Cases That Haunt You

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We,as the public become so involved in missing/murdered persons cases...Sometimes the guilty person is incarcerated..Yet, we are not privy to the who, what, how's....most especially...The WHY's of the disappearance and/or murder.

Etan Patz
Johnny Gosch
Denise Simpson
Laci Peterson
Natalee Holloway
Jennifer Odom
Haleigh Cummings
Kyron Horman

I guess the motive is: The need for POWER & CONTROL
The need for MONEY, DRUGS...All addictions.

The Boy in the Box
The Three Missing Women, MO

I read a book about the Boy in the Box. The detectives followed every lead, they even took pictures of dead boy posed in live positions, sitting etc. I too hope this one gets solved. They did a very throrough search, some of the leads they tracked down in the book were bizarre. They even looked at old immigrant files/photos. I know they were very dedicated to finding out who he was. I would be too, a beaten very young boy found in a box.

Jacob Wetterling
Etan Kalil Patz
Angie Housman
Heather Kullorn
Bianca Piper
Gina Dawn Brooks
Christian Ferguson
Charles Arlin Henderson
Robin Kerry
Scott Kleeschulte
Lisa Stebic
Stacy Peterson
Bonnie Woodward

I guess I could go on & on. There are so many.

When I started this thread I never dreamed it would still be going strong over two years later....it goes to show the powerful hold many of these cases have on many of us....which I think speaks well of the members of this website that so many still care so much about these victims after so many others have forgotten them.
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.

Debbie Fijan
Etan Patz
Johnny Gosch
Denise Simpson
Laci Peterson
Natalee Holloway
Jennifer Odom
Haleigh Cummings
Kyron Horman
Sharon Marshall
Who killed JonBenet
Monica Libao
Valerie Percy
And Laura Van Whye

There are so many more! These are but a few!

It's so sad.....We follow these cases for months, years...And we never know exactly what happened to them.

Evelyn Hartley by far.

Disappeared babysitting in the 50s. It was a violent crime scene with blood smeared on the outside of the house and stuff all over the inside of the house. There is nothing concrete known about her disappearance. Why was the baby unharmed? How and where did the kidnapper come in, and how did he exit with her? Did the football game have anything to do with it? Was it a case of mistaken identity?

Evelyn Hartley by far.

Disappeared babysitting in the 50s. It was a violent crime scene with blood smeared on the outside of the house and stuff all over the inside of the house. There is nothing concrete known about her disappearance. Why was the baby unharmed? How and where did the kidnapper come in, and how did he exit with her? Did the football game have anything to do with it? Was it a case of mistaken identity?
Evelyn Hartley....thats another thats always got me.

Fawn Cox of Kansas City.
16 years old.
Someone broke into her house in the night and while her family was asleep they raped and killed her in her bedroom on the 2nd floor of her home.
Her mother went in the morning to find out why her alarm was still going off and found her in the bed.
Police said at one time that more than person was involved.
3 people were charged but charges dropped.
Case is in the hands of the Cold Case Squad and after 21 years have still don't have a suspect.

The disappearence of Loy Gillespie. She was on her lunch break from her job at a law firm in 1977, she ran some errands, her car was found back in its normal spot but she never showed up at work. Her purse and belongings were found strewn about under a bridge in KC. Unfortunately there have never been many leads in her case. She just vanished.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/e/evitts_loy.html

Jon Benet Ramsey... I think that's what brought me to WS the very first time - just googling the case one night and stumbling across WS.

Madeline McCann. Natalie Holloway. Nancy Dunning. Springfield Three.

Gillespie
Yeh that one bugs me too, her purse was found 20 miles SE of KC on 50hwy in Unity Village Area.
My guess is that someone was headed out of town after they robbed her and disposed of her body - maybe in the Missouri River.

I also wanted to add Anna Christian Waters... I have read and read and read about that one.

Debbie Fijan
Etan Patz
Johnny Gosch
Denise Simpson
Laci Peterson
Natalee Holloway
Jennifer Odom
Haleigh Cummings
Kyron Horman
Sharon Marshall
Who killed JonBenet
Monica Libao
Valerie Percy
And Laura Van Whye

There are so many more! These are but a few!

I'm not sure how I could have forgotten these two:

Anna C. Waters and
Michaela Garrecht

Of course these are but a drop in the bucket!

Christine Jessop, October 3rd, 1984:

"Homicide Squad
Unsolved Cold Case

Homicide: #0/1984
Date: October 3, 1984

Victims
Christine JESSOP
9/F

Christine Jessop lived in Queensville, Ontario. Christine Jessop was 9-years-old when she died. She was 4 feet 9 inches tall and she weighed only 40 pounds
Details of Investigation
On the morning of October 3, 1984, Christine Jessop boarded the school bus for the 1.2 kilometer drive to school.

During the day, her teacher distributed recorders to the students which they all took home. When she returned home the school bus dropped her off at about 3:50 p.m. No one was home. Christine Jessop and Leslie, a school mate, had arranged to meet at the park after school that day and Leslie did go to the park at about 4:00 p.m., but Christine Jessop never arrived.

Phone calls which Leslie made to the Jessop home shortly after that went unanswered. Christine Jessop went from her home to the variety store .07 kilometers from home. Chris, its owner, said that she came in alone between 3:30 and 4:00 in the afternoon, bought bubble gum and left a minute or so later. Various other witnesses gave evidence as to seeing Christine Jessop that afternoon.

Various searches for Christine Jessop were conducted in the area of Queensville in the days and in the weeks following her disappearance. The investigation by the York Police continued through November and December 1984.

The body of Christine Jessop was discovered on December 31, 1984, in Durham Region, about 56 kilometers east of the Jessop residence, and near the town of Sunderland. The main west to east thoroughfare in the area is a road known as the Ravenshoe Road."

Suspects
UNKNOWN

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/homicide/case/281

A man was wrongfully convicted and released because of DNA evidence that did not match his. There has been no new suspect.

I saw her autopsy photos when I was in university (taking forensic anthropology) and know about the many mistakes that occurred in the primary investigation. This case has haunted me ever since.

Does anyone know the case of the young girl (teen?) who went missing from the same spot at the same time a year after her mother went missing? I've been thinking about that girl lately. I wonder what happened to her. And her mother.

April Tinsley Fort Wayne, In
http://www.aboitetimes.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1848&Itemid=53

Tinsley cold case back in spotlight
Updated: Tuesday, 31 Mar 2009, 7:53 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 31 Mar 2009, 5:25 PM EDT

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/local_wane_fort_wayne_tinsley_most_wanted_200903211719

snip
Two years after April's body was found, someone scrawled the message "I kill April Marie Tinsley" on the side of a Fort Wayne barn. Then, just five years ago, notes mentioning April's murder appeared on young girls' bikes and in a mailbox.

"Even though this case is 21 years old, we have the killer taunting us... He clearly wants to be in the press. He wants the media exposure. Now we're giving that to him and maybe this time we'll win," said Griffiths.

Investigators think the killer could still be living in the area. They hope national attention will inspire someone to come forward.

"[The killer has] been living with this for 21 years. They know what they've done and I'm certain it couldn't be a good thing for them to try to live with," said Fries.

One that has always bothered me, is the double murder of a married couple, Jean and Lloyd Davidson in their home in April 1990 in Big Spring, TX. I can't find any links on it. It was never solved. It was a brutal murder and it really scared me at the time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back