Cases That Haunt You

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Taman Shud Case":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taman_Shud_Case

I just posted it under strange unsolved cases yesterday but it is one that has always been very interesting to me. It all revolves around an unidentified man found on the beach in Australia in 1948, a mystery piece of paper found in a hidden pocket of his trousers and the connection that piece of paper had to a book found in a man's car which then contained a code on the back page along with a phone number for a nurse who lived close to where the man was found dead. All the labels on his clothes were missing, his suitcase was found at the bus station and all the labels were missing from the clothes in there too. There is much more at the link. It is a baffling case.

Pretty much every case that I feature on my blog ends up really getting to me because they're so local and so many of them have gone unsolved for devastatingly long periods of time. If I had to pick a top a few though they'd be:

-Lisa Ziegert: Unsolved murder that happened very close to where I grew up. My mom was always really affected by it and told me she'd never let me work in a store alone because of it.

-UID Found in Tolland, MA: This case has been fairly well publicized in the area, but no one seems to know who this lady is. Even more shocking, it turns out one of her relatives was shot on the same day and left in New Britain, CT and no one knows who she is either. I think this one is going to be solved soon, thankfully, thanks to some new leads.

-UID in Warwick, MA: Arms and legs of a woman were found near a rural road in Massachusetts near the NH border in 1989. Two headless dogs that were shot were found next to her. Who is she and why isn't she in any of the unidentified databases?

-PA Beth Doe: I think this one is a pet case for a lot of people since it seems so horrific that a pregnant teenager could be put into suitcases, thrown by the side of the road, and it seems like no one is looking for her.

-Lynn Burdick: Another (presumably) kidnapped from a store while working alone story that had much of the same impact of the Ziegert case but no one knows where Lynn is, making it that much sadder.

-Michelle Ashley Nicoholaou- I think it's pretty certain that Michael Nicholaou killed her (I'm not sure if he was the CT River Valley Killer though) but I wish her remains could be found for her family's sake. I've been working with Believe09 on this case for over a year now, trying to get various UIDs compared to Michelle.

-Cathy Moulton- It's hard to believe this one has gone 36 years without being solved. If that was Cathy in Aroostook County begging to go home, that's a terrifying thought to me.

I am checking out your blog right now hmg. I have never read it before and I am always looking for new true crime blogs to read. Bianca's case, the last entry you made, has always been interesting to me too. The fact the school let her go with some strange guy with no permission from her parents first is unbelievable.

Trenton Duckett is one that haunts me. It was his case that got me involved at WS in the first place.

I am checking out your blog right now hmg. I have never read it before and I am always looking for new true crime blogs to read. Bianca's case, the last entry you made, has always been interesting to me too. The fact the school let her go with some strange guy with no permission from her parents first is unbelievable.

I am absolutely sick that they just let a ten year old go like that without checking into it. I know a lot of people say the school can't be to blame because Bianca arrived and left before school even began but one teacher saw her go and her own teacher knew she was absent. It seems like they should have at least called her parents to see if it was okay.

The Barbara Gibbons murder in Falls Village Ct in 1973. Her son Peter Reilly was originally charged and convicted, although there was no evidence except for an "induced" confession, which he later recanted. The conviction was overturned and then charges dropped against Peter.

The murder was so vicious, I still wonder to this day who had the anger to commit it.

The Barbara Gibbons murder in Falls Village Ct in 1973. Her son Peter Reilly was originally charged and convicted, although there was no evidence except for an "induced" confession, which he later recanted. The conviction was overturned and then charges dropped against Peter.

The murder was so vicious, I still wonder to this day who had the anger to commit it.

Welcome to WS.

I'm glad you brought this one up. I have seen this episode of American Justice on A&E about 5 times now. I try to watch it every time it's on because I find it a fascinating case. I'm convinced Peter was innocent. I wish they would find the person who committed this horrible crime. You're right, it was a terribly vicious murder. The last I heard, Peter was trying to get some DNA testing done of evidence found at the crime scene. I haven't been able to find any updates as to whether this was done or not, but my feeling is that many members of LE in Connecticut refuse to admit that Peter did not commit this crime, so any effort by Peter to move forward and find out who really killed his mother is probably being halted by LE. I truly believe he is innocent though, and was thoroughly railroaded by cops back in '73 simply because they wanted to solve this case.

http://www.truthinjustice.org/peter-reilly.htm

Welcome to WS.

I'm glad you brought this one up. I have seen this episode of American Justice on A&E about 5 times now. I try to watch it every time it's on because I find it a fascinating case. I'm convinced Peter was innocent. I wish they would find the person who committed this horrible crime. You're right, it was a terribly vicious murder. The last I heard, Peter was trying to get some DNA testing done of evidence found at the crime scene. I haven't been able to find any updates as to whether this was done or not, but my feeling is that many members of LE in Connecticut, refuse to admit that Peter did not commit this crime, so any effort by Peter to move forward and find out who really killed his mother, is probably being halted by LE. I truly believe he is innocent though, and was thoroughly railroaded by cops back in '73 simply because they wanted to solve this case.

http://www.truthinjustice.org/peter-reilly.htm

Thank you!!!I also believe Peter is innocent. His mother, although highly intelligent, seemed to be a very abrasive personality. There must have been a few people who could have been strong suspects. Unfortunately, LE put all their energy into Peter even though there was no physical evidence at all.

This case really affects me. I also havent found many updates, although the author of the book, "Guilty Until Proven Innocent" is a very strong advocate for Peter and finding the truth. Apparently most of the files from the original trial have been "erased". I also feel that the State Police will never admit they were wrong.

This is one of my favorite unsolved cases. 6 children and 2 adults murdered by way of an axe in a home in the small town of Villisca, Iowa on June 9th, 1912. There were plenty of suspects but no one was ever convicted. All curtains in house had been drawn, the victims all had bed clothes put over their faces after they were killed, lamps were found at the foot of two beds with the wicks bent backwards, the axe and a pan of bloody water along with uneaten food was found. Oh yes, and then there was the bacon slab found on the floor in one of the rooms where the bodies of the 2 little girls were found. Fascinating case. There is a really good documentary about it as well.

The Villisca Axe Murders of 1912

http://www.villiscaiowa.com/

http://www.villiscamovie.com/story_01.htm

The Peter Reilly case is definitely an interesting one. It's hard to believe that after all this time the police have still not apologized and even worse have lost so many of the original case files.

I guess I can now add Hasanni Campbell and Jodi Henrickson to the list of cases that hang over me, since they keep going on and on without any resolution...

It's too bad these lists of haunting cases will always continue to grow. :(

I am always going to be haunted by Jessica Phelps unsolved murder.
Carla Corley, missing.
Sharon Marshall, unidentified.
Coral Hall, missing.
An unidentified girl found in CA in 1982, she haunts me so badly that I had to walk away.
Lindsey Baum, missing and definitely haunting.

This list could go on forever, I am a very haunted sort of person.

Ilene Misheloff
Candy Starr-1975
Natalee Holloway
Caylee Anthony
Maddi McCann
Jon Benet Ramsey
Chandra Levy
Bumping for Ilene. Candy's case has been resolved, and the bodies of Caylee and JonBenet and Chandra have been found. We need justice for the others!

Daniele Imbo and Richard Petrone

There has been NOTHING about these 2 since their disappearance.

Daniele Imbo and Richard Petrone

There has been NOTHING about these 2 since their disappearance.

I kept up with their thread here where Richard's family posted often (his cousin, I think?) but I think he was banned for some reason and the thread lost steam after that.

Here is Richard's website operated by his family.
http://www.richardpetrone.com/

The likely abduction of the Beaumont Children in Australia in 1966 is a very interesting case too. I can't imagine what their parents went through losing all three of their children at once. The website below is still updated regularly and has tons of information regarding their disappearence.

There is speculation the Beaumont Children's abduction might be connected with the abduction of Joanne Ratcliff and Kirste Gordon who were abducted from a football game in 1973. The 2 girls were there with their families, went to the bathroom and never returned. http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/575dfsau.html

http://www.beaumontchildren.com/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth
Back