Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Winnipeg Police started searching the area because there was a ping from her cellphone from that area. That is when the glasses were discovered. There were various other items found in the area (back lane close by for example) like a sock and some headphones but can't be linked to her (yet). According to chatter on the Thelma Missing FB page.

I have only been to Transcona/Eask K a handful of times but I don't know if it is a place where there would be a lot of rooming houses there.

Sometimes we get warnings in the news that say things like 'registered sex offender released from jail. moving to Winnipeg." But that is about it.

According to police , Thelma was on this trail between Kildonan East Collegiate and The Valley community center at 8:00 AM ... she left home at 7:23 AM

It would appear she kept up the brisk pace she began with when she left home and she must have taken a direct route via Concordia .

View attachment 78363
Is this circled area where her glasses were found?

How is her vision without her glasses? Can she see somewhat? I would be a mess without my glasses.

Did she have a water bottle with her?

According to her LinkedIn profile, Thelma currently reviews the financials of the residents for the company she works for. She's a bit like an auditor for residential supported living recipients. The particular clientele seem to be composed of people with physical and intellectual disabilities. She also does fundraising. If she was marked as someone who blocked a person from receiving or continuing to receive support, or if one of those clients thought she had access to cash, they might be people to consider looking at for different reasons. Just a thought.

I've been googling like crazy, and seeing rumors of all sorts of talk I haven't seen mentioned here. I'm reading about the glasses being found near Valley Gardens (verified), speculation about tire tracks, rumor that some licence plates and un-described tools were found stashed in the nearby bushes, and LE searching door to door, in yards and garages. IF these things were true, would LE disclose that to the public?

Who were these people she was going with on the trek in BC? How does she know them? Did she always hike alone or did she have walking buddies?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Police have released a picture of 2 people who may have seen something that morning

Apparently it is a tennis racquet on the bike

View attachment 78319
Just piggy-backing off your post.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/thelma-krull-s-disappearance-has-police-stumped-1.3157230

"Investigators said Friday they believe she was in the area of the Kimberly Avenue toboggan hill between Valley Gardens Community Club and Kildonan East Collegiate at about 8 a.m. that same morning."

"On Friday, police released an image of two people who were cycling in the area around the same time. Investigators do not believe they are suspects but want to identify and speak with them to determine if they might have seen anything."

Who were these people she was going with on the trek in BC? How does she know them? Did she always hike alone or did she have walking buddies?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

None of the articles I read said how long Thelma has been walking/hiking. This report said she had been trying to get in shape for the 7-day day hike in BC with her older brother.

Since Thelma works during the week, she may only have walked in the evening but this imo.

<snipped>

At the time of her disappearance, Thelma Krull was training for a seven-day hike with her older brother, Bill Therriault, on the West Coast Trail in British Columbia.

"She's been trying to get herself in shape to do it, and then this," said Therriault, who has travelled to Winnnipeg from Penticton, B.C., to help with the search.

Therriault said he is trying to cope with his younger sister's disappearance.

"She's a good kid. She's a good kid. A gentle, kind person, very predictable, very open, very loving mother and sister," he said.

"We're just doing. Just wake up and check the nightmare and go back to bed."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...-on-valley-gardens-community-centre-1.3151422

How is her vision without her glasses? Can she see somewhat? I would be a mess without my glasses.

Did she have a water bottle with her?

I don't think so. None of the reports I read said she had one with her.

Very curious situation. In cases like this, broadly speaking, it is usually a person known to the woman who causes their disappearance. Didn't the RCMP just say that recently?

I don't know why otto is speculating about suicide and despondent empty nesters, whatever that means. Nothing we have heard about TK indicates that she would be in that sort of mindset. This is also a pretty quiet suburban neighbourhood.

I can't read the Free Press, because its behind a paywall now, and it isn't a good enough paper for me to spend my money on, so I have to stick with the CBC website. Haven't seen anything new today.

My thinking as well , whoever did it is likely someone known to her

Never mind what otto posted , a person cannot commit suicide in a public place and then make themselves vanish afterwards

I agree about The Free Press , I have read it daily for years but would never pay for it , I bet they will lose more than half their reading audience with the paywall , one or two years from now they will realize their error .

None of the articles I read said how long Thelma has been walking/hiking.

Yes they have Crosby , when asked , her husband said she has been walk-training for about a year , and apparently she has been a Scout Leader for many years and is described as an "outdoors girl" and a bit of an "outdoors survivor"

I am in or near Winnipeg on a regular basis and glad to see you are too , best wishes

I think this woman was abducted. Her glasses would indicate where she was when she was initially taken into a vehicle. I hope she is found soon and found alive.
I agree Matou ... I only see two possibilities:

1 .... she was abducted and her glasses fell there
2 .... or somebody placed her glasses there afterwards

There was an interesting snippet on a news report where someone asked how the glasses were found and why so many days after she went missing ..... the reply was something like ... "the phone ping lead to a location near the Valleyview Center and then the glasses were found there"

I think it was family or a relative who said that , so probably it is credible , police have revealed very little.

Another thing to consider is if the last phone ping was at 8:00 AM , and at the same spot her glasses were found , I think that would negate my theory the glasses were placed there later.

I watch some of the traffic in my own neighborhood. There's a lot of questionable characters who don't appear to be from the area. I think there's a lot of scouting and opportunistic crime. My husband left our Chariot bike trailer behind the garage rushing our son to the potty. He came out and it was gone.
I can see her being approached on bike and her glasses " flipped off" and her maybe bending to pick them up and then....
but what would a couple of ****s want with her?

From the last post on her personal facebook, people are asked to look out for the following items:

- white earbud headphones
- blue/green/white plaid hat
- tan hiking boots
- black belt pack
- iphone 4

People are asked to not pick up any of these items but to notify Winnipeg police immediately.

https://www.facebook.com/thelma.therriaultkrull?fref=ts

I believe it has to be someone with a vehicle and it could be more than one person. Her phone will lead more clues IMO.

If she was wearing a hat, that will be helpful. I doubt it would stay on her head if she was accosted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff