Canada - Robert White for building dungeon in kidnap plot, Pickering, Ont, 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1131700--confinement-room-suspect-held-after-court-appearance

White lives in a modest bungalow in a quiet Oshawa neighbourhood where the streets are named after British poets and playwrights. Neighbours, who were shocked and distressed to hear about the charges, said White moved in nearly a year ago with his girlfriend and her preteen daughter. The house sits directly across from a junior public school.

OMG! Thank God he was caught. Hopefully there were no victims but it creeps me out knowing there are so many young women missing from Toronto area. Yes I realize Toronto is hours away but I can't shake that awful feeling that this guy may have had other "dungeons".

I hope they question his girlfriend!!!

Thank you all for posting updates. I'm really glad they caught this guy. I wonder how far he lived from the dungeon. What his job is. & for sure wan't to know priors. Imo. It could be a grow room but it was awfully whitewshed & imo you wouldn't need to have doors & locks to keep the plants in confinement. To keep someone out for sure but to make the room secure from the inside I don't know...

What I don't get are the windows. Why have them? There was also video equipment found at the location. To set up as surveillance or to document something?

He lives in Oshawa in an area with streets named after poets and writers, I think was disclosed. I did some sleuthing and came up with a possible location. Not 100% sure of course. His route to the farmhouse would be fairly straightforward, if I'm thinking of his proper home location. His job has not been disclosed and I've been looking.

What I don't get are the windows. Why have them? There was also video equipment found at the location. To set up as surveillance or to document something?

He lives in Oshawa in an area with streets named after poets and writers, I think was disclosed. I did some sleuthing and came up with a possible location. Not 100% sure of course. His route to the farmhouse would be fairly straightforward, if I'm thinking of his proper home location. His job has not been disclosed and I've been looking.

(BBM)

Since the room was constructed within the basement of the house, I think the windows were pre-existent. I don't believe he built them, just reinforced them or covered them up.

"Because the dungeon was in the basement ... "

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...-room-burns-to-the-ground-in-suspicious-fire/

I couldn't find any direct media reports that there was video equipment found there. Is there a link for this, please?

I also found the probable location of where the accused lived. It goes to show how inaccurate (albeit irrelevantly, in this case) the media can be. Those streets were named after one Victorian novelist (not poet or playwright) and characters and places from one of his novels. Other streets nearby are named after mythical places and characters. It's kind of disheartening that so-called journalists could be so ignorant of classic literature.

"White lives in a modest bungalow in a quiet Oshawa neighbourhood where the streets are named after British poets and playwrights."

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1131700--confinement-room-suspect-held-after-court-appearance

Everything about this story is bizarre and disturbing, but what I find puzzling is that the room looked freshly painted white. Why bother?

JMO

OMG! Thank God he was caught. Hopefully there were no victims but it creeps me out knowing there are so many young women missing from Toronto area. Yes I realize Toronto is hours away but I can't shake that awful feeling that this guy may have had other "dungeons".

I hope they question his girlfriend!!!

It's actually not that far from Toronto. Depending on which part of Toronto makes a difference, but from the centre of the city (Yonge & Bloor), the farmhouse was approximately a 45 minute drive - even less from more eastern sections. If we're right about the accused's home address, he was about the same distance from the farmhouse - just from the east instead of the west.

If there wasn't any electricity to the house perhaps the windows were to let in light so he could make videos, the walls freshly painted white might have been to help reflect the light from the windows and make it lighter. Very, very creepy. I'm thinking Le must have found evidence in his home, perhaps on his pc to give them an idea of what he was up to. You'd have to have some pretty good evidence to charge someone with " intent" to do anything IMO.

It's actually not that far from Toronto. Depending on which part of Toronto makes a difference, but from the centre of the city (Yonge & Bloor), the farmhouse was approximately a 45 minute drive - even less from more eastern sections. If we're right about the accused's home address, he was about the same distance from the farmhouse - just from the east instead of the west.

You're right...it's less than an hour away.

Thank you all for posting updates. I'm really glad they caught this guy. I wonder how far he lived from the dungeon. What his job is. & for sure wan't to know priors. Imo. It could be a grow room but it was awfully whitewshed & imo you wouldn't need to have doors & locks to keep the plants in confinement. To keep someone out for sure but to make the room secure from the inside I don't know...

If it was meant to be used as a grow op police would have released that info. Police have not released what it was to be used for because of the impact it would have on the victim(s). Grow ops do not usually involve victims.

Pickering where the dungeon was built to Oshawa is about 20-40 mins depending on traffic, and which end of Oshawa the suspect lives in. I can't recall his specific address but it was published at the time of his arrest.

<mod snip> .I however was around familly who owned and made a living as farmers and when you get a few hundred dollars off because you buy the whole side of a cow or pig or whatever animal it happens to be this becomes what my family does quite reguarly. It's mainly to save money because you can store them for a long time .If you like to buy your steak/meat by going to the super market and getting one steak at a time by all means go nuts .My family and relatives and the people that get the oppertunity to buy your meat this way is way more practical .You can't just go to the grocery store and order this you have to know someone or have a familly menber that is able to sell it this way because thier in the farming buisness its a huge discount and the way it's done here where i live and with family and other local farmers...As for the the so called dungeon It is very common when you purchase a older house exspecially if your in the farming buisness .I dont know the specifics on this guy but that dont change anything i said there very common where i come from.. <mod snip>

Another point of intrest for me will be his computer forensics
. There should be good info as to what here was/is in to. It might show "how t grow weed at home" or "how to keep a sex slave" r "how to get away with..." jmo
I might have missed it but do we have his profession yet?

I can't any info about his profession, Rob White is a pretty common name.

<mod snip> .I however was around familly who owned and made a living as farmers and when you get a few hundred dollars off because you buy the whole side of a cow or pig or whatever animal it happens to be this becomes what my family does quite reguarly. It's mainly to save money because you can store them for a long time .If you like to buy your steak/meat by going to the super market and getting one steak at a time by all means go nuts .My family and relatives and the people that get the oppertunity to buy your meat this way is way more practical .You can't just go to the grocery store and order this you have to know someone or have a familly menber that is able to sell it this way because thier in the farming buisness its a huge discount and the way it's done here where i live and with family and other local farmers...As for the the so called dungeon It is very common when you purchase a older house exspecially if your in the farming buisness .I dont know the specifics on this guy but that dont change anything i said there very common where i come from.. <mod snip>

BBM
A building inspector notified police after discovering the room, which was furnished with steel chains hanging from the ceiling, a white bench and four large water jugs.

In this case of a found dungeon, it was allegedly used to confine mentally disabled persons and steal their funds.
http://www.bet.com/news/national/2011/10/19/fourth-arrest-made-in-philadelphia-dungeon-case.html
"Weston, 51, her boyfriend, Gregory Thomas, 47, and their accomplice, Eddie Wright, 49, were arrested over the weekend and face multiple charges, including criminal conspiracy, aggravated assault and kidnapping for confining and mistreating their four victims.

Police believe that the suspects kept the mentally disabled people hostage so they could steal their Social Security checks."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/girl-basement-dungeon-case-held-10-years-burned/story?id=14768875

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...pickering-120214/20120214/?hub=TorontoNewHome
"While police say they have determined what kind of crime the room was intended for, but would not discuss the matter publicly because of the potential to affect the victim or victims involved."

I was thinking of the fresh white paint and how clean and non identifying it would be as photo/video background...
"Neighbours, who were shocked and distressed to hear about the charges, said White moved in nearly a year ago with his girlfriend and her preteen daughter. The house sits directly across from a junior public school".

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...pickering-120214/20120214/?hub=TorontoNewHome
"While police say they have determined what kind of crime the room was intended for, but would not discuss the matter publicly because of the potential to affect the victim or victims involved."

I was thinking of the fresh white paint and how clean and non identifying it would be as photo/video background...
"Neighbours, who were shocked and distressed to hear about the charges, said White moved in nearly a year ago with his girlfriend and her preteen daughter. The house sits directly across from a junior public school".

The intended victims? Im so glad they caught this guy. This is the stuff nightmares are made of.

So not marijuana then? I was hoping other posters were right when they surmised it was for growing/storing drugs, but if the police aren't willing to discuss the nature of the crime because of the potential to affect the victim(s) involved, then I'll bet its a sexual offense.

I'm worried it was intended for his girlfriend's daughter or one of her friends. JMO

Because of the mention of his home being across from a junior public school, I would venture this has everything to do with a sex crime about to happen. JMO We know how media tries to slyly add info about cases when there is a publication ban.

Wow, this story is creepy. Really creepy.

There's some interesting comments under this article that suggest he may be a contractor: http://www.torontosun.com/2012/02/14/arrest-made-in-pickering-confinement-room-case

(These are comments on the Toronto Sun website, so not exactly the most stellar source of information. But, still... the names and story seem legit)

Wow, just read the comments. If true, it's not a safe way to vent online for the person posting the info.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainsilversquirrel
Back