Canada- Toronto LE seek suspect in violent assault against 76-year-old woman, 22 Dec 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
Police seek suspect in violent assault against 76-year-old woman - CityNews Toronto
Feb 19 2021
Toronto police are looking to identify a suspect wanted in a violent assault against senior citizen back in December.

''Police say a 76-year-old woman was jogging southbound on Beverly Street around 10:16 a.m. on December 22nd when a man on a bicycle travelling northbound narrowly missed hitting her.

Police say the suspect then doubled-back and surveillance video shows the man on the bike comes up behind the woman, striking her with “such force her body was thrown into the street.”

The suspect can then be seen kicking the victim in the head as she lays motionless on the ground before fleeing westbound on Cecil Street.

Police say the woman suffered substantial injuries as a result of the assault.''

WARNING, cctv violent.
http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/media/video/20210218-d52_assault_blurred.mp4

''Case #: 2020-2403272
The Toronto Police Service is seeking the public's assistance in an assault investigation.

On Tuesday, December 22, 2020 at 10:16 a.m., police responded to a assault at Beverley Street and Cecil Street area.

It was reported:

- a 76-year-old woman, the victim, was jogging southbound on Beverly Street.

- a man riding a bicycle on the sidewalk northbound on Beverly Street narrowly missed her

- the victim continued southbound on Beverly Street and the suspect on the bicycle did a doubled-back and approached the victim from behind

- the suspect struck then victim with such force her body was thrown into the street

- the suspect approached the woman and kicked the victim in the head

- the suspect then fled westbound on Cecil Street

- the victim sustained substantial injuries as a result of the assault

The man is described as black, 25-30 years, 5'8" - 5'10", black hair with a muscular build

He was last seen wearing a black surgical mask, tight black pants, black windbreaker jacket with the hood pulled up and a flap over closure near the mouth.

He was last seen carrying an extra large backpack on his back, riding a bicycle with a black and white frame which may have a had a fender attached.''

Feb 22 2021
‘Completely unprovoked attack.’ Police release video of 75-year-old runner assaulted by cyclist
''September 2020, Marion Raycheba’s run-ins with sidewalk cyclists made for a good story.

It was such a good story, in fact, that the 75-year-old marathon runner and freelance writer was able to get them published in a Globe and Mail newspaper column detailing the many times that cyclists had brushed by, clipped and even confronted her as she made her way along sidewalks through downtown Toronto.
''September 2020, Marion Raycheba’s run-ins with sidewalk cyclists made for a good story.

It was such a good story, in fact, that the 75-year-old marathon runner and freelance writer was able to get them published in a Globe and Mail newspaper column detailing the many times that cyclists had brushed by, clipped and even confronted her as she made her way along sidewalks through downtown Toronto.''

''Video shows cyclist knocking down 75-year-old female runner on street
•Feb 22, 2021''

BRAUN: Distance runner badly hurt in unprovoked attack | Toronto Sun
  1. ''Raycheba said she’s accustomed to being told to “Eff off” by cyclists on the sidewalk, but this time was different.

The pushed past her, shoving her off-balance. She had headphones on and was listening to opera at the time, “but I must have heard something, because I turned around and he was coming back at me, full speed. I was so shocked I didn’t know how to react.

“He hit me first on my left shoulder, then hit me a second time and I went down onto the concrete.”

She’s not clear about what happened next, once she was lying on the ground.

“But the police told me he then kicked me hard, he circled around and kicked me in the back of the head.”

''Passersby rushed to her aid. Raycheba could not feel her hands, arms or legs; she was rushed to Mt. Sinai.

The upshot was two weeks of hospitalization and care.

Raycheba has a complicated concussion requiring specialized physiotherapy.

She said her thinking and her activities are all affected, and she can no longer do most of the things that are important to her — running, writing, the volunteer work she does as the facilitator of the Downtown Parkinson Support Group. (The Parkinson’s work is particularly important to her as her late husband had Parkinson’s Disease; Raycheba was widowed only a year ago.)

She can’t give blood. Raycheba is a proud blood donor with 243 previous donations and regrets that now she may not achieve a personal goal of 300.

She can’t even get her own groceries and the simplest tasks are exhausting.''

''The insult to her brain has made a 20-minute walk outside debilitating — this, for a long distance runner. She needs a walker now, of course.

“I cannot imagine myself ever running again. This would be a great loss for me. Distance running has always been the one thing I could count on to clear my heart and mind.”

Last edited:
Feb 22 2021
‘Completely unprovoked attack.’ Police release video of 75-year-old runner assaulted by cyclist

It was such a good story, in fact, that the 75-year-old marathon runner and freelance writer was able to get them published in a Globe and Mail newspaper column detailing the many times that cyclists had brushed by, clipped and even confronted her as she made her way along sidewalks through downtown Toronto.

It was such a good story, in fact, that the 75-year-old marathon runner and freelance writer was able to get them published in a Globe and Mail newspaper column detailing the many times that cyclists had brushed by, clipped and even confronted her as she made her way along sidewalks through downtown Toronto.''

''Video shows cyclist knocking down 75-year-old female runner on street
•Feb 22, 2021''

that video makes me sick to my stomach
he's not even supposed to be on the sidewalk is he?
around here bikes have to be on the road with motorized vehicles
not that it matters in this case ...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymoose