Found Deceased Canada - May Milling, 81, Jasper, AB, 2 Sept 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BUMPING FOR MAY
Police consider another search for elderly B.C. woman http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/...earch_100916/20100916?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

"The 81-year-old Gibsons, B.C., resident was reported missing the next day and Mounties in several eastern B.C. detachments have been scouring Highways 5 and 16 since then."

It appears that the search area involves Hwy 16 from Jasper to Tete Jaune Cache then south on Hwy 5. The merge onto Hwy 5 from Hwy 16 comes up suddenly and it is very easy and quite possible to miss the turn. A person would not necessarily realize or notice their mistake for a significant number of miles. One Highway looks very much like another in the mountains and sign posting can be many many many miles apart. I hope LE has considered searching Hwy 16 beyond the Hwy 5 interchange.
Just my thoughts.

Where is May? The thing that I don't get, is the whole GPS thing in the On-Star. Her vehicle would have to be actually in a lake or something for the On-Star not to work, correct?

Where is May? The thing that I don't get, is the whole GPS thing in the On-Star. Her vehicle would have to be actually in a lake or something for the On-Star not to work, correct?

When I first read about May, I just did a quick search about on-star and it seems that yes for it to just be off. done. no signal it would either have to be manually turned off at the source which can be tricky because other electronic systems might be wired together or submerged and completely water logged. I read that it can with stand some water but that after awhile lttle leaks in the casing for the system would get flooded eventually. Sorry no link, just googled it.

Praying she is found!

Unfortunately On-Star relies on cell towers to communicate. You can see from the map I posted here that her route would have taken her to areas were there were many miles between cell towers (dead areas). http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5592237&postcount=39

That could also be the reason her cell phone has no service either.

I hope someone is looking for her because I believe this is a car accident.
That's what I think happened to May too Ruby- so sad they haven't found her yet. I wonder if she has family - haven't seen any mention of any in the news.

That's what I think happened to May too Ruby- so sad they haven't found her yet. I wonder if she has family - haven't seen any mention of any in the news.

Haven't seen any mention of family either.

Just a roommate in one of the earlier articles.

(((This individual’s trip was pre-planned, she always uses the same route and she always keeps in contact with her roommate, so not hearing from her is unusual.”)))

I hope someone is looking for her because I believe this is a car accident.

I'm beginning to fear the worst. The weather has been great this year so far with no lasting snow through the mountain passes yet. LE searches have turned up nothing. Hundreds of vehicles travel that route daily and nothing unusual noticed. May is unlikely to be a high speed driver taking unnecessary risks. May travelled during the safety of daylight hours, her total trip at reasonable speed would only have been four hours or so including stops. I believe if this had been a car accident over an embankment etc there would be tell tail signs. There are only several areas without satellite service and I would suspect LE has zeroed their search into these particular locations due to the onstar failure.
I am beginning to suspect foul play. I hope I'm wrong.

Making dinner here and heard something on the news that caught my attention. A 67 year old truck driver stopped his truck to help what he thought was a motorist in distress - he was beaten and left for dead. Two men in a car. This happened near Blue river on the Yellowhead Highway - the route I believe that May would have taken. God, I hope these guys didn't do anything to her. Where is May. - Link to article. - http://www.todaystrucking.com/news.cfm?intDocID=24736 Here is another link - http://www.kamloopsnews.ca/article/.../309289986/good-samaritan-attacked-on-highway

Thanks Luckyducky for the info. This is quite disturbing as it is the same route the McCanns and May would/did take traveling to Vernon or Kelowna. I tell you when coincidences begin to stack up one begins to wonder if in fact they are indeed coincidences at all.

Field Hockey of Dreams

September 27, 2010

By MICHELE YOUNG
Daily News Staff Reporter

On the stage inside the Vancouver Convention Centre expansion building, Jenny John was elegantly dressed and seated on a couch between Global TV anchors Jill Krop and Steve Darling.

The 1,200 people gathered had just watched a short video presentation about John's long career in field hockey, as a player, coach, ump, administrator, volunteer and advocate for the sport.

It was a moment most people would revel in, being inducted into the BC Sports Hall of Fame.

And indeed, John was trying to soak up the feeling.

“I was called the face of field hockey,” she said with a big smile.

But in the back of her mind, that moment of glory was clouded over by the gloom of a missing friend.

May Milling, 81, disappeared somewhere on the highway between Jasper and Kamloops at the beginning of this month.

She and John had made plans to visit.

“We go way back, to field hockey in the 1970s.”

Instead, John spent much of the time leading up to her award making posters and driving the area where Milling might have swerved off the road.

Nothing has been found. No car, no friend, no clues.

John has been involved in the search, driving the route herself and sharing information and theories with the RCMP.

So as she stepped on stage to accept her award Sept. 16, John, 69, smiled and enjoyed her accolades. But thoughts of her friend were with her, too.

“May would want this to be my moment,” she said. “May would want me to embrace this.”

The thing is, John herself had difficulty embracing the nomination. She got a call last December to inform her she was one of nine individuals being inducted to the hall of fame, along with one team — the 1994 B.C. Lions football squad.

Not only that, but it was the first time she’d been nominated. It usually takes two or three applications before someone gets in.

“So for a woman to get in, with a minor sport — this, they said, was quite remarkable.”

http://www.kamloopsnews.ca/article/...09279994/-1/KAMLOOPS01/field-hockey-of-dreams

No sign of Milling in weeks: RCMP After weeks of intensive searching by RCMP and search and rescue members, there is still no sign of May Milling, the 81-year-old Gibsons woman who was reported missing Sept. 2. http://www.coastreporter.net/articl...5/-1/sechelt/no-sign-of-milling-in-weeks-rcmp
"He said there has been no evidence of a car leaving the road anywhere along the 460-km stretch of road between Jasper and Kamloops.

Moskaluk said RCMP are continuing to monitor Milling’s bank accounts, but there has been no activity since Milling was last seen leaving Jasper."

Thanks for that post Luckyducky. I think LE needs to put out a news release asking for any information on the missing car. Similar to the public request in the McCann case. This story has not had the needed publicity.

Does LE think May "took off" somewhere or what? Where is that poor lady?

Is there someone in the woods with these poor elderly people or what? I am suspicious that this case ties into the McCann's. The geographical location, age and circumstance are far too coincidental.

I totally agree, that a major focus needs to be made on May's car. Let's face it, she could have been assaulted for merely a vehicle. :(

There is a thread in this forum on Ashley Hansen. She was heading home after leaving Walmart in Murphy, NC and disappeared. Searchers traced her route over and over but found no evidence that she had left the roadway. After almost two months, in the early evening last week, a passing motorist spotted her vehicle and reported it to authorities. They found her still inside her vehicle.

I don't know why they weren't able to find her earlier with all the searches? Was it the falling leaves that opened up an area? Did the headlights just happen to make a tiny reflection against her car? Was the motorist in a taller vehicle, making it easier to see? Was he just more observant?

I'm hoping they will be able to find Ms May soon. I would hate to know something sinister happened to her like it apparently did to the McCanns.

Thanks for posting the above goldi- hopefully they will find May soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926
Back