Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading on websleuths for years, reading case after case,what started me was the Casey Anthony case, when her daughter went missing, all the way through till the trial. Now this case hits way too close to home, I'm from Alberta, and this little girl stole my heart. This case was what made me sign up for an account, finally after all these years lurking and reading, I have read every single post on this website about this case.
my biggest question is why is there no kidnapping charge added to the charges that were laid? My guess is that poor Hailey was not alive when he took her out of the house, and that is why,or is there any indication or proof that tells us otherwise? Maybe the screams that were reported in the media ( if that's even true)were because her life was also taken in the house therefore there was no kidnapping because he took a dead not live child out with him? JMO.

I think LE has a lot of evidence to work with and they will be able to determine what happened to who and where it happened once all the lab work is in. A kidnapping charge can still be added to the current list of charges if necessary.

I don't believe the funeral home is the one that issues the death certificate. Believe it is a doctor or a coroner.

I didn't say they did, but they would probably go off of what the official date of death was, in their services and notices. Why would they not?

It was reported that DS told investigators where HDB's body was. Pretty sure that takes away any chance of him being falsely accused.

It was reported by "a source". Who was the source? Could have been a number of different people but doesn't necessarily mean it's truth. MOO.

I didn't say they did, but they would probably go off of what the official date of death was, in their services and notices. Why would they not?

One would think, but people are fallible and mistakes do happen. The funeral home originally had Hailey listed as just Hailey Blanchette and corrected it later.

Speaking of, here's the obituary if anyone would like to read it (warning: auto-play music): http://www.fantinsfuneralchapel.ca/notices/Hailey-Lynn-Dunbar-Blanchette

One would think, but people are fallible and mistakes do happen. The funeral home originally had Hailey listed as just Hailey Blanchette and corrected it later.

Speaking of, here's the obituary if anyone would like to read it (warning: auto-play music): http://www.fantinsfuneralchapel.ca/notices/Hailey-Lynn-Dunbar-Blanchette

Such a sad but beautiful heartfelt message. A waste of two precious lives affecting so many people. All because of one sick individual. Justice will be served. Heaven has gained two more Angels, together forever, father and daughter.

MOO.

Sure. But missing answers is an extremely strong indicator of mistakes.

The police are sluggish with new details. This is an extremely strong indicator of a continuing investigation. Even if involved, the accused may not have been acting alone. Patience pays in the form of solid convictions. Rushes to judgement lead to, well, OJ acquittals.

"A good efficient, competent, noncorrupt police department will carefully set about the business of investigating homicides. They won't rush to judgment. They won't be bound by an obsession to win at all costs. They will set about trying to apprehend the killer or killers and trying to protect the innocent from suspicion." - Johnnie Cochran

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/Simpson/cochranclose.html

You really didn't try to give ethical advice from that sleazeball Johnny Cochrane did you? There was no rush to judgement against OJ Simpson. Evidence was found at the scene and at his house that tied him to the crime. He had unexplained cuts and no alibi. When the asked him to surrender he bolted with a disguise, a stack of money and a gun. No rush to judgement there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure. But missing answers is an extremely strong indicator of mistakes.

The police are sluggish with new details. This is an extremely strong indicator of a continuing investigation. Even if involved, the accused may not have been acting alone. Patience pays in the form of solid convictions. Rushes to judgement lead to, well, OJ acquittals.

"A good efficient, competent, noncorrupt police department will carefully set about the business of investigating homicides. They won't rush to judgment. They won't be bound by an obsession to win at all costs. They will set about trying to apprehend the killer or killers and trying to protect the innocent from suspicion." - Johnnie Cochran

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/Simpson/cochranclose.html

BBM

I think it's important to remember that in Canada, unlike the US and other countries, we will not be hearing ANY details now that an arrest has been made so I wouldn't expect to hear ANYTHING until trial from this point on. We will be left with our own musings and theorizing from here on out. It's just the way it is here.

Today we should hear if there are any new charges, I'm sure if Hailey left that house alive they will bring in kidnapping charges. I fully expect a publication ban.

I also remember reading an article that stated DS told police where Hailey was,

I have confidence in this RCMP team that are investigating the murders of Terry and Hailey, this area doesn't see much crime like this, I think if anything they would over document more pictures more samples, as soon as Terry was discovered and it was realized that Hailey was missing the RCMP deployed some of their more seasoned investigators to the area to assist the local RCMP.

I keep thinking that DS is also going to be charged with the death of the elderly lady from the neighboring town

Today we should hear if there are any new charges, I'm sure if Hailey left that house alive they will bring in kidnapping charges. I fully expect a publication ban.

I also remember reading an article that stated DS told police where Hailey was.

I keep thinking that DS is also going to be charged with the death of the elderly lady from the neighboring town

I agree there will be a publication ban, and I also believe the death of the other woman is connected to DS.

Do we know for sure that he told LE where to find Hailey? I read somewhere, possibly FB (so I'll call it a rumour), that it was a family member who found her.

What normally happened in Terry Blanchette's life on Sunday and Monday? What happened on this Sunday and Monday to make his routine different?

We know he went to work early on Sunday to train a new staff member, according to his manager. Who took care of Hailey on Sunday? How late did Terry normally get home from work? It is a bar, so did his hours vary on weekends? The restaurant reported on its website that it was "under new management" this summer.

Monday would normally have been a day off and time to take Hailey to her mom. Even KD thought this was happening.

Where would the handoff take place normally? Red Deer where the godmother lives?

His court appearance was moved to next Wednesday. Plea deal in the works maybe?

I think people are assuming DS told police where to find Hailey because she was found soon after his arrest.

Could have been a witness seeing the van in that area or something.

Just read that he will be pleading insanity. Edit: I'm only reading this on one news page so take it with a grain of salt. I'll update if i get a link, i live in the city where he's making his court appearances :(

From a news site on Facebook. I'll link if/when they post an article

In an unrelated breaking news story out of Ontario, police found a suspect by triangulating a cellphone location.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/ottawa/basil-borutski-triple-homicide-wilno-1.3239776

There is no word if the cellphone belonged to the suspect or victims.

Smartphones and i-phones can transmit location by default if the owner doesn't deselect that option. Not sure if that would work always in the mountains.

Newer vehicles often have GPS tracking and the voice activated helpline. This can be turned on by the service provider remotely. Good old police work might have led to the places DS was known to frequent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grimlockedin