Canada - Numerous pedestrians struck by van near Yonge and Finch, Toronto, Apr 2018 *guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
rbbm.
https://www.cp24.com/news/nine-dead-16-injured-after-van-strikes-pedestrians-in-north-york-1.3898123
York Street will be closed in both directions between Front and Harbour streets and there will be no access to York Street from Lake Shore Boulevard. Bremner Boulevard will be closed between York and Lower Simcoe streets in both directions. Bay Street will also be blocked off southbound between Front Street and Lake Shore Boulevard.

Enhanced security will also be implemented inside the arena during the game
Speaking outside of Earl Haig Secondary School after the incident, Mayor John Tory asked businesses in the area to close for the day noting that there will be major disruptions to the area in the coming days to accommodate a police investigation.

“I want to assure people that the city is in safe hands,” Tory said. “We’re asking people who live here or work here please do not come to this area if you are not already here. The police and the other first responders have a lot of work to do on a very complicated investigation and it just helps them with the task in front of them if people are not in this area.”

“We are asking that all of the businesses and buildings that are office buildings would in an ordinarily fashion close those businesses for the remainder of the day.”

Additional safety measures, including road closures around Maple Leaf Square and the Air Canada Centre will be implemented for Monday night’s Toronto Maple Leafs playoff game at home.

This is so close to my heart. I lived most of my life in Toronto and grew up in Willowdale, in the Yonge and Finch area.
I was stunned when I first heard of this. My thoughts are with the victims, their families and all others that are affected by this tragedy.

Don't usually source from FB, but ...

The problem we're having here is that an individual with the same surname and first name spelled Alex (not Alek) who lives in Richmond Hill is saying ABC, NBC and CBC have the wrong person.
Exactly, though the FB guy goes to a different college, not Seneca.
I'm thinking if Alek had a FB account, he might have deleted it.

At the presser just airing, TPS Chief says Alek Minassian, 25, appears to live in Richmond Hill.

Go ahead with the accused as Alek (but NOT Alex who coincidentally also lives in Richmond Hill).

Reminder:

Excerpt from: The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals:
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

•Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
•Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
•Paraphrasing is okay.
•Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
•Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
•If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Live update from CTV: https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId...eNum=1#_gus&_gucid=&_gup=twitter&_gsc=6hcqDNV
Update from Toronto Police Service Chief Mark Saunders: Arrested male is Alex MINASSIAN, 25 of Richmond.
https://twitter.com/TorontoPolice/status/988570951116668928

We have MSM and TPS giving 2 different spellings of the first name. Try to be patient until this somehow gets clarified.

(Obviously it's not the guy on FB who is currently posting that MSM has it wrong).

ETA: On CTV News, Chief Saunders just spelled it out as "Alex". ???? :blush:

Alert

I have many many tabs and windows open.
One of them was a FB page for Alek M. there was NOTHING on that page, no likes, no photos, no location, NO profile image, etc.

I went back to that page to close it, but before doing so I refreshed the page, and to my SURPRISE, now it has the Linkedin picture! :eek:hwow:

I guess it's all fake, and someone is playing games.

https://www.facebook.com/alek.minassian.94

Update: now the page is gone, someone must have reported it. :)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/pedestrians-struck-white-van-1.4631564
Live

[h=1]10 dead, 15 injured as pedestrians struck 'one after one' in north Toronto van attack[/h][h=2]Alek Minassian, 25, is the alleged driver in the attack, CBC News has confirmed[/h] Last Updated: 5 minutes ago
Alek Minassian, 25, is the suspect in the Toronto van attack that killed 10 people and injured 15 others. (Alek Minassian/LinkedIn)
attachment.php

Meanwhile, the head of the Toronto Police Association said it is bringing in counsellors for officers who responded to the attack.

"Nobody's seen anything like this. I've been in policing for 30 years, we've never seen this and again, unfortunately, this is the new world order and we're very concerned about it," Mike McCormack said.

Attachments

• alek-minassian-toronto-van-crash.jpg
    alek-minassian-toronto-van-crash.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 214
We have MSM and TPS giving 2 different spellings of the first name. Try to be patient until this somehow gets clarified.

(Obviously it's not the guy on FB who is currently posting that MSM has it wrong).

ETA: On CTV News, Chief Saunders just spelled it out as "Alex". ???? :blush:

Someone else could be posting on fb for the accused. This is ridiculous- LE has twice provided the name of the accused. The chief even spelled it. Even though it’s TPS, Imo we should take them at face value.

Will remove this post, just wondering if above pic from CBC is okay?

It's okay dotr ... we'll have to go with MSM and if they're wrong in the long-run, we'll deal with it then.

Mercedes Stephenson on CTV news saying her sources say Minassian was NOT known to Toronto Police.

Wow. He was pointing whatever was in his hand right at the officer and not following orders. I’m amazed they were able to arrest him without shooting him.

Yes,
He obviously was trying to get the policeman to shoot him. Classic suicide by cop attempt by the driver of the van.

I cannot believe the LE officer had restraint and did not shoot him. Congrats to the LE officer. He probably was close enough to see that it was either just a cell phone or a fake gun or something. And he didnt let the van driver rope him into something that would have bothered him for years to come.

I used to have a hard time realizing what people were saying about suicide victims being selfish and this is a classic case of how selfish it would have been of the van driver. He would have made that policeman feel really bad and would have impacted him for years. The van driver was very selfish and didnt care what it would do to the policman's mental ability to cope when taking someones life. I am very sure most officers dont enjoy killing people.

Video below.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/pedestrians-struck-white-van-1.4631564

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa D.