Canada, Ontario, Oshawa - Adam Odette wanted in stabbing death of Katie Kainz(

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Tadpole12

Reaction score

VIOLENT PAST: Adam Odette, man wanted in stabbing death of Katie Kainz, served 331 days in jail related to Oshawa stabbing 2 years ago. Here's what we uncovered about his numerous arrests​

Odette was on probation and had a weapons prohibition at time of stabbing of Kainz and second woman March 12​

March 16, 2023

"Adam Odette, 37, is wanted for second-degree murder and attempted murder in a double stabbing that took place March 12 at a home on Simcoe Street in Oshawa."

Murdered woman’s brother ‘broken’ over stabbing death of Katie Kainz​

A Canada-wide warrant has been issued for a 37-year-old man who is wanted for the stabbing death of Katie Kainz and the stabbing of another woman.​

March 15, 2023

"“I’m learning I didn’t know my sister as well as I thought I did. I thought she was this cute little humble girl. I didn’t know she volunteered at homeless shelters and kitchens and in the place where she was murdered, she was helping a young woman taking care of her baby because she had postpartum. She was leaving work and she was going there at night and my mom kept telling her it’s not a good area. She (Katie) said, ‘I know, but this person needs help.’

“She went to school to be a drug and addictions counsellor because she wanted to help people,” said Dasti.

Kainz graduated from Sir Sandford Fleming College in Peterborough with a degree as a mental health and drug addictions worker and Dasti said that’s the work she was dedicated to."

Canada-wide arrest warrant issued for Adam Odette in Oshawa double stabbing​

March 15, 2023

""Investigators are urging Odette to contact counsel and turn himself into police,” reads a statement. “Anyone who is found to be assisting Odette to evade police is guilty of an offence under the Criminal Code of Canada and will be prosecuted to the full extent.”

Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Thorne of the Major Crimes Homicide Unit at 1-888-579-1520 ext. 5223.

You can also call Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or click here."

Last edited:

Oshawa man with LEGENDARY tattooed across his forehead wanted for murder
March 15, 2023

"Police did not provide a description of Odette's appearance in the release, but did include two photos, both showing distinct markings on the suspect's body — one of them, the word "legendary" tattooed across his upper forehead.

Anyone who recognizes the man pictured or who has information that could assist the investigation is asked to contact Det. Thorne of the DRPS Major Crimes Homicide Unit at 1-888-579-1520 ext. 5223 or contact Crime Stoppers anonymously.

"Tipsters may be eligible for a $2,000 cash reward," note police at the bottom of their release"

Last edited:
Tears are pouring down my face and pooling on the screen of my ipad.
I pray that Adam Odette will soon be apprehended or that he will have the courage to turn himself in.

March 23, 2023

"Police are reissuing calls to help locate an Oshawa, Ont. man wanted on a Canada-wide warrant after allegedly stabbing two women – one, fatally – earlier this month.

A release issued by Durham police Thursday reminded the public that anyone found to be assisting 37-year-old Adam Odette to evade police could be found criminally responsible and “prosecuted to the full extent.”

“Accessory After the Fact to Murder is an indictable offence and any person convicted can face up to life in prison,” the release reads."

March 28, 2023

"And just to show you it’s not all about Toronto, the centre of the known universe, we give you Adam Odette."

"The 37-year-old Oshawa man is wanted on a Canada-wide warrant for the grisly stabbing murder of social worker Katie Kainz, 26. Another woman was also seriously injured in the bizarre rampage.
But compared to the others, Odette is a rock star. He has a tattoo on his forehead informing all and sundry that he is, in fact, “Legendary.”
At the time of the Kainz murder, he was out on probation for assault causing bodily harm.
None of the charges against any of the above-mentioned suspects has been proven in court."

March 29, 2023

"The Kingston Police have been asked by Durham Regional Police to inform the community of an Oshawa man who is wanted on a Canada Wide Warrant.

Adam Odette, 37 years of age, is wanted for second-degree murder and attempted murder, and Kingston Police noted that this individual has, on previous occasions, attended the Kingston area."

April 5, 2023

"An Oshawa man wanted on a Canada-wide-warrant in connection with the fatal stabbing of Katie Kainz last month has been taken into custody.
Police say that Adam Odette was arrested late Tuesday night after an individual spotted him hiding in the stairwell of a residential building near Wilson and Rossland roads and called 911.
Police say that officers attended the scene and set up a perimeter, eventually arresting Odette “without incident” a short time later after he was observed
Odette has been charged with second-degree murder and attempted murder in connection with the stabbing of two women at an address on Simcoe Street on March 12.
Both women were rushed to hospital but Kainz was later pronounced dead.
Police say that the other woman sustained “serious life-altering injuries.”
The women were acquaintances of Odette, according to investigators. It is not believed that there was any dating history between Odette and either of the women."

Last edited:

April 5, 2023

"Odette has been charged with second-degree murder and attempted murder."

""The anonymous caller had seen the wanted man’s photo in the news and recognized him.
“This has been a whole of service response and every tip was followed up on. This one here proved to be the one we needed,” Chief Peter Moreira said at a news conference Wednesday. “It goes to show the importance of community partnerships, the public being aware of what is happening and communities staying informed and engaged.”
“This is a success story from what was a negative event that happened in our community,” he added."

Last edited:

April 5, 2023

"Police identified Odette as a suspect within days of Kainz’s murder and made several public appeals for information about his whereabouts, at one point releasing photographs showing a distinctive tattoo on his forehead of the word “legendary.”

Moreira said that “numerous tips” came through as a result, ultimately leading to Tuesday night’s arrest.

“I do want to thank our 911 operators that day in, day out are taking many of these calls and triaging them. It is through their hard work that we were able to set up a perimeter as quickly as we did,” he said.

Few details have been released about the homicide and Moreira told reporters on Wednesday that the investigation is “far from over.”

Police also say that they believe that members of the community had direct contact with Odette in the weeks following the murder and are still interested in speaking with those people, including an individual who was seen in Odette’s company prior to his arrest on Tuesday."

Last edited:

April 5, 2023

"Odette remains in custody and an investigation continues. One aspect of the case police are looking at is how Odette managed to evade arrest for weeks.
“We know that Odette was in the company of other individuals,” a statement read. “We are requesting that those witnesses come forward and speak with police.”"

glad they got him - thanks to the person (people?) who called it in

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926