Cases That Haunt You

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Iam looking for someone who might remember this It was a crime where somebody was found dead in a bathtub It was a male and it was concidered by the LE as a suicide but as you looked at the pictures you could make out all the different bruises and i think a legature bruise that wasn't there when they initally declared it a suicide . Does anyone remember this case and who it was I don;t even remember how long ago it was or where i saw it the only thing that made me remember it was the show Disappeared and the missing persons case of the calverts the poi gerwick was found in the tub I dont know maybe its that case if not it was something similar at least in how the person had dies and the pics were showing marks on him that just shouldn't have been there in a suicide..Does anyone remember this . ?

On valentines day 1984, Cassandra Rundle and her son and daughter were murdered a block from my quiet neighborhood home in Colorado Springs.They were bludgeoned with hockey sticks and Cassandra and her child were strangled and raped as well.There was no forced entry, and it seemed the son may have escaped briefly, as neighbors saw him in the yard ina daze early in the morning. The children were both young.

Cassandra's ex husband claims to have found the murder victims when he cam to the home tondeliever Valentines at 6:30 or so in the morning.

Over three hundred pieces of physical evidence were reported to have been taken, yet no arrest has been made.

Cassandra's parents blocked an attempt to collect life insurance by the ex husband , Doug Peltzer.

Famed detective Lou Smit and other talented cops were on the case, to no avail.

It haunts me to this day.

There are lots of cases that I would love to see solved and a lot that bother me, but the Girl Scout Murders would definitely be the one that I'd say truly haunts me. There are so many details of it that I can't let myself think about at night when I'm home alone (and I live alone, so... at night in general) - the sounds people reported hearing that night, the fact that the intruder put on one of the counselors' glasses, seeing the little girls in their sleeping bags, etc. I work at a summer camp every year and I especially can't let myself think about the case when it's the middle of the night and I'm having to walk in the dark from the cabin to the bathhouse. It's by far one of the saddest, most disturbing cases I've ever read about.

-CAUTION GRAPHIC-Think the case that has haunts me came just a few days ago..The crime took place here in my hometown-Syracuse NY.Carol Ryan 1996-She left a bar to walk a few blocks home,but ended up about 10 miles away,she was beaten and a M80 put in her,she laid there in the cold dark night for 5 hrs,she died on the way to the hospital.This crime is beyond evil..I would like to see this crime solved for her son,who was only 3 when this happened.
I went to that bar a few times,not a nice place.I use to live a block from it.We still drive by it sometimes-I think about
her almost everyday now-wishing I could do something!!!

Iam looking for someone who might remember this It was a crime where somebody was found dead in a bathtub It was a male and it was concidered by the LE as a suicide but as you looked at the pictures you could make out all the different bruises and i think a legature bruise that wasn't there when they initally declared it a suicide . Does anyone remember this case and who it was I don;t even remember how long ago it was or where i saw it the only thing that made me remember it was the show Disappeared and the missing persons case of the calverts the poi gerwick was found in the tub I dont know maybe its that case if not it was something similar at least in how the person had dies and the pics were showing marks on him that just shouldn't have been there in a suicide..Does anyone remember this . ?

anyone ?

On valentines day 1984, Cassandra Rundle and her son and daughter were murdered a block from my quiet neighborhood home in Colorado Springs.They were bludgeoned with hockey sticks and Cassandra and her child were strangled and raped as well.There was no forced entry, and it seemed the son may have escaped briefly, as neighbors saw him in the yard ina daze early in the morning. The children were both young.

Cassandra's ex husband claims to have found the murder victims when he cam to the home tondeliever Valentines at 6:30 or so in the morning.

Over three hundred pieces of physical evidence were reported to have been taken, yet no arrest has been made.

Cassandra's parents blocked an attempt to collect life insurance by the ex husband , Doug Peltzer.

Famed detective Lou Smit and other talented cops were on the case, to no avail.

It haunts me to this day.

Where can I get comprehensive case info?

Arlis Perry - Murdered on the Stanford University Campus in a Chapel - 10/12/74 - Very odd murder (Maury Terry in his book on David Berkowictz - Son of Sam - "Ultimate Evil" tries to link it to some type of cross country Satanist group.

Zodiac Killer - 1960's

Texarkana Moonlight Murders - 1946.

A couple close to home in Nebraska.

Richard Chadek III - 3/23/86 - 11 years old - kidnapped off his bicycle from a bank parking lot - found murdered 3/31/86.

Peak Family - William - 53, Bernice - 50, Barbara - 14 - shot to death in their home 9/10/72.

Thomas Hunter - age 11 and the family maid Shirlee Sherman - 57 - found murdered in the home 3/13/2008.

And a couple from Australia

Crawford Family Murders - 7/2/1970 - Elmer Crawford murdered his pregnant wife and three children, by electrocution and bludgeoning and then pushing the family car with the bodies in it over a cliff into the ocean. The car got caught on a small ledge part way down the cliff which led to the discovery of the murders. Elmer Crawford returned home and tried to clean up the murder scene and then disappeared.

Wanda Beach Murders - 1/11/1965 - Marianne Schmidt and Christine Sharrock murdered in broad daylight in the dunes of Wanda Beach.

Hello everyone! I am a new poster but have been reading Websleuths for years. Here is my list of cases that haunt me:

Terry and Darleen Anderson murders-It just seems like somebody would have talked by now.
Brian Shaffer
Scott and Amy Fandel
The Baskin children- I know it has been solved but my heart breaks for their parents. Did they ever get to talk to them?
Natalie Holloway
McStay family
Girl Scout murders
Ray Gricar-related to the Penn St. drama??
Jennifer Kesse

Sorry- three more

Brittanee Drexel
Deanna Merryfield
Heather Teague

Shannon Eileen Staal
Missing since July 10, 1979 from Riverside County, California.
Classification: Missing
Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: July 30, 1942
Age at Time of Disappearance: 36 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2" (157 cm.); 125 lbs. (57 kg.)
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
Birthmarks, Scars: Staal has a scar between the big and second toe on her right foot and a scar on her left middle finger below the second knuckle. She has a healed fracture to her nose and a healed fracture to her right foot. She is missing her tonsils.
AKA: Shannon Eileen Hickey; Shannon Eileen Hickory
Dentals: Full dental plate. Dentals are unavailable.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Staal was last seen in Riverside County, California on July 10, 1979.

Barbara Nantais,15 yrs old; Aug. 13, 1978
Claire Hough, 14 yrs old; Aug. 24, 1984

Both were found murdered on the beach and are cold cases.
Barbara was a friend of mine in high school when she died and I've never forgotten her.

Scott Kleeschulte- 9 yo went missing in St. Louis in 1988.

Diane and Baby Elizabeth (Beth) Funchess from San Jose, CA. 1977. Diane (the mother), was found deceased; buried in a shallow grave in the Santa Cruz Mountains. Baby Beth remains missing. I pray this case will be solved. I have never forgotten them.

I want to say this might be the Danny Casolaro case, but I never saw a picture of the body. Cops called it a suicide, but it was suspicious because Casolaro was a freelance journalist who claimed he'd uncovered a government conspiracy he termed The Octopus. Here's the wiki link:

Danny Casolaro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even if this isn't the case you're referring to, give the Casolaro info a read. It's super freaky.

Some that bother me:

"Johnny Lee Mills" - This is a pet case of mine. Somebody must know who this kid was. It doesn't make sense he's been unidentified.

Johnny Gosch case and all the drama that goes with it.

Steven Koecher - just a disappearance that doesn't make sense. What happened to him?

Joey Lynn Offutt
Matthew Huszar
Mcstay family
Jason Jolkowski

For me, it's this unidentified teenage girl who was pushed in front of a car in Florida. I always thought Sleuthster's theory was very good, but I take it there's been no further news?

Also, Cherrie Mahan.I was a year and a half older than her, and lived not too far away in north-central West Virginia. I remember looking out for the van with the skier on the side every time we went in the car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k2910
Back