Resolved Canada - Whtmale, 32-52, short hair, nice teeth,tattoos,stairwell,901 King/Strachan, Toronto 18/7/19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
Police ask public for help identifying man found dead in stairwell of King West building last summer
image.jpg

Police have released an artist rendering of an unidentified man found deceased in the stairwell of a building near King Street West and Strachan Avenue last summer. (Toronto Police Service handout)
image.jpg

Police ask public for help identifying man found dead in stairwell of King West building last summer
Sept 1 2020
''Police say officers located the body of an unidentified male in the stairwell of a building at 901 King Street West, near Strachan Avenue, on July 18, 2019.

Police have not yet been able to identify the deceased and on Tuesday, investigators released an artist rendering of the man in hopes that a member of the public recognizes him.

The deceased has been described by investigators as a white male who is between the ages of 32 and 52 and stands about five-foot-eight to six-foot-two. Police say he has an average build, short salt-and-pepper hair, a few days of growth of salt-and-pepper facial hair, and nice teeth.

The man, police say, also has extensive tattoos on both of his arms and on his upper back''

NR.47872.1597846930.jpg

NR.47872.1597846846.jpg

Toronto Police Service :: News Release #47872
rbbm.
''September 1, 2020
14 Division
416-808-1400
Case #: 2019-1346352
The Toronto Police is requesting the public’s assistance identifying a man who was found deceased.
On Thursday, July 18, 2019, the body of a man was found at 901 King Street West in Toronto.
The man is described as white, approximately 32 to 52 years of age, 5’8” to 6’2” tall, with an average build, short salt and pepper hair, a few days growth of salt and pepper facial hair and good teeth.
He has extensive tattoos on both of his arms and on his upper back. Images of his tattoos have been released.

The Ontario Pathologist’s office, with the assistance of the O.P.P., undertook to create an artist’s rendition of the man. It is hoped that someone may recognize him and bring resolution for his family as well as the investigation.''

'For more information on this investigation and other similar cases, please visit the National Missing Person website at www.canadasmissing.ca.''

Is that one tattoo a film strip? At least that's what it looks like to me I've never seen a tattoo like that before it's definitely unique. Also what type of building is this that he was found in if anyone knows?
The tattoo looks like film strip to me, it is not an especially uncommon tattoo, imo, for gaffers, camera operators ect.- people working in or aspiring to work in the film/TV business. There are a number of film companies close by that area. imo, speculation.
Regarding 901 King street..
Will creative types take over a 'stuffy' office building?
''The area that surrounds the intersection of King Street and Strachan Avenue is one of those pockets of the city known, if it's known at all, primarily for what it's not. It's not the bustling development hub of Liberty Village to the southwest. It's not the scenester destination of Queen West, where locals flock to cafés, bookstores and Trinity Bellwoods Park, just a few blocks north. It's not the thumping core of the Entertainment District to the east.

It's a neighbourhood in search of an identity – and the work being done inside the eight-storey building at 901 King St. W. aims to turn it into Toronto's newest creative hub''.

''We're going to go after the people who are in the brick-and-beam buildings," says Les Miller, Crown Realty's president and chief operating officer. Think web design, advertising and companies that work in film and television.''

So from that being the building he was found in that might give some clue to who he is maybe he was working there or looking for a job there? Someone should be able to identify him poor guy has been unidentified for over a year now. So many of these seem like someone should know who they are and yet here we are strangers on the internet trying our best to give them their names back and the peace they deserve.

I don't see a resemblance here, espcially in the hairline. However, the dates are only 3 days apart and you mentioned the movie industry. Could this be a case of ID theft/mugging? Something just sits weird with me on these two cases.
ETA - Thinking further I can't help but wonder whether the UID is the actual Stephen Andrejewski. @dotr Can you check that mylife link, pls.

I don't see a resemblance here, espcially in the hairline. However, the dates are only 3 days apart and you mentioned the movie industry. Could this be a case of ID theft/mugging? Something just sits weird with me on these two cases.
ETA - Thinking further I can't help but wonder whether the UID is the actual Stephen Andrejewski. @dotr Can you check that mylife link, pls.
Just looked (thinking we are looking at some of the same guys like the one you have posted above)
There seems to be a fair number of men with that last name, A, working in the film business, (and look similar) but cannot see (not shown) tattoos or that any with that name are missing---- so far. Thinking younger relatives maybe?

The left ear is similar, too bad info. about Keith Joseph Campbell is pretty scarce, imo.

''The Comox Valley RCMP is asking for help as they try to locate a 36-year-old Courtenay man who was last seen Jan. 10. Police say Keith Joseph Campbell is caucasian and is 5’10” tall and weighs 166 pounds. Campbell has brown hair and hazel eyes.''

Still hoping for an update, somebody somewhere must be missing this uid man!

I am new here because I joined to update this thread. I have taken a particular interest in this case due to how identifiable and extensive this man's tattoos are. I created a post on the subreddit r/UnsolvedMysteries and we have been able to deduce a few new thoughts about the tattoos. One that I saw here is that the film tattoo is cut off in the media releases but if you look closer it actually is film emerging from a canister which is photography related. This leads his interests to be more in photography not the film industry as many suggest. The other thing we discovered is that in the hand tattoo there is cursive writing under the camera that is the Leica logo. A brand of camera which we were able to figure out the camera is a Leica M2 or M3 model rangefinder camera. This now becomes a very specific tattoo with this information. I am posting here because I feel someone may be able to run with this information or help me decide next steps.
I have posted a link to the Reddit post as it has all my sources and the comments figuring out the camera I hope the link is ok. It is marked NSFW as the group's rules say to when there is a body involved but it is all the same pictures of his post mortem tattoos already in this thread. I would like to continue this discussion

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Edit Comment: I have removed a reddit link to comply with the group rules so I am adding my sources here to comply with the Links and Referencing Outside Sources rule

1)CP24 News Outlet Article on the Case Police ask public for help identifying man found dead in stairwell of King West building last summer

2)Government of Canada's Unidentified Remains profile on this case Canada's Missing | Case details

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff
Back