CANADA - shooter in RCMP vehicle and uniform, 23 killed - Portapique, NS *suspect dead*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
rbbm.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/mass-killings-what-we-know-what-we-don-t-1.5537918
''Motive: Leather said it was too early in the investigation to have any sense of what the motive might have been, including whether the COVID-19-related lockdown had any bearing on Wortman's behaviour.

Leather said that for privacy reasons he couldn't discuss Wortman's relationships with the victims, except to say some of them appeared to have no relation to the suspect.

Commissioner Lucki said she believes there was an initial motivation that then turned to randomness.

"We don't know for sure, and we're going to have to do a lot of work on finding the motivation — a lot of background, a lot of profiling-type events and a lot of crime scene processing,
" she said.

She said she doesn't believe terrorism was a factor.''

I believe this is his 'fake' police car (from RCMP Twitter). Was it really fake? There's a dealer's invoice still in the passenger side window? Where did it come from? Where was this picture taken - the police garage? So many questions. Maybe this picture was taken before the crime spree and maybe he stole this car from a police lot somewhere?

EV-CLzcWAAADvWk

RCMP, Nova Scotia on Twitter
I think this comes from his social media.

If you google NS Shooting and select images, you'll see that all the real RCMP cars involved are without antennas on the trunks etc. Other small differences too.

I don’t wish to give you false hope. I understand the stance you are taking.

But, I’m 300 km away in N.S. and last night and throughout the day our cell and internet service has been intermittent.

Throughout this SOE we’ve had some cell/landline/internet service issues. I imagine right now the volume of usage is greater. I’m hoping that is what is causing the delay.

Cell phone service is spotty at the best of times through Bass River and down to Five Houses. Most have land-lines still for that reason. Still holding out hope. Mom's in Amherst. Are you in the Valley? A Caper? Shelburne?

Last edited:
This comes from his social media.

If you google NS Shooting and select images, you'll see that all the real RCMP cars involved are without antennas on the trunks etc. Other small differences too.

Cell phone service is spotty at the best of times through Bass River and down to Five Houses. Most have land-lines still for that reason. Still holding out hope. Mom's in Amherst. Are you in the Valley? A Caper? Shelburne?

Here is a an actual RCMP cruiser from 2019 for comparison(it appears that the car numbers are a different location and font size IMO) just for reference. Also it appears like you said there is no trunk mounted antenna JMO

indeed there appears to be some very subtle differences JMO
IMG_5972-300x225.jpg

The article is not related, just linking it as source for the photo

RCMP car - CityNews Edmonton

I think this comes from his social media.

yes if you compare another photo of a real RCMP car, the differences are obvious

Reporters coming to a consensus that the killer’s name will soon not be mentioned, only the names of the victims will.
This reporter went o school with the killer.

Todd Battis
@battisctv

·
2h

A state of emergency during this pandemic means no funerals. No memorials. No community gatherings. The mourning will be done in isolation. So terribly sad.
@CTVNews

<modsnip: screenshot not allowed>

Last edited by a moderator:
There has been nothing to indicate that he was in any way affiliated with the RCMP or any other LE that I have seen. JMO

He wasn't RCMP; wasn't affiliated either. Apparently he once aspired to join their ranks.

Judging by his (obviously) little Barney Fife article self-published here in Frank, he's had at least one run-in with the law - two if you count the speeding ticket he got on the way to the cottage the day of the incident he writes about here:

http://www.frankmagazine.org/post/car-54-where-are-you

Array of photos sprinkle the bottom of the article.

WARMINGTON: Nova Scotia mass murder evil and calculated

I've already been messaging with a few last evening about some of these details I've underlined, but didn't want to post before they were actually published somewhere, but here they start coming … it's unimaginable.

This wicked killing spree was plotted out to the most intricate detail.
“He’s been planning this for a while,” say police sources. “He had the uniform and two decommissioned police cars.”
But when suspected shooter Gabriel Wortman –killed after being intercepted by officers in Enfield, N.S. — knocked on doors of cars or residences in Nova Scotia’s cottage country, he looked like a Mountie. He had a uniform and squad car.

“They would have trusted him,” said a police source.
“There could be more (murders),” said a police source. “There were burned homes that have not been searched. Officers have been going into homes and finding bodies.”

The first two dead are believed to be 51-year-old Wortman’s “ex (wife or girlfriend) and her new boyfriend,” say police sources.
“The guy went on a rampage (Saturday night) — burning houses and shooting people,” alleged a police source. “He got in to his police car he had made at home and drove around pulling people over and executing them.”

Several houses, including Wortman’s home, were burned and the murder spree included the execution of “a mom and dad in front of their children,” said police source.

An officer said Stevenson rammed her killer’s vehicle on a highway and “he shot her in the chest with a bunch of rounds.”

Evil; I don't care how 'quiet' he was, this was the work of an evil man.

Still holding out hope here on the bold bit.

Thank you Constable Stevenson for your sacrifice; you undoubtedly saved lives with your actions. May your family and RCMP-brethren find comfort in that fact, may their fond memories of you help in their healing and bring them some sense of peace in this tragedy.

Last edited:

I've already been messaging with a few about some of these details and didn't want to post without an official link to a source,but here they start coming …

Thank you Constable Stevenson for your sacrifice; you undoubtedly saved lives with your actions. May your family and RCMP-brethren find comfort in that fact, may their fond memories of you help in their healing and bring them some sense of peace in this tragedy.
Wow, absolutely diabolical. These people never stood a chance, as by the time they figured out he wasn’t a real police officer, he would have been firing.

Reading that, I’d be surprised if the death toll didn’t climb higher. This man didn’t snap, he knew exactly what he was doing.

I've already been messaging with a few last evening about some of these details I've underlined, but didn't want to post before they were actually published somewhere, but here they start coming … it's unimaginable.

Thinking of you and hoping for the best. I’m just left here shaking my head. How does anyone become this evil? Absolutely diabolical as @MassGuy said. One has to wonder, how many “insult/injury collectors” are in our midst? The “Frank” article posted does say something about his resentful, mean nature no matter that people thought he was quiet and nice. So many of these evil creatures fool others :(

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/mass-killing-shooting-victims-remembered-1.5538032
''An elementary school teacher, two health-care workers and an RCMP officer have been identified as among at least 16 victims who died in this weekend's shooting spree in rural Nova Scotia, one of the worst mass killings in Canadian history.''

''Heather O'Brien

Heather O'Brien was a licensed practical nurse, a wife, mother and grandmother. She worked for the Victorian Order of Nurses for nearly 17 years. In a news release Monday, the VON said O'Brien showed a deep caring for others.

Kristen Beaton
Kristen Beaton was a continuing-care assistant and a young wife and mother. She worked for VON for nearly six years, and was a compassionate and caring member of the VON team, said the news release.''

''Lisa McCully

Lisa McCully was a teacher at Debert Elementary School in Debert, the Nova Scotia Teachers Union said late Sunday.

"She was somebody who taught from the heart," said Nova Scotia Teachers Union president Paul Wozney. "She taught her kids not just the curriculum but teaching about virtues and personal qualities."

'Const. Heidi Stevenson

Const. Heidi Stevenson was identified Sunday by the RCMP as the officer killed while responding to the call about an active shooter. She was a 23-year member of the force and a mother of two children, one in Grade 6 and the other in Grade 8.''

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/mass-killing-shooting-victims-remembered-1.5538032
''An elementary school teacher, two health-care workers and an RCMP officer have been identified as among at least 16 victims who died in this weekend's shooting spree in rural Nova Scotia, one of the worst mass killings in Canadian history.''

''Heather O'Brien

Heather O'Brien was a licensed practical nurse, a wife, mother and grandmother. She worked for the Victorian Order of Nurses for nearly 17 years. In a news release Monday, the VON said O'Brien showed a deep caring for others.

Kristen Beaton
Kristen Beaton was a continuing-care assistant and a young wife and mother. She worked for VON for nearly six years, and was a compassionate and caring member of the VON team, said the news release.''

''Lisa McCully

Lisa McCully was a teacher at Debert Elementary School in Debert, the Nova Scotia Teachers Union said late Sunday.

"She was somebody who taught from the heart," said Nova Scotia Teachers Union president Paul Wozney. "She taught her kids not just the curriculum but teaching about virtues and personal qualities."

'Const. Heidi Stevenson

Const. Heidi Stevenson was identified Sunday by the RCMP as the officer killed while responding to the call about an active shooter. She was a 23-year member of the force and a mother of two children, one in Grade 6 and the other in Grade 8.''
Teacher. Health care workers. Officer. Best of the society.

RIP. Thank you for all you gave to your community. So sorry the world lost you.

Tears.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members