Canada/US Border - David Connors & Eileen Connor, detained, illegal entry into U.S., 2 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Family banned from US after 'accidentally' crossing border

A Kent couple who claim they were locked up in an American prison for accidentally crossing the border from Canada have returned to Britain having been deported.

David and Eileen Connors, from Maidstone, were on holiday with their three-month-old son near Vancouver when they reportedly took a detour while swerving to avoid an animal in the road and unwittingly entered the US.

Some of the comments are comedy gold

My fave: I thought at first they might have crossed whilst looking for their caravan, which didn't seem to be attached to their vehicle.

Half expecting these idiots to try and claim diplomatic immunity. They are getting an absolute slating in the British press and social media, zero sympathy.

Well done USA for catching them, real shame they had to be sent back here though.

Family banned from US after 'accidentally' crossing border

A Kent couple who claim they were locked up in an American prison for accidentally crossing the border from Canada have returned to Britain having been deported.

David and Eileen Connors, from Maidstone, were on holiday with their three-month-old son near Vancouver when they reportedly took a detour while swerving to avoid an animal in the road and unwittingly entered the US.

That article has a quote in big bold letters saying "'My biggest regret is that we are now banned from America for at least five years - even the kids' - Eileen Connors"

My fave: I thought at first they might have crossed whilst looking for their caravan, which didn't seem to be attached to their vehicle.

Half expecting these idiots to try and claim diplomatic immunity. They are getting an absolute slating in the British press and social media, zero sympathy.

Well done USA for catching them, real shame they had to be sent back here though.

You can always rely on Kent Online readers to tell it like it is :D

Ah ha. I just came across this story and thought how terrible being treated so badly, when we treated the US diplomat's wife so well, who also drove on the wrong side of the road. They didn't kill anyone did they? Bizarre story though. Who are the victims here in actual fact?

That article has a quote in big bold letters saying "'My biggest regret is that we are now banned from America for at least five years - even the kids' - Eileen Connors"
What happened to wanting to spread the word about how despicable America is? (They were put up in a hotel until it became obvious they weren’t going to wipe their hands of them so easily.) But their biggest regret is they are banned from America? They should be relieved if they are telling the truth.

upload_2019-10-19_0-57-45.jpeg

That’s an awful lot of luggage for a fishing trip. Or was it a site-seeing trip? So confusing to remember what you are doing when you are super dooper slowly swerving around a non-existent animal through a ditch into another country.

Hell of British family who were locked up after 'accidentally driving into US during Canada holiday' | Daily Mail Online

What happened to wanting to spread the word about how despicable America is? (They were put up in a hotel until it became obvious they weren’t going to wipe their hands of them so easily.) But their biggest regret is they are banned from America? They should be relieved if they are telling the truth.

View attachment 209862

That’s an awful lot of luggage for a fishing trip. Or was it a site-seeing trip? So confusing to remember what you are doing when you are super dooper slowly swerving around a non-existent animal through a ditch into another country.

Hell of British family who were locked up after 'accidentally driving into US during Canada holiday' | Daily Mail Online

Well, yes. Wouldn't you think the biggest regret would be making such a terrible mistake to set all this off? But it sounds more like her real regret is that they got caught.

Apparently, the road they used was "Avenue O,

Interestingly, several media outlets have chosen to use photos of Montana, making it look as if the couple were driving in a remote and perhaps unmarked area of near wilderness, instead of the more populated corridor between Avenue O and Avenue H. Avenue O is essentially a road that runs along the Canadian side of the border, Avenue H runs along the US side, the two are parallel to each other, but separated by a ditch and some open space.

Also, the family apparently did not contact the British Embassy, using their limited phone calls instead to contact an activist immigration attorney.

It's too bad they didn't try the proper immigration channels. Canada welcomes young entrepreneurs with money and brains (but maybe the brains requirement is a limiting factor here) and we turn them into taxi drivers.

Ah shucks, perhaps the taxi driving career wouldn't work out too well. I predict that they won't be back to Canada within the next five years. Not even the kids.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back