GUILTY Canada - Noelle Paquette, 27, Sarnia, Ont, 31 Dec 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since they were found at the hotel, imo, LE might have been looking for them using their ATM cards and credit cards. And they had to use them to check into a hotel, most likely.

Since they were found at the hotel, imo, LE might have been looking for them using their ATM cards and credit cards. And they had to use them to check into a hotel, most likely.

I wonder what a sight they may have been... When checking in to the hotel... Had they cleaned up yet?...

I wonder, too, if hotel personnel alerted LE?

Just some thoughts...

I wonder what a sight they may have been... When checking in to the hotel... Had they cleaned up yet?...

I wonder, too, if hotel personnel alerted LE?

Just some thoughts...

Or...maybe they used NP's credit card?? They were arrested SO quickly...something must have led LE to them!

A court appointed lawyer i would think, does she even have any money, family?

"In Canada

The right to counsel is guaranteed under Section Ten of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms upon "arrest and detention", as well as the right to habeas corpus. However, there is no right to counsel during a criminal trial, except in specific situations."

Any lawyers reading in here that could elaborate?

Right to counsel simply means in Canada that you're guaranteed to have a fair trial, you have the right to expert legal representation to instruct you as to your rights upon detainment or arrest. Counsel isn't present during interrogation. As witnessed in the MR interrogation video (excellent insight into what goes on during these interrogations if you've not already viewed these online)

At 19 MM most likely can qualify to get legal aid representation (hey has the right to a fair trial and representation even if he cannot afford it) TB on the other may not meet the criteria to get legal aid (no one could assume what her financial situation is)or could choose to get her own representation. Legal aid is based on gross household family income in Canada. There is a chart on the web.

I am so pizzed off at those freaks. They were blatantly talking about raping and killing. Where I come from it's a crime to rape and harm others. Lots of warning signs with those two.

Has our tolerance and sensitivity to these perversions been increased to the point of not reporting such talk and photos? It's pretty messed, and at least one innocent life has been lost for it. :furious:

No wonder I can't even stand staying in a hotel anymore. You have no idea what goes on. Revolting.

"In Canada

The right to counsel is guaranteed under Section Ten of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms upon "arrest and detention", as well as the right to habeas corpus. However, there is no right to counsel during a criminal trial, except in specific situations."

I'm no lawyer but ....

MM possibly has a Legal Aid lawyer or his family is paying for one for him, not sure about TB but again possibility of Legal Aid in this case.

Wow, they fled to a hotel. What a couple of douchebags. Guilty much?

So they made a run for it? They didn't get very far. They might have been PICs but criminal masterminds they are not :waitasec:

"In Canada

*pulls out my criminal justice system in canada notes from last term* let me have a look for you

In this case, two police officers went to Florida to interview Smith, who had been charged with first degree murder in connection with two homicides that had occurred in Ontario. One of the officers notified Smith of his right to counsel, and the caution contained specific information about the toll-free number that was available for the purpose of putting the accused “in contact with a legal aid duty counsel for free legal advice right now.” At this point, Smith indicated that he wished to call that number and consult with duty counsel.

this is taken straight from my text book but is cited from www.justice.gc.ca

I wonder if we will see any fet photo's on the 6 oclock news. Lol

I am so pizzed off at those freaks. They were blatantly talking about raping and killing. Where I come from it's a crime to rape and harm others. Lots of warning signs with those two.

Has our tolerance and sensitivity to these perversions been increased to the point of not reporting such talk and photos? It's pretty messed, and at least one innocent life has been lost for it. :furious:

I understand the concern, and I'm sick about Noelle's death, but I think we have to guard against knee-jerk reactions. There are 52,675 people on fetlife alone who self-describe themselves as having a rape kink. Broaden it to "rough sex" and there are almost twice as many.

I randomly clicked on a kinkster with a rape fetish and I'm not going to try to quantify the degree of deviance between A and B, but she had posted pictures of welts and genitals and scary-looking toys and all of that. While it doesn't appeal to you and most of the vanilla world, I think the material the two perps posted is not that unusual.

Rape is a pretty common fetish/fantasy and fantasizing and roleplaying are not crimes. Realistically, how would you single out who you're going to (arrest/monitor/... ?)... and what would you do with them?

I'm very curious about how MM & TB's screen names for FetLife were discovered.

I understand the concern, and I'm sick about Noelle's death, but I think we have to guard against knee-jerk reactions. There are 52,675 people on fetlife alone who self-describe themselves as having a rape kink. Broaden it to "rough sex" and there are almost twice as many.

I randomly clicked on a kinkster with a rape fetish and I'm not going to try to quantify the degree of deviance between A and B, but she had posted pictures of welts and genitals and scary-looking toys and all of that. While it doesn't appeal to you and most of the vanilla world, I think the material the two perps posted is not that unusual.

Rape is a pretty common fetish/fantasy and fantasizing and roleplaying are not crimes. Realistically, how would you single out who you're going to (arrest/monitor/... ?)... and what would you do with them?

I stated that before as well. The pictures are pretty tame considering the type of people they were. That is nothing to what is out there in this sick world.

"vanilla" LOL.. Never heard the term until 50 shades.

sorry if this has been touched on again but I believe the 4 am thing was the last time her cell phone was used around the area of vidal street tim hortons.
The above my own mom told me as she works with a girl who was at the party and friends with NP but then again it is hear say, but its possible that is where that part of the timeline stemmed from

also about the Taxi's in sarnia, some of them use a GPS if they are"new" or whatever to driving cabs. that is from my experience

Sorry, who's cell phone was used at 4 am? Noelle's or Tanya's?

I'm very curious about how MM & TB's screen names for FetLife were discovered.

I am just guessing...but once you look at their FB pictures you can then go and scan pictures, using certain software, that will bring up their pictures at different sites.

(from the above chatham daily news article)
"That violence that brought us together, the first day we met face to face he raped me outside in the rain."

I should NOT have read that with a mouthfull of food. I gagged so hard....

Those are the quotes JustinH posted on here (and others too). These are the most incriminating quotes in terms of possibly premeditating the kidnap and rape of someone outside of their own personal fetish sex life. I'm pretty sure the reporter got the info from here and that's ok.

About taking screen shots. I think it's a good thing to do in these cases. During the Rafferty trial, a screen shot taken by an online blogger was used as evidence of one of Michael Raffery's profiles (facebook I think). In his case, his profiles were likely closed by friends at his request. It could be the case with him (MM) too although his lawyer would also do this. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova