Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
from Matzoh's link above ==>

Michelle Davio with Alberta Justice confirms an injured inmate in medical distress was located by guards at the Lethbridge Correctional Centre late Wednesday morning but would not confirm the inmate's name. Davio says the inmate was transported to local hospital.

I hope the Pincher Creek RCMP get full cooperation from the people of the Crowsnest Pass in this investigation, as I believe they will. Any lingering resentment since the Darren Varley case should be set aside.

...What? What made you bring him up?

Thanks Rayemonde -I've been trying to track back to that Calgary sun piece for several days that mentioned the " psychiatric troubles ". It still stands as rumour though
until a professional in that field says it's fact.

Just read that he will be pleading insanity. Edit: I'm only reading this on one news page so take it with a grain of salt. I'll update if i get a link, i live in the city where he's making his court appearances :(

I had a sinking feeling that would be his defense :(

CS has been identified as the owner of the property where Hailey was found.

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/derek-sar...sed-incident-at-correctional-centre-1.2576728

"We're victims, too," she said in the CTV interview.

Terry and Hailey's families are calling for calm.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/derek-saretzky-hospital-medical-distress-1.3241194

The CBC report says that Saretzky had been scheduled to appear by camera today in court. However, they say he attempted suicide this morning.
Saretzky allegedly murdered Terry and Hailey in the early hours of Monday morning, one day prior to a scheduled court appearance in Lethbridge on the theft charges. Pending court appearances seem to trigger behaviors.

And this from a CBC reporter on Twitter...apparently it was self-inflicted:

Meghan Grant Verified account ‏@CBCMeg 8m8 minutes ago

CBC sources say Derek Saretzky, accused in Hailey Dunbar Blanchette murder, is in hospital in the ICU after trying to kill himself #cbc
0 retweets 1 favorite

And this from a CBC reporter on Twitter...apparently it was self-inflicted:

Well that will seriously anger a lot of people...myself included! I am surprised that he wasn't under an automatic suicide watch...

Well that will seriously anger a lot of people...myself included! I am surprised that he wasn't under an automatic suicide watch...

He better disclose his motive.... Then he can do whatever he wants.

He's probably terrified to be put into general population in the jail.

I'm not sure if it is fair to be chronicling the medical status of a mentally ill patient. He may be a suspect, and details of his crime fair game, but these personal details violate the rights of a technically-innocent man and humiliate his family in the process. I want justice too, just not at the expense of our Charter.

I think if it's in the main stream media, it's fair game.

I feel very sad for his family though. I can't imagine what they are going through.

CS has been identified as the owner of the property where Hailey was found.

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/derek-sar...sed-incident-at-correctional-centre-1.2576728

"We're victims, too," she said in the CTV interview.

Terry and Hailey's families are calling for calm.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/derek-saretzky-hospital-medical-distress-1.3241194

The CBC report says that Saretzky had been scheduled to appear by camera today in court. However, they say he attempted suicide this morning.
Saretzky allegedly murdered Terry and Hailey in the early hours of Monday morning, one day prior to a scheduled court appearance in Lethbridge on the theft charges. Pending court appearances seem to trigger behaviors.

I want to point out the dignity the family members of the murdered are showing. Unfortunately, I am a family member of a depraved murderer and I still find I cannot be as gracious and kind as this family is. I am in awe of their ability to separate the family from DS; I am still not able to.

Family of Terry and Hailey.jpg

This is horrible. If he's in a medically-induced coma from trying to kill himself, he may be brain damaged, no? And then what happens?

This is the worst possible outcome. Why wasn't he on suicide watch?

Can you pls provide a link that states he's in a medically-induced coma? I myself have not read this in any MSM article, just that he tried to commit suicide and was taken to hospital. Thx.

This is horrible. If he's in a medically-induced coma from trying to kill himself, he may be brain damaged, no? And then what happens?

This is the worst possible outcome. Why wasn't he on suicide watch?

I'm not sure if it is fair to be chronicling the medical status of a mentally ill patient. He may be a suspect, and details of his crime fair game, but these personal details violate the rights of a technically-innocent man and humiliate his family in the process. I want justice too, just not at the expense of our Charter.

What personal details?

His closing argument conveys the weaknesses his high budget discovered, not weaknesses that were fabricated. Without the rush to judgment, Cochran would've needed to take another angle. Indeed, he took many. In the end, he was able to diminish the evidence, so jurors said that the prosecution had not made its case. Solid evidence, gathered patiently, handled properly, survives even the slipperiest legal ploys. Is perfect possible? No. But that doesn't mean one should do lax work and have bad habits.

We could argue this for days, but let's just say that a legal team that convinced the jurors that LAPD had planted OJs blood when they clearly had no access to his blood at that point in time, is not exactly ethical.

Let's also say that a legal team that would have someone call Marcia Clark and falsely paint a witness who positively identified OJ fleeing the murder scene, as a chronic scammer and a liar, is unethical.

I could go on and on, but let's just agree to disagree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members