Canada - Robert White for building dungeon in kidnap plot, Pickering, Ont, 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That is so creepy. I wonder what else, if anything, they found, because they think it was for confinement.

My honest first thought was drug trafficking. If somebody had millions of dollars worth of drugs they would probably want to lock it up like Ft Knox too.

I like that thought better than a dungeon. :toocreepy:

I agree, except I don't believe it was a million dollar operation. Anything that big would have a more secure, more expensive, less suspicious location.

I think it was one or two individuals who decided this was a good place to start a small marijuana grow-up. Not the professional kind we read about where an entire house is rented for huge numbers of plants, but an amateur one.

Back in the 70s, I was acquainted with a couple of people who did the same thing in their basements. Only a few plants were started and then, either used for their own consumption or transplanted outdoors when they were big enough.

The bench would have been to place the potted seeds/small plants on. The locks were to keep people out and the window covered to prevent anyone from looking in and to keep the light contained to the room. The water was for ... well, watering them. Light and water is pretty much all they need. The chains look identical to what I saw back then that held the hanging grow lamp. They looked similar to this and were purchased separately from the stand you see here:

2%27grow-light-system.gif

Of course, they would have needed either electricity or a small generator to work the light. It wouldn't take much.

Why would they leave the water bottles, but not a bucket or something for human waste? No evidence of anything really to show human occupancy. I think LE and the media jumped to conclusions too quickly. It's exciting and dramatic to think this room was used to hold a captive, but I'm more likely to believe that it was a small-time grow-op.

JMO

ETA: Another thing that I saw decades ago: If the plants were left to grow to a large size (several feet), indoors or out, the chains for the grow light were used on which to hang the harvested plants upside down to dry. But since this room hadn't been there very long before the fire, I don't think it ever came to that here.

Oshawa man arrested in connection with Pickering confinement room

http://www.thestar.com/news/article...nnection-with-pickering-confinement-room?bn=1

A 44-year-old Oshawa man has been arrested in connection with the construction of confinement room discovered in an abandoned Pickering farmhouse last year.

Robert Edwin White has been charged with breaking and entering with intent.

In a press release, Durham police said they believe the suspect is responsible for building the confinement room with intention to use it for criminal purposes. Police did not elaborate.

Durham police also said there was no proof the room had been used to confine someone.

Oshawa man arrested in connection with Pickering confinement room

http://www.thestar.com/news/article...nnection-with-pickering-confinement-room?bn=1

A 44-year-old Oshawa man has been arrested in connection with the construction of confinement room discovered in an abandoned Pickering farmhouse last year.

Robert Edwin White has been charged with breaking and entering with intent.

In a press release, Durham police said they believe the suspect is responsible for building the confinement room with intention to use it for criminal purposes. Police did not elaborate.

Durham police also said there was no proof the room had been used to confine someone.

I wonder if LE is still trying to get evidence for an arson charge for this guy, or was it just a coincidence. Hoping to get more info about this case during his trial.

It would be quite interesting to know what his criminal history, if any, looks like. Might give us a clue as to what his intents were for that confinement room.

Thier not confinement rooms .I have not read anything on this yet but before i do I can just about guarantee that these rooms your talking about are simply built for cold storage to keep meat mostly not the human variety .When you buy meat here in canada you don't go to the grocery story and buy a few steak .You buy half a cow .like a hundred or a few hundred pounds worth of meat and freeze it all .It's way cheaper and just how we crazy canucks do things up here go big or go home we say ..EH.

Thier not confinement rooms .I have not read anything on this yet but before i do I can just about guarantee that these rooms your talking about are simply built for cold storage to keep meat mostly not the human variety .When you buy meat here in canada you don't go to the grocery story and buy a few steak .You buy half a cow .like a hundred or a few hundred pounds worth of meat and freeze it all .It's way cheaper and just how we crazy canucks do things up here go big or go home we say ..EH.

I'm Canadian and I've never bought half a cow in my life. Neither has anyone else I know. And why would you break and enter an abandoned house to build storage for it - and without refrigeration yet? Probably no electricity either to support refrigeration. A generator would power a few lights, but that kind of cold storage would take a lot more power.

From The Star article quoted:

"Police said they believe White constructed, and intended to use, the so-called confinement room for criminal activity."

JMO

Seriously, not unless you live in Kalmagooo Igoo. I am Canadian and buy per dinner.
That room in That house is nothing but down right creepy!

While police say they have determined what kind of crime the room was intended for, they would not discuss the matter publicly because of the potential to affect the victim or victims involved.

Whoa....now I'm thinking he was going to do something very bad to someone. I don't think he was going to grow pot in there.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...ect-court-120216/20120216/?hub=TorontoNewHome

Yep, it seems my theory was wrong. There also wouldn't be a publication ban if it had been just a small grow-op plan. He could admit to that and get not much more than parole.

I wonder since he never actually carried out whatever nefarious plot he had in mind, if they can convict him of anything other than B&E. Maybe arson, if they can get evidence of it. But for sure LE will be keeping a close eye on this guy.

JMO

He was charged with intent to commit a crime -- depending on the details of what the crime was that they think he was going to commit - they probably can and will get a conviction on this. I think they are REALLY worried about the intended victim or victims and are going to do whatever they can to keep this guy behind bars for as long as possible. His next court appearance is now scheduled for Tuesday of next week -- apparently it will be a bail hearing. This was originally scheduled for yesterday, but his lawyer had it adjourned. It was then going to happen today, but his lawyer had it moved to next week.

I know some people who buy half a cow, but I also know many who purchase as they want it from the local grocery store. If someone buys half a cow, they keep it in a deep freezer at home, not in an abandoned farm house with no electricity that was doomed for possible demolition....

Wonder if this guy knew when the house was set to be destroyed and therefore built a sex dungeon (my speculation as to the purpose of the dungeon)? What if he was part of the surveyors on the scene prior to its construction?

Thank you all for posting updates. I'm really glad they caught this guy. I wonder how far he lived from the dungeon. What his job is. & for sure wan't to know priors. Imo. It could be a grow room but it was awfully whitewshed & imo you wouldn't need to have doors & locks to keep the plants in confinement. To keep someone out for sure but to make the room secure from the inside I don't know...

You said you hadn't read anything yet. I suggest you do because this was not a cold storage room. Oh and I am Canadian and I don't buy hundred pounds meat to freeze. :what:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanamburga
Back