CAR SEAT discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they put a thermometer in the car seat to gauge how hot it got in that exact spot. :(

Randy Travis ‏@RandyTravisFox5
#Cobb police brought Cooper's red car seat along with dad's car for reinactment of #HotCarDeath http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/2...estigators-simulate-harris-hot-car-conditions …

Yep, that solidifies it! Cooper Harris was in a red and black Chicco Keyfit 30 at 22 months of age on the day he died! That's just insane! His head was inches above the shell and JRH wants everyone to believe he didn't notice him. Also, he's buying and selling expensive guitars like crazy, but doesn't buy his son a second safe car seat that fits him and we're supposed to believe he cared about his son and was a great father. Yeah, okay.

According to this article, he reached BEHIND the passenger seat to retrieve the computer?

http://on-myajc.com/1lQx98R

i cannot get that link to pull up correctly, the page keeps jumping and i don't have access to myajc, i do remember stoddard saying passenger front, i got the impression the computer bag was on the front floorboard, passenger side.

There is a lot of discussion on Cooper's car seat in the General thread.

Here's a thought. I wonder if his 'new' carseat would fit in the SUV. I have two Diono Radian RXT seats for my little ones, they are pretty tall. I can clearly see them several inches over the top of my vehicle's seats. The Diono can be RF or FF, but if it's RF it takes up A LOT of room. I could see it interfering with the driver's compartment.

Do we know what brand his new seat is (was)?

In the reenactment by LE you can see Cooper's car seat is in the backseat rear facing. My question is is there wear and tear to the back of the rear seat? You know like a twenty two month old child that kicks or moves his feet? Or had Cooper been "taught" to not kick the seat?

Also in the reenactment you can see the drivers headrest up to about the top position, and it would make it easier to see behind to your right, and you'd see the car seat and Cooper's head.

The guitars he was dealing were just low end ones, nothing fancy really. My brother has had a band for over thirty year and has spent thousands for just one Les Paul and Fenders over the years.

Yesterday my husband accused me of stalking a woman at WalMart. I told him I was only interested in car seat and how the child fitted in it. He shook he head and walked off. He had to put up with me stalking Sunfires in parking lots so I could get an idea of the space Caylee was in.

Here's a thought. I wonder if his 'new' carseat would fit in the SUV. I have two Diono Radian RXT seats for my little ones, they are pretty tall. I can clearly see them several inches over the top of my vehicle's seats. The Diono can be RF or FF, but if it's RF it takes up A LOT of room. I could see it interfering with the driver's compartment.

I have the same vehicle and can fit a monster britax rear facing. The thing that I keep going back to, is his seat would have been on top on that seat. He is an entire foot taller than me, and even I have to scoot my seat back to be comfortable. My seat is extremely close, even to a front facing seat for an older child.

I have a Radian RXT in the back middle of my two door Dodge Challenger, but I purchased the angle adjuster and it gave me plenty of room! I'm positive JRH's SUV has more room than my two door muscle car and I somehow can put huge convertible car seats in there. I had an Evenflo Symphony 65 in there too!

Here's the angle adjuster for the Radian if you want one http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006I1QTYQ?pc_redir=1404823961&robot_redir=1

In the reenactment by LE you can see Cooper's car seat is in the backseat rear facing. My question is is there wear and tear to the back of the rear seat? You know like a twenty two month old child that kicks or moves his feet? Or had Cooper been "taught" to not kick the seat?

Also in the reenactment you can see the drivers headrest up to about the top position, and it would make it easier to see behind to your right, and you'd see the car seat and Cooper's head.

The guitars he was dealing were just low end ones, nothing fancy really. My brother has had a band for over thirty year and has spent thousands for just one Les Paul and Fenders over the years.

Yesterday my husband accused me of stalking a woman at WalMart. I told him I was only interested in car seat and how the child fitted in it. He shook he head and walked off. He had to put up with me stalking Sunfires in parking lots so I could get an idea of the space Caylee was in.

A nice car seat is $200.00 those guitars, while low end, were worth more than that!

Thanks for the replies blue22 and RainCheck! Just trying to figure out why on earth he'd put Cooper back in that Chicco. :scared:

Do we know what brand/make/model LH has in her car?

O/T please. I forgot to ask - how do you quote multiple posts? I've tried but can't figure it out.

O/T please. I forgot to ask - how do you quote multiple posts? I've tried but can't figure it out.

I can help with this because just learned today. All you do it hit the button to the right of Reply with Quote on the posts you want to quote. The you hit Reply with Quote and they all go into a Reply box:)

The toddler who died in his father's hot SUV in the US last month had been switched out of his forward-facing new car seat weeks before his death.

SNIP

During a probable cause hearing on Thursday, Cobb County Police Detective Phil Stoddard testified that the boy was 'several inches' too big for the child seat, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

He added that the parents had bought a new, forward-facing child seat just six weeks ago but they switched back to his old seat for reasons that are not yet clear.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-old-rear-facing-one-small.html#ixzz3710Z4Xsf

I cannot find the article I read that stated the car seat swap had been done because mom was taking Cooper with her to visit family in Alabama. This would seem to suggest that she formerly had the ill fitting old outgrown carseat (the Chico) in her car and was using it prior to the alleged Alabama trip.

The impression from the limited info available is that mom used the ill fitting one still and dad was using the new one, til the swap was made two weeks prior. I assume the new bigger boy carseat was still in mom's car after she and Cooper returned. (if that information is even correct)

The toddler who died in his father's hot SUV in the US last month had been switched out of his forward-facing new car seat weeks before his death.

SNIP

During a probable cause hearing on Thursday, Cobb County Police Detective Phil Stoddard testified that the boy was 'several inches' too big for the child seat, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

He added that the parents had bought a new, forward-facing child seat just six weeks ago but they switched back to his old seat for reasons that are not yet clear.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-old-rear-facing-one-small.html#ixzz3710Z4Xsf

I cannot find the article I read that stated the car seat swap had been done because mom was taking Cooper with her to visit family in Alabama. This would seem to suggest that she formerly had the ill fitting old outgrown carseat (the Chico) in her car and was using it prior to the alleged Alabama trip.

The impression from the limited info available is that mom used the ill fitting one still and dad was using the new one, til the swap was made two weeks prior. I assume the new bigger boy carseat was still in mom's car after she and Cooper returned. (if that information is even correct)

BBM

Very interesting...

A commentator on JVM just speculated that a possible reason baby Cooper was put in a rear-facing car seat even though he was too big for it was so that people walking past wouldn't see him as easily.

Poor sweet baby boy...I still just get so sick to my stomach when I think of what he went through.

yes, that is the general theory of many, myself included. Harder to see a child facing the rear through tinted rear windows than one in front facing which could be more visible through windshield and front windows :(

SNIP

BBM -- I believe that was part of Stoddard's testimony...? I think it was Stoddard that explained they do own 2 carseats, that RH usually had FF because he usually drove CH, that LH took it for trip to 'Bama 2-3 wks prior & it was never switched back .... ???

thanks hoping! that is what I thought too but a qwik scan of the transcripts and it didn't pop out at me so I thought I must have read it in MSM. I have brain drain from a long day at work so I probably just missed it. :)

thanks hoping! that is what I thought too but a qwik scan of the transcripts and it didn't pop out at me so I thought I must have read it in MSM. I have brain drain from a long day at work so I probably just missed it. :)

I hear ya... for me keeping track of "where I first heard it" gives me brain-drain -- that's why I'm so thankful to you, JLSChook, popsicle and others who just "know what's up", lol....

:loveyou:

After leaving the restaurant at 9:19 a.m., Stoddard said Ross Harris strapped Cooper into his rear-facing car seat. Because of the dimensions of the Hyundai Tuscson, a small SUV, the top of the car seat was only about six inches from Ross Harris' head, and protruded in between the two front seats, the detective said.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2014/07/justin_ross_harris_hearing_bri.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member