Canadian hostage, wife & children freed from Afghanistan, Oct 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually believe the Taliban over the father about the baby. The Talibans story sounds truthful.

One thing I dont believe is the Pakistan military saying they got away on foot. I suspect the Pakistan military let them go because how does one get close enough to shoot out the tires of the vehicle and not be able to kill or capture the people driving it.

Remember the Pakistan country is where Bin Laden had safe haven for years and I am pretty sure Pakistan higher ups knew exactly where he was.

""At a news conference, Maj. Gen. Asif Ghafoor, spokesman for the Pakistani military, said its forces had managed to trace the vehicle carrying the hostages within five hours of a tip from the United States, and had rescued the hostages after blowing out the vehicle’s tires.

The captors “fled on foot,” he said.""

"

http://nationalpost.com/news/taliban-says-freed-hostages-allegations-of-rape-and-murder-are-false

BBM
Yet, Boyle has stated that he/they were told they would be freed ????? The story of their release is puzzling...The US tipped off the Pakistani's who went out to rescue them or was it that the Taliban had previously arranged to release them????

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/freed-hostage-joshua-boyle-afghanistan-interview-1.4357341
Boyle was given the news that they were going to be freed almost five years to the day of their capture. But as they approached a checkpoint in Pakistan, guards asked to open the trunk and the captors' car sped away with several vehicles in pursuit. A gun battle followed.

Sorry for posting so much all at once but just learning the details of this case. I dont have much more to add so I wont keep bombarding the posts but I do want to add one more thing that has bothered me from the articles.

What kind of power and relationship does Mr B have with the Taliban if he is threatening the leadership of the Taliban to punish his captors. I mean anyone who has been a "real captured person" would feel lucky to be out of the situation and go hide out quietly in safety.

But this guy begins to threaten the leadership almost like he has a communication link directly to taliban leadership or something.

"Boyle called on Friday for the Taliban leadership to punish his Haqqani captors. A day later he told The Canadian Press that he wanted to give Taliban leaders “a final chance to actually try to rectify these crimes against humanity, before we turn to other outlets to seek our justice.”"

http://nationalpost.com/news/taliban-says-freed-hostages-allegations-of-rape-and-murder-are-false

I almost get the feeling he is a taliban or was a taliban want-a-be and they laughed at him when he got there and kidnapped him.

There is another part that is also very concerning.

"He said the Haqqani leadership authorized the murder of his daughter in retaliation for his refusal to accept an offer from the kidnappers, but did not elaborate."

So what kind of "DEAL" was Mr B involved in. And in what position was he in to be either accepting or rejecting any offers of anything. Arent you supposed to be a kidnapped person that would have no say in anything.

She needs to get the kids and run from this guy and go back to her parents. He is bad news IMO. He is going to get them killed the next time. And she had better not ever go traveling abroad with him ever again. Because not only could he take her someplace she is not suspecting but I am sure by now the Taliban and lots of other bad guys hate Mr. B for the things he has been saying about them.

In fact I dont think she is even safe at all even in Canada because they may hire someone to get even with him. She really needs to go into hiding at this point.

rbbm.
Maybe she already has gone into hiding ? imo.

Has anyone seen any photos of Caitlin since arriving in Canada? I have seen photos of him and the children. He has given interviews and statements but she has not been seen nor heard from.

I can only guess she is receiving much needed medical and mental health attention.

Has anyone seen any photos of Caitlin since arriving in Canada? I have seen photos of him and the children. He has given interviews and statements but she has not been seen nor heard from.

I can only guess she is receiving much needed medical and mental health attention.

She is in the video that is linked above. She doesn't say a word and doesn't look like she wants to. I'm worried about her.

She is an adult - why can't she talk on the interviews?

And I honestly wish the kids weren't photographed and videotaped. I know everyone is curious about them (including me), but it's time for them to just be private and adjust on their own without being on display.

jmopinion

He states that he has concern for his children. In the video where he is holding his infant, you can see that his tiny baby is in emotional distress (writhing and trying to cry), but Joshua Boyle doesn't even look down at her.
pic.twitter.com/aKTZGWtM6I

Would someone mind posting the video in another format than Twitter? It usually doesn’t open for me. Thanks!

I hope she is receiving medical and mental health care. Even though she is not a Canadian citizen, I am sure care was arranged for her by the government, right? Hopefully she will have privacy while meeting with healthcare professionals who can perhaps get her to open up about what SHE wants. The video where JB is talking to the camera and she's sitting there looking down is so concerning. She looks battered, controlled, scared, brainwashed.... and JB is confident, stern, "passionate" (I can't come up with a better word right now).

I am guessing (hoping) the kids will need to be evaluated as well. Will social services get involved? I am sure there is nothing they can do about it, but making a conscious decision to bring not 1 - not 2 - but THREE children into this world under those circumstances is borderline abusive and negligent to me. If a couple decided to keep bringing children into the world while living in a dirty, dangerous, crack house, CPS would be able to step in. I can only imagine the host of potential developmental delays and emotional issues these children may face due to the selfish acts of their parents (I am not sure if I am convinced Caitlan had much of a say in the procreation matters as of now).

If JBs family doesn't step up and intervene for the well being of those children and CC, that tells me all I need to know about them. I hope for their own sake they do not give interviews praising JB for how strong he is and how he protected his family during captivity or something.

All JMO

Would someone mind posting the video in another format than Twitter? It usually doesn’t open for me. Thanks!

[video=youtube;oS3ozRAuNUk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS3ozRAuNUk[/video]

The smirk on his face infuriates me.

Going back in this thread and reading post #34 tells me everything I need to know about JB. He didn't love Cait then and he certainly doesn't now. His views of women, marriage and his own family history are interesting too.
He is a narcissistic user, attention *advertiser censored* and probably worse.
She gave birth to four children in a little over 4.5 years ( her oldest was born around January 2013 and her youngest a few months ago). Her body had very little time to heal between childbirth before she was pregnant again. She was a breeder for goodness sakes. It's so disturbing. I feel incredibly bad for her. She seems shell shocked. And it won't be easy for her to get away from him with children involved unless she possibly stays in Canada. I can totally see him using his whole "I won't set foot in the USA" spiel against her. I hope there is a whole network of professionals working behind the scenes to assist her and her family. And I hope CSIS is keeping an incredibly close eye on him.

I watched the video with and without sound. IMO I do not trust him. The way he talks, moves, and his eyes move constantly....making sure he is being watched. She is scared, very scared. If a female I would have that outfit off so fast....and if a male the beard would be gone. IMO brainwashed she is.....I often wondered why he would take her to the territory.....it was not safe. I hope neither governments trust him at all.

[video=youtube;oS3ozRAuNUk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS3ozRAuNUk[/video]

The smirk on his face infuriates me.

Thanks! I assume this is before they returned to Canada. He seems to have eased up on the accent now. He made it clear that they are Muslims. Caitlan looks miserable. Her parents must be beside themselves with worry. I don’t think she will leave him.

I think Boyle is enjoying the attention and he scares me.

And the accent he picked up if weird at best.

I have only seen a picture of her standing in the driveway with him, I think without kids. The video people are referring to with her sitting on the couch was not in Canada, that was shortly after they were rescued and while still in Pakistan. Her FIL stated she did not want to talk to any media, I don't blame her. And yes, I read somewhere they were getting medical and mental health support and attention. Technically they would not be eligible for any medical coverage in Ontario due to not meeting residency requirement and having been out of Canada longer than a year but hopefully exceptions have been made.

I have only seen a picture of her standing in the driveway with him, I think without kids. The video people are referring to with her sitting on the couch was not in Canada, that was shortly after they were rescued and while still in Pakistan. Her FIL stated she did not want to talk to any media, I don't blame her. And yes, I read somewhere they were getting medical and mental health support and attention. Technically they would not be eligible for any medical coverage in Ontario due to not meeting residency requirement and having been out of Canada longer than a year but hopefully exceptions have been made.

I can totally understand that she doesn't want to talk to the media. I respect that. I do wish her father or mother would perhaps make a statement on her behalf. I really don't want to hear her husband talk for her, but I do trust her parents.

Of course neither she nor her parents owe this to anyone. I respect their silence. But, so many of us are concerned for her well-being.

jmopinion

Going back in this thread and reading post #34 tells me everything I need to know about JB. He didn't love Cait then and he certainly doesn't now. His views of women, marriage and his own family history are interesting too.
She gave birth to four children in a little over 4.5 years ( her oldest was born around January 2013 and her youngest a few months ago). Her body had very little time to heal between childbirth before she was pregnant again. She was a breeder for goodness sakes. It's so disturbing. I feel incredibly bad for her. She seems shell shocked. And it won't be easy for her to get away from him with children involved unless she possibly stays in Canada. I can totally see him using his whole "I won't set foot in the USA" spiel against her. I hope there is a whole network of professionals working behind the scenes to assist her and her family. And I hope CSIS is keeping an incredibly close eye on him.

Bringing forward the post you mention. It’s not a pretty picture.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...om-Afghanistan-Oct-2017&p=8684146#post8684146

And a few more by his friends, two in his defense and one saying that he intended to write a book about terrorism and that may have motivated his trip.

This post tries to explain JB’s comments in post #34. Not sure I buy it.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...om-Afghanistan-Oct-2017&p=8684613#post8684613

Wants to write a book...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...om-Afghanistan-Oct-2017&p=8688074#post8688074

Another friend chimes in and says that while JB is socially awkward, naive and adventurous, he has no malice in him.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...om-Afghanistan-Oct-2017&p=8689514#post8689514

I can totally understand that she doesn't want to talk to the media. I respect that. I do wish her father or mother would perhaps make a statement on her behalf. I really don't want to hear her husband talk for her, but I do trust her parents.

Of course neither she nor her parents owe this to anyone. I respect their silence. But, so many of us are concerned for her well-being.

jmopinion

This article is from a few days ago, so idk if Caitlans parents have had more contact with her, but I would be surprised if JB has allowed more detailed contact JMO

He said his wife Lynda spoke with their daughter briefly on the phone shortly after their release.

"It was a quick conversation. She mostly said that she, Josh, and the children were okay. And that they're looking forward to freedom," Jim Coleman said. "We didn't push her on any details, just happy to know they're safe."

snip

Jim Coleman said they have no immediate plans to go to Canada. "We want to see how things play out for now," he said. "I'm not on the best of terms with my son-in-law, as you can tell."

snip

Jim Coleman said he hopes their daughter and her family return to the United States, but are unsure of her plans. He said he’s hopeful she accepts a Department of Defense or other program to help them get re-acclimated to life outside of captivity, including psychological counseling for their children.

"I mean what do you do — how do you readjust after being held hostage for five years? It's not going to be easy," Jim Coleman said.

"We're hopeful, but unsure what lies ahead," he said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...n-canada-family-says-prayers-answered-n810626

I hope she is receiving medical and mental health care. Even though she is not a Canadian citizen, I am sure care was arranged for her by the government, right? Hopefully she will have privacy while meeting with healthcare professionals who can perhaps get her to open up about what SHE wants. The video where JB is talking to the camera and she's sitting there looking down is so concerning. She looks battered, controlled, scared, brainwashed.... and JB is confident, stern, "passionate" (I can't come up with a better word right now).

I am guessing (hoping) the kids will need to be evaluated as well. Will social services get involved? I am sure there is nothing they can do about it, but making a conscious decision to bring not 1 - not 2 - but THREE children into this world under those circumstances is borderline abusive and negligent to me. If a couple decided to keep bringing children into the world while living in a dirty, dangerous, crack house, CPS would be able to step in. I can only imagine the host of potential developmental delays and emotional issues these children may face due to the selfish acts of their parents (I am not sure if I am convinced Caitlan had much of a say in the procreation matters as of now).

If JBs family doesn't step up and intervene for the well being of those children and CC, that tells me all I need to know about them. I hope for their own sake they do not give interviews praising JB for how strong he is and how he protected his family during captivity or something.

All JMO

I have no doubt medical and mental health care will be offered and provided to her and her children because of their ordeal regardless of their current status in Canada.

I did read that they were getting medical and psychological help before they came back to Canada,(statement given by White House Chief of Staff) and yes technically they would not be eligible for medical coverage but I don't doubt special exceptions have been made to the residency requirement and any other rule.

bbm - Exactly my thoughts. Cait seems to be a mere shadow of him in this relationship. It was said that she was very smitten with him for many years before they got together, while he kept her at arms length. It must have felt like a dream come true when he finally married her. She seemed to adore him and would have done anything to be with him, including going on a trip to Afghanistan while 7 months pregnant. Judging by photos of that time posted in various articles she seemed very happy and in love, perhaps a bit naive. I don't know how she feels nowadays about him, but she certainly doesn't look as happy and chatty as he does. Maybe she wants out but now can't because of the children. Maybe she still clings on to him emotionally. But my impression is she doesn't have much say in this relationship and he is using her. She seems broken, empty. Him, not at all. He is a manipulator.

My thoughts go as far as to question whether the whole kidnapping was even real, or whether it was maybe different for him than for her. Did he have freedoms she didn't have? What kind of deal was offered to him at one point, which he rejected? He speaks Arabic, does Cait too? How much communication was there between him and their captors and guards that Cait only got to know through his translations? How much of his account is true, I wonder. I wish she would speak up independently of him!

Elainera posted:
My thoughts go as far as to question whether the whole kidnapping was even real, or whether it was maybe different for him than for her. Did he have freedoms she didn't have? What kind of deal was offered to him at one point, which he rejected? He speaks Arabic, does Cait too? How much communication was there between him and their captors and guards that Cait only got to know through his translations? How much of his account is true, I wonder. I wish she would speak up independently of him!

YES, I have many of those^^^ same questions.

Was he a kind of Beau Bergdahl type of character, who sought out the terrorists, hoping to befriend them?

Even though they were held captive, it appears as though they had some freedoms. I have never heard of a couple, being held by the Taliban, being allowed to stay together and give birth to 4 children.

Regardless of what JB's friend says... I have my doubts about there being "..no malice ..." in him.
At the very least -- it was foolish of him to take his pregnant wife to a hostile country.
:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member