Canada - police investigating fourth homicide within 3 weeks, issue caution, Sarnia Ont, 27 Jan 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
Sarnia, Ont. police investigating fourth homicide in less than 3 weeks, issue caution to the public
''LONDON, ONT. -- Sarnia police say a death in the city has been deemed suspicious and is being treated as a homicide, making it the fourth homicide in January within the border community.''

''To put the number of murders into perspective in 2020 London had a total of four homicides for the entire year. London has a population more than four times that of Sarnia.

Police issue caution and reassurance to the public

In a statement Sarnia police say they want to reassure the public that officers and detectives have been using all available resources and personnel to solve these recent crimes.

Police “would like to remind home owners to secure their doors and windows, that exterior lights are on and operational, and that people contact the Sarnia police if anyone suspicious is observed in the area.”

The public is also reminded to check on elderly family members that live alone.

Three other cases to date

On Sunday, Sarnia police announced the death of a 66-year-old Sue Elin Lumsden inside her Essex Street home.''

rbbm.
Sarnia rattled by second at-home homicide in four days | Toronto Sun
''Sarnia rattled by second at-home homicide in four days
Police advising citizens to ensure houses are secure and to check on elderly relatives who live alone''
''Police in Sarnia, where residents are already rattled by the weekend slaying of a senior citizen, announced late Tuesday another death they’re treating as a homicide – and repeated their unusual call to ensure homes are locked and secure.
Days after the still-unsolved slaying of 66-year-old Sue Elin Lumsden, Sarnia police said early Tuesday afternoon they found a man dead inside a Devine Street home. No other details were given.''
''But police doubled down on their advice to citizens to ensure doors and windows are locked, that exterior lights are on and working, and for people to contact police if anyone suspicious is seen.
They also advised that people should check on elderly relatives who live alone.''

Sarnia police investigating women's death as a homicide | London Free Press
''Lumsden, who lived alone, moved into her home about two decades ago, and volunteered at Sarnia’s hospital and the humane society, Pearson said.

Operations manager Nicole King said Lumsden was a board member with the humane society about 15 years ago.

“A huge volunteer and also she was a huge animal supporter,” King said.

Pearson and others in the neighbourhood said Lumsden often was seen walking her dog, but had been dealing with an illness for several years.

She was quiet and friendly, Pearson said.''

Last edited:
apparently there's been arrests in the first two cases - and there's also been an arrest of a woman in another stabbing case where the victim is recovering

Sarnia man facing first degree murder charge in city's second homicide of the year

Sarnia man facing first degree murder charge in city's second homicide of the year

Man charged with 2nd-degree murder in Sarnia man's killing

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/sarnia-police-murder-1.5871073

Suspect arrested in Sarnia stabbing that left man seriously injured

Suspect arrested in Sarnia stabbing that left man seriously injured

Jan 27 2021 rbbm.
Police ID Devine St. murder victim, seek public’s help in two investigations
''Sarnia police have identified the victim in the city’s most recent homicide.

Police said Wednesday afternoon that Allen Schairer, 62, of Sarnia is the man found dead Tuesday at a residence in the 500 block of Devine Street.

Police also said they’re asking for further help from the public as they investigate that homicide and the death of Sue Elin Lumsden, 66, that was reported January 23 in the 200 block of Essex Street.''

''Residents are also being asked to search their properties for any piece of identification belonging to Sue Elin Lumsden. If something is found, police say don’t touch it and immediately call the police service.

Police said they’re dedicating all resources and personnel to solving the crimes, and they want anyone who sees something or someone suspicious to contact the Criminal Investigations Branch Information Line at 519-344-8861, extension 5300, or Sarnia-Lambton Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.''

rbbm.
Sarnia police seek 'armed and dangerous' suspect in city's fourth homicide of year | Toronto Sun

Noah Elijah Brown, 28, is wanted by Sarnia police in the homicide investigation of 62-year-old Allen Schairer.
Global News
''Sarnia police have arrested one suspect and are hunting for a second in connection with the recent slaying of a 62-year-old man.

The homicide investigation, the fourth in the city already in 2021, was launched after police found the body of Allen Schairer in a Devine Street home Tuesday afternoon.''
''He’s believed to be armed and dangerous and police were asking members of the public with information on Brown’s whereabouts not to approach him but to call Sarnia police at 519-344-8861, extension 0, or 911.''

rbbm.
Sarnia police seek 'armed and dangerous' suspect in city's fourth homicide of year | Toronto Sun

Noah Elijah Brown, 28, is wanted by Sarnia police in the homicide investigation of 62-year-old Allen Schairer.
Global News
''Sarnia police have arrested one suspect and are hunting for a second in connection with the recent slaying of a 62-year-old man.

The homicide investigation, the fourth in the city already in 2021, was launched after police found the body of Allen Schairer in a Devine Street home Tuesday afternoon.''
''He’s believed to be armed and dangerous and police were asking members of the public with information on Brown’s whereabouts not to approach him but to call Sarnia police at 519-344-8861, extension 0, or 911.''

not found yet?

Second suspect arrested in Devine Street homicide - The Sarnia Journal
January 28, 2021
''The second suspect in a Devine Street murder has been arrested, police say.

Noah Elijah Brown, 28, was arrested today and faces first-degree murder charges in the death of a Sarnia man on Jan. 26. He is the second person in custody related to the incident.

Joshua William Tomlinson, 35 years of age, of Sarnia, was arrested Wednesday and charged with first-degree murder.

It’s still unclear if the homicide on Devine Street is connected to another murder that occurred on Essex Street on Jan. 24, Sarnia Police Chief Norm Hansen said today.

On Saturday, a woman was found dead in her Essex Street home. Police are treating the death of 66-year-old Sue-Elin Lumsden as a homicide.''

This is happening in my area, I hope they arrest someone soon.
I pray they do as well. Poor lady all she wanted to do is walk her dog, and volunteer.

Not just exterior lights, but motion sensors help. They sell clubs that fit up to your door know. So after you lock it really helps. Any windows you have just my suggestion add decorative knickknacks that will make noise to wake you.

If you have a basement with windows put a toolbox or anything real heavy on the ledge. These criminals we say here if your head and shoulders fit they're in. So sorry you have to worry. Nobody wants to live this way, but it's reality. Heck, my skylight has bars across it. They'll come through the roof.

Change up the daily routine sometimes too. Peace. Stay safe.

Sarnia police plead for information in Essex Street homicide
image.jpg

Sue Elin Lumsden, 66, is seen in this photo released by the Sarnia Police Service.

''MIDDLESEX CENTRE, ONT. -- Sarnia police are asking the public for help as they search for those responsible for the death of 66-year-old Sue Elin Lumsden.

Lumsden was found dead in her home in the 200 block of Essex Street on Jan. 23.

As detectives continue their investigation, police say they "believe that someone has information that could assist in solving this heinous crime."

''Sarnia Lambton Crimes Stoppers is offering a $4,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest of anyone involved in Lumsden's. They can be reaced at 1-800-222-8477.''

Possibly someone this nice lady met through volunteering?

Anybody in casual passing she may have mentioned she lived alone?

I'm hoping her beloved dog is O.K. Just personal rant. Why do police have to remind people with families to check in on them? Independent or not call your Gram, Aunt, Brother. Yeah, I'm my mom's personal caregiver. IF I can go anywhere more than six hours I call my brothers. The one won't stop calling her from work. Thankfully. Plus can be here in ten minutes.

If we're both knocked over the head I know two friends who would call 911. They know my habits. DD does call my mom once a week and daily txt me. However if I was dead up in here it'd take her two weeks to maybe think "Hey they ain't answering"

Sorry for rant. Just check. Call. Maybe they broke a hip and need insulin or groceries. Worse case scenario this lovely lady murdered in the place she felt safe.

I have read that her dog passed away a few months ago. It sounds like she was friendly with a few of her neighbours and that why the one lady went to check on her. Very sad and seniors who live in the city are very frightened.

Theobserver.remembering.ca

Miss Lumsden's obituary is there. Such a vivacious woman. Stunningly gorgeous as they have a photo of her younger years. Friends also shared photos.

Hate to ask, but could she be a victim of those listed over on the serial killer forum?

Will there be a page set up here on Web Sleuth for ideas etc? Sorry I don't know how that works or who decides to do this.

Will there be a page set up here on Web Sleuth for ideas etc? Sorry I don't know how that works or who decides to do this.
Welcome to Ws JoyMBee!
You can post ideas about the case on this thread, just add to your post that you are "speculating'' or asserting your own opinion (IMO) if you do not include a news link.

Possibly someone this nice lady met through volunteering?

Anybody in casual passing she may have mentioned she lived alone?

I'm hoping her beloved dog is O.K. Just personal rant. Why do police have to remind people with families to check in on them? Independent or not call your Gram, Aunt, Brother. Yeah, I'm my mom's personal caregiver. IF I can go anywhere more than six hours I call my brothers. The one won't stop calling her from work. Thankfully. Plus can be here in ten minutes.

If we're both knocked over the head I know two friends who would call 911. They know my habits. DD does call my mom once a week and daily txt me. However if I was dead up in here it'd take her two weeks to maybe think "Hey they ain't answering"

Sorry for rant. Just check. Call. Maybe they broke a hip and need insulin or groceries. Worse case scenario this lovely lady murdered in the place she felt safe.

One possible way that these seniors are being targeted is being spotted at the grocery store with no wedding bands, meaning they are widows or widowers and likely live alone. The victims can then be followed to their homes. I've read that some seniors will continue wearing wedding bands due to this reason. IMO, this could be a way the seniors are being targeted.

One possible way that these seniors are being targeted is being spotted at the grocery store with no wedding bands, meaning they are widows or widowers and likely live alone. The victims can then be followed to their homes. I've read that some seniors will continue wearing wedding bands due to this reason. IMO, this could be a way the seniors are being targeted.
Never heard or thought about the wedding ring angle before, one thing that has occurred to me is if a senior (or anyone really) looks like they may need certain medications, a sleaze-bag might target them for drugs. imo, speculation.

Never heard or thought about the wedding ring angle before, one thing that has occurred to me is if a senior (or anyone really) looks like they may need certain medications, a sleaze-bag might target them for drugs. imo, speculation.

Yep, never heard of the wedding band angle either. Jewelry, cash, pharmaceuticals. Absolutely. They'd roll their own granny some of these creeps.

The grocery store is a huge one.though. carjacking. Oh and the PURSE! Makes me a nervous wreck elderly ladies with the purse. They'll break your arm, shoulder or worse. Than they have your life. Addy, keys, SS#, ATM card, and more. So while getting a broken rib or hip fixed they combed your house, and wiped out your credit cards.

Not in this case obviously. Infuriates me people who prey on the elderly.

I think most (older) widowers continue wearing their wedding rings. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fat Cinnamon
Back