CAR SEAT discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting the pic. I enlarged it and also watched NG. There imo is no way JH didn't see Cooper.... he couldn't have missed seeing his child.
Such a heinous crime.

And keep in mind, per Stoddard, LEO took photos of the actual car seat as it was on the day Cooper was killed. They can "recreate" the crime with the actual car seat and car, and they already know how it was placed in the car, and position of the driver's seat. I trust them that they thought RH couldn't have missed the child in the car seat.

It is the wrong brand and model of car seat. He was in an infant seat, that is quite lower. Plus they dishonestly leaned both front seats back a lot, from my experience only gangbangers drive in that position and I do not know anyone "law abiding" that does.

my husband is a little bit bigger then JRH..

my husband is black, sexy sweet guy, and always drives w/ his seat back like that...
not a gangbanger...he just rides that way...it drives me crazy..but is what it is..my husband is law abiding...head of IT department at huge chemical plant...

not everyone who rides in his seat back like that is a gangbanger..

just sayin

A lot of law abiding men who are tall also lean their seats back. Most of the men I know, in fact. The Tucson doesn't have a large passenger compartment.
No way the car seat was six inches BEHIND him. Correct me if I'm wrong I thought Stoddard said six inches FROM RH between the seats. ?

It is the wrong brand and model of car seat. He was in an infant seat, that is quite lower. Plus they dishonestly leaned both front seats back a lot, from my experience only gangbangers drive in that position and I do not know anyone "law abiding" that does.

Ok I haven't caught up with the entire thread yet but I had to reply because I'm laughing in disbelief. Only gangbangers drive in this position? Really? :floorlaugh: I am 5'2" and not a gangbanger and drive pretty far back because I look and feel ridiculous pushed up close and sitting ramrod straight in front of the steering wheel. I know and have known plenty of people - law abiding and shady alike - who drive in the same position. I am not at all sure what such stereotyping about driving position is suppose to prove!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of law abiding men who are tall also lean their seats back. Most of the men I know, in fact. The Tucson doesn't have a large passenger compartment.
No way the car seat was six inches BEHIND him. Correct me if I'm wrong I thought Stoddard said six inches FROM RH between the seats. ?

You are correct as usual MissJ :)

Because of the dimensions of the Hyundai Tuscson, a small SUV, the top of the car seat was only about six inches from Ross Harris' head, and protruded in between the two front seats, the detective said.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2014/07/justin_ross_harris_hearing_bri.html

Det. Stoddard revealed that Cooper was a few inches too big for his car seat, and that the top of his head was more than visible — even with his car seat facing the back of the vehicle like Cooper’s was.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/07/03/justin-ross-harris-sexting-women-cooper-harris/

Because of the dimensions of the Hyundai Tuscson, a small SUV, the top of the car seat was only about six inches from Ross Harris' head, and protruded in between the two front seats, the detective said.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...aring_bri.html

Stoddard said Cooper was "several inches" too big for the car cradle, positioned in the middle of the back seat, and testified the child's head would've been visible.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/manawatu-stan...er-left-in-car

The seats are leaned back to make it look snugger than it possibly really is. I am just outraged. Can you tell? I feel manipulated to condemn someone, and I do condemn this man because I do feel he did this intentionally. But I dont like that someone is willing to manipulate facts and sway people by emotion. Its insulting.

I don't know....my husband is 6'5" and incredibly skinny and has the seats in our Ford Explorer and our Chevy Tahoe ALL the way back. I would think if you were 6'2" with a huge belly you might have to do the same. Wonder if that car has an adjusting gas pedal? That would allow someone to put the seat back further to accommodate their girth while still being able to reach the gas pedal.

If you enlarge the pic below, you will see his hand on the handle of the carseat. It also shows just how close the driver's seat and carseat are- and Cooper's head was several inches above where Mr Duffy's hand is. You can also see the back of the seat extends over the middle console. Mr Duffy seems much thinner than RH, imo. Maybe a tweeter will ask him his height & weight

View attachment 54650
http://twitter.com/producerduffy/media

[URL="http://twitter.com/producerduffy/media"]

1. I taped her show. It is an awful cut from her to him. She states Mommy wanted a Britax- then cuts to Mr. Duffy's piece. I need to find the link again to Leanna's wish list- as I think the one she wanted is the bigger FF seat (not sure).

In a compact crossover SUV- the seat moved back is past the door line- into the back seat

The seats lean back in that Tucson:

http://images.newcars.com/images/ca...son-SUV-GL-4dr-Front-wheel-Drive-Interior.png

For what it's worth, here's a dealership photo of the interior of RH's make/model of car (2011 Hyundai Tucson)--also taken from the point of view of someone at the driver's door. Gives an idea as to interior size, 'normal' seat position, and also what is viewable from a vantage point outside the driver's door.

I didn't watch NG for the obvious reasons in this thread, but even without a re-enactment it's easy to see that the rear of this car is like a compact, and the top of a rear-facing infant seat buckled in the center of the backseat would be visible between the two front seats. A 22-month old's head would extend even further beyond that.

I still can not find the recreation of car seat from NG last night on you tube:(

I still can not find the recreation of car seat from NG last night on you tube:(

Did you get to see it last night at 2:00 a.m.? I checked around this morning and haven't seen it posted either.

I don't think it will matter if his texting excuse is entered as a defense. There is too much evidence to support that the car seat was so close and that Cooper was too big for the seat. No way to forget with Cooper that close.The interior of the car is smaller than one would think.
\

Didn't the police already state that there was no cell phone activity from Ross from that morning? And none occurred between Chick-Fil-A and The Home Depot Parking lot. I believe that came out at the hearing didn't it?

I know right. I know plenty of guys and women, who drive with the carseat like that. To look cool sometimes lol.

I'm short and move my seat back as far as I possibly can & still reach the gas + break.

Both my husband and my son move the seat back as far as it will go. both are over six feet tall. In a little car like RH's they'd both me more comfortable if the front seat were removed and they could sit in the back! ;)

I'm short and move my seat back as far as I possibly can & still reach the gas + break.

Both my husband and my son move the seat back as far as it will go. both are over six feet tall. In a little car like RH's they'd both me more comfortable if the front seat were removed and they could sit in the back! ;)

BBM. Same here. I'm 5'3" and most of that is long legs...so, while my seat isn't all the way back, it's at least halfway back maybe, not sure how far back it is...but, like you said it's as far back as I can get it and still reach the pedals. And my seat is tilted, not much, just enough to be cool...LOL, JUST KIDDING!!! Personally, I find a slight tilt more comfortable that sitting straight up. Moo.

Same here. I'm 4'11", and I have to push the seat of my truck forward, plus adjust my break and gas pedals to reach them.

If you feel you're being manipulated then perhaps it's you who is being swayed by your emotion?
All I know is that most of us here can put things into perspective and judge for ourselves what is accurate and what isn't. After all, we are adults--with brains.

ETA--Look at REAL pics of the defendant's vehicle at the crime scene. The driver's seat is tilted back. He was 6'2 and 245 lbs!

So, why did they not use a man that size for the reenactment? A tall, large man's head would be close to the roof, and his body would be approximately in the normal driving space as a result of his girth. In other words, he would be forward even if the seat were reclined a bit.

Has an interior shot of his car been posted showing driver's seat position? If so, where and when? I missed it.

So, why did they not use a man that size for the reenactment? A tall, large man's head would be close to the roof, and his body would be approximately in the normal driving space as a result of his girth. In other words, he would be forward even if the seat were reclined a bit.

Has an interior shot of his car been posted showing driver's seat position? If so, where and when? I missed it.

I appreciate your skepticism. I think the fact that his BFF reported that his friend was a staunch creature of habit will be the nail in the coffin - not a precise reenactment of the crime. His BFF said he was a creature of habit - ate the same things every day - did the same things every day. A person so OCD about there routine is going to have also created a habit of looking over his shoulder at his son when he parked his car everyday. It was already reported he was the primary daily driver for daycare drop off. This would be his routine. His routine would include checking on his son. His BFF's interview pretty much confirms that a person of such habitual behavior would not break from routine in such a hazardous way - especially a creature of habit who claims he FEARED doing exactly that. OCD people (if in fact he displays some inclination there) usually go FAR out of their way to address their fears. They check the oven 2 or 3 times, they check the door lock 2 or 3 times, etc.

I think his aversion to breaking routine will speak volumes more than the precise location of his seat position.

My 2 cents anyway

There is a pic somewhere in these early threads... a selfie of RH sitting in his car. His body is aligned with the door frame and I remember commenting on it.

Same here. I'm 4'11", and I have to push the seat of my truck forward, plus adjust my break and gas pedals to reach them.

I'm only 5'4" but also have to keep the seat relatively far back- it's set just close enough to reach the GAS & BRAKE pedals.....no way on earth did RH not see the car seat, much less Cooper himself, especially with him only 6" away. I WOULD NOT believe that in a million years. RIDICULOUS.

You are correct as usual MissJ :)

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2014/07/justin_ross_harris_hearing_bri.html

Det. Stoddard revealed that Cooper was a few inches too big for his car seat, and that the top of his head was more than visible — even with his car seat facing the back of the vehicle like Cooper’s was.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/07/03/justin-ross-harris-sexting-women-cooper-harris/

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...aring_bri.html

Stoddard said Cooper was "several inches" too big for the car cradle, positioned in the middle of the back seat, and testified the child's head would've been visible.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/manawatu-stan...er-left-in-car

Here you go, right from the horses mouth at 9:00:

http://new.livestream.com/wildabouttrial/events/2490138/videos/55596876

Per Stoddard it was 6 inches at the most.

IMO it is probably best not to use MSM since they lie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member