO.

Bulloch killed his wife by suffocating her when he wrapped her in 30+ feet of athletic tape, binding her to a chair and ultimately wrapping her entire head. He placed her in the garage of their home, set it on fire, then left town for a conference out of state. He planned the whole thing to make it appear he was at the conference the entire time. Later, when the evidence piled up against him, he faked his suicide by leaving his car parked on a bridge w/ suicide note and went on the run. Long story short, he claimed his wife died during a kinky sex bondage game. With good legal help, he only served 4 years and is still out there somewhere.

The book "Dying to Get Married" was about the murder.

http://www.amazon.com/Dying-Get-Married-Courtship-Bulloch/dp/0061005169

The description of Williams killing of his first murder victim by taping her mouth and nose reminded me of Bulloch. Williams personality is also the same, a sexual sadist who is highly accomplished, narcissistic, a control/power freak, arrogant, physically abusive and cares nothing about the harm he does to others.

The reason I recognize these traits in Williams is because I grew up with Dennis Bulloch, attending middle and high school with him. I lost track of him after graduation until reading about the murder. It didn't surprise me too much, he was always a very tightly wound, arrogant person who had a tendency to bully people. He was always a class leader, good grades, jock, perfectly groomed and dressed. Perfect on the outside, but really messed up inside. I never knew until reading the book, but he came from a poor family (hated his parents) and murdered his wife to inherit her family money.

Investigators looking to understand Williams should take a look at Dennis Bulloch. To me, anyway, they're very much alike.

Once again, Thank You to all the WS members who put forth so much effort in keeping us all informed about today's proceedings.

Here's an article by Heather Mallick of the Toronto Star called "Good guys nabbed Russell Williams". A good read:

And I’ll be cheering for them. The world doesn’t work unless men and women are united, working together for a common good. It happened at this trial. The trial was not about men and women, but about humanity.

full article at
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/878656--mallick-good-guys-nabbed-russell-williams?bn=1

I don't believe their paths crossed at work much, if at all. That would have been mentioned by the media. RW had thousands under his command and she was just one. I actually think that MFC left nothing in her writings about him and that this was an interrogation tactic by Smyth, trying to trick him. He never actually said that there were such writings.

JMO

that may very well be the case but I am familiar with how flight crews etc. interact with each other especially being in the same "trade" so to speak and on flight missions together..

Healing circle forms in wake of Williams case

By W. BRICE MCVICAR, QMI Agency

Last Updated: October 20, 2010 11:36pm

BELLEVILLE — The community needs to heal together and it needs that healing now, says a woman who has quickly organized an event aimed at achieving that goal.

Hazel Lloyst said she is inviting all residents to Market Square behind Belleville City Hall on Friday to come together as a community and begin the healing process. The event, she said, was borne from the grisly details coming from the Col. Russell Williams case in Superior Court.
Full article: http://www.ottawasun.com/news/canada/2010/10/20/15769196.html

BTW, in case anyone is wondering, that Hazel is NOT me.

(Hazel is not even my real name, just my username :))

JMO

She was chosen (but it doesn't say by whom) IIRC, RW was studying French in Gatineau for the first 6 months in 2009, and became the Commander July 15th, 2009.
Cpl. Comeau became a flight attendant with 8 Wing Trenton's 437 Squadron after over a decade in the Canadian Forces. She was chosen to work as the Prime Minister and Governor General's flight attendant after six months on the job in 2009.

"Considering that she was a flight attendant for only six months, it speaks volumes of the exceptional skills she must have had," Ret. MC Breault said. "She was always very professional and I'm not surprised she was selected for those trips. She was at the peak of her aspirations."
http://www.northumberlandnews.com/news/article/148481

In all the reports I've read there is the common theme: "nobody had a clue; no signs of erratic behavior, etc.."

Well, I think there were red flags to be seen - beginning with his medical record.

Would you knowingly get on a plane if you knew that the pilot was taking as many as 8 kinds of prescription medications?

Excerpt:

".....Col. Williams also revealed to police in the interrogation that he suffered from chronic pain, a condition that his co-workers and old friends have returned to time and time again when they’ve been asked by reporters about any changes they observed. Jeff Farquhar, Col. Williams’ former university roommate and one of his few close friends, said he couldn’t help but notice about eight prescription bottles on the officer’s bathroom counter during a visit to the cottage in the summer of 2009.

“I got the impression that some of it was painkillers, but there were many different labels. I wasn’t snooping and I didn’t examine the labels,” Mr. Farquhar said. Other associates, such as Paul Ferguson, the program director at Belleville country music radio station Cool 100, recalled that at the annual wing commander’s golf tournament in 2009, Col. Williams, an avid golfer, couldn’t use a driver because he said it would ruin his back. ...." [Snip>]

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/accused-colonel-told-interrogators-he-was-distressed-by-death-of-his-cat/article1760854/

First, what pilot who really felt the heavy responsibility for "all souls on board" would continue to put those souls at risk when taking so much medication? Seems to me that all the faculties necessary to pilot a plane would be somewhat affected by such medication; alertness, quick thinking, eyesight, physical reflexes - you name it.

Second, in my opinion, the base doctors who prescribed all that medication should have alerted the flight surgeon that RW should be grounded. Next thought is that, RW being the cunning person he has proven himself to be, probably went to non-military physicians for the prescriptions so they would not show up on his military medical record.

In the text of the interrogation by Det. Smyth, RW tells of flying on dates very near to his murdering JL, so it is reasonable to think that he was transporting troops "hopscotching across Canada" while under the influence of those prescription drugs.

To me that conduct underscores his total lack of concern for the souls he, and he alone, was responsible for. They did not matter when weighed against his advancement in rank and position - after all, it was predicted by those higher in the CAF that he was slated for the very top.

Oh, I forgot.... he was the model Commander; above suspicion.

Second, in my opinion, the base doctors who prescribed all that medication should have alerted the flight surgeon that RW should be grounded. Next thought is that, RW being the cunning person he has proven himself to be, probably went to non-military physicians for the prescriptions so they would not show up on his military medical record.
RS&BBM

or those were not all in his name IYKWIM ;)

We traveled the 401 yesterday from Belleville to Kingston. I had no idea the amount of visible police presence there would be. We saw three large convoys (decoys perhaps?;) and there were vehicles placed at every entrance into and out of Belleville. I never really thought about it before then. Then the mention of the sniper being in place at the courthouse this morning kinda made me put two and two together.

Crown lawyer Lee Burgess, who outlined Williams's escalating offences — from the theft of women's and girls' underwear from their homes to the killings — is expected to speak about the Comeau family when he makes final submissions Thursday. He said the family found it too difficult to address the court themselves.

Justice Robert F. Scott will then ask Williams if he wants to make a statement.

"There is great anticipation to find out whether this former base commander is going to address the court," CBC's Dave Seglins reported from Belleville.
"There was a lot of shock when he began staring straight at the victims making their statements yesterday."

The judge will then have an opportunity to speak to Williams before handing down the sentence.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2010/10/21/russell-williams-day-four.html#ixzz12zuIJleA

Today should be interesting to see whether RW actually takes the stand and make a statement.

8:39 TorontoStar: Dan Robson reports:
Tony Bryant, one of the lawyers who represented schoolgirl killer Paul Bernardo, offered some analysis on whether or not the Crown will seek “dangerous offender” status for Williams.

It was odd that the Crown had presented such graphic evidence—particularly in regards to the break and enters—after he'd already pleaded guilty, twice, to first-degree murder.

It’s possible that in lieu of seeking a dangerous offender designation, the Crown made a deal that it would make public all the evidence it would have presented in applying to declare Williams a dangerous offender.

The result: The defence avoids having Williams declared a dangerous offender. The Crown ensures that a graphic record decreases the chance of parole. Both avoid a long process -- months, if not years -- that requires psychiatric evaluations.

“There’s this notion, particularly in Ontario, that dangerous offender designations have a much greater hurdle to ever be released,” says Bryant.

“We avoid (dangerous offender designation) like the plague as defence counsel because of that,” Bryant said. “It may not just be perception, it may be reality.”

Technically the Crown has up to six months after sentencing today to apply for the "dangerous offender" designation.
That sentence would be life in prison with no parole for 25 years: in 2035, when Williams is 72.

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/876913

This makes complete sense to me why the Crown was very graphic in detailing all the events that occurred. I have been wondering what type of plea the defense and counsel could possibly come up with, given the automatic life sentence of pleading guilty to two first degree murders. It could be as T Bryant mentions the plea deal was is only about not applying for dangerous status of RW, so the Crown was graffic in the detail to ensure that he will never be released because all the information at the hearing will be part of his record which the parole board would review when the time comes, after hearing all the evidence, who in their right mind would release this man back into society? - JMO

8:59 RobsonDan: CFB Trenton is holding a News conference at 11 a.m. to answer questions about Col. Williams. Dan Robson will be there be there.

9:04 RobsonDan: Michael Edelson, Williams' lawyer, has arrived. He wouldn't say whether or not Williams will speak in court today.

9:07 RobsonDan: Justice Robert Scott has arrived

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/876913.

9:10 TorontoStar: Canadian Press reports:
Prime Minister Stephen Harper says the Canadian Forces will take all necessary actions to ensure that benefits are withdrawn from convicted sex killer Col. Russell Williams.

After a military funding announcement today in St. John's, Harper said his prayers are with Williams's victims and the Canadian military.

The former commander of Canada's largest military airfield pleaded guilty to all the charges earlier this week and is expected to be sentenced today.

9:21 TorontoStar: The chief of air staff for the Canadian Forces, Lt.-Gen. Andre Deschamps, will talk to soldiers at CFB Trenton today before speaking at a news conference.
Russell Williams enrolled in the Canadian Forces in 1987 and earned his wings in 1990. He became commander of 8 Wing Trenton on July 16, 2009.
He was 22 months into a string of fetish break-and-enters which would shortly escalate into sexual assaults and two murders.
Shortly after the colonel was arrested Feb. 7, Dave Cochrane took over command of the base and was promoted to colonel.
As the hearing on 88 charges against Wiliams started this week, the military said it's started stripping him of his rank and his medals. As well, the military will take back the salary Williams has been collecting since his arrest.
As for his controversial pension, the Forces can't under current rules touch it.

I heard on the CBC this morning, that in all likelihood, RW will end up in Cell Block G at Kingston Penitentiary, the designated isolated wing for sex criminals, where Paul Bernardo is serving his sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member