Casey Anthony Legal Defense Strategies #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The longer this case goes....it seems clear that the only hope that this Inmate has is the insanity defense. I think the jailhouse writings confirm this. I think even her mother must now realize this. It is the only chance at saving KC's life, I think.

I think when she tried to hide the body that is admitting guilt. When you are insane you don't know the difference. But by the time she gets to trial she could be insane. jmo

I think her lying and everyone knowing that about her works out for her at this point. Everyone already knows she lies so this opens the door for the defense to change the whole story. So I think they will work their defense to include that she wrapped Caylee up after an accident and did the dumping. This would explain all the evidence found thats tied to the house including the duct tape. Nobody at this point can prove how Caylee died and the 31 days and her partying and the tatoo is heartless, selfish, narcissistic (sp), sociopathic and all the things we say she is but that wont prove murder. I hope I'm wrong but I have seen plenty that scares me about this case. What else could they possible use at this point. IMO

My apologies...the story about who Caylees Dad is has been the same, and others have stated different names. I do believe that Casey knows though. I think the accident story is likely truthful seeing as she told it numerous times. JMO of course :)

I would LOVE LOVE to see any testimony from Casey in which she says Caylee's death was an accident! Have you seen something I've missed?
This is BIG!

We have mountains of evidence in this case...this family has been thoroughly investigated....why is it that the identity of Caylee's father is not known? For some reason, I feel it is relevant. Does anyone else agree?

I guess it depends on the guy but if I thought Caylee was mine I would be here for her. (Actually maybe I would be afraid of being acused) I'm not sure how many stand up guys she was with, but I would love to know who it is.

Isn't the father dead? I think if he is dead it would be unfair to his family to be thrown into this case. They have lost a son or brother or nephew and a now a granddaughter or neice, I think that's enough for them.

Insanity defense won't fly, IMO..she must have documented proof of having mental issues, much like Andrea Yates did...no, I do not believe Inmate Anthony would even go along with that one...JMHO

No, It truly won't fly but she better give it a try or ole sparky will be waiting in the wings.

I would LOVE LOVE to see any testimony from Casey in which she says Caylee's death was an accident! Have you seen something I've missed?
This is BIG!

This was in reference to Caylees Father. The posts prior to it showed that clearly. If ever I DO come across that information, I will certainly post it though :)

ETA: I see it is actually within the very post you quoted, my mistake!

she's not insane, legally...no doubt she has personality disorders, she's probably a sociopath, a narcissist. She reminds me of Diane Downs who shot her kids...
she should just plead guilty to manslaughter. SHe's not going to be acquitted and she'll probably get life in prison. Also, she would avoid the death penalty, which I am against... but even if she gets parole, by then she will be too old to have more kids.

The longer this case goes....it seems clear that the only hope that this Inmate has is the insanity defense. I think the jailhouse writings confirm this. I think even her mother must now realize this. It is the only chance at saving KC's life, I think.

IMO KC was and continues to be too calculating and conniving to qualify for insanity. I do agree that it's possibly the defense's best hope for at least a hung jury, but the facts simply don't support it.

Sure, stealing your buddy's checks and buying bras at Target may seem "insane," not to mention the month of "ugly coping"... but this woman--and yes KC you are a woman and a mother like it or not--is far too rational for an insanity defense to stick. (IMO again.)

Pre-Caylee's murder there is still plenty of evidence of where this was headed. Denial of pregnancy? That's not insanity, that is dysfunction. We could go on in this vein. And if the defense is thinking of working the sexual abuse angle to get to an insanity defense I hope they rethink. Absolutely nothing in this case, right down to the circumstances of the disposal, says "insanity."

Defense will of course still try it. I just don't think jurors will buy it.

This was in reference to Caylees Father. The posts prior to it showed that clearly. If ever I DO come across that information, I will certainly post it though :)

Oh Darn! You got me all excited! I thought she finally cracked up and has gone the next step on the way to actually telling the truth for once in her life. Not that I think an accident is anywhere close to the truth, but at least it's a step away from the Nanny story and on the road to truth.

I should have guessed I'd gotten it wrong. Casey is still stuck on the last Nanny story #3. Sigh.

Oh Darn! You got me all excited! I thought she finally cracked up and has gone the next step on the way to actually telling the truth for once in her life. Not that I think an accident is anywhere close to the truth, but at least it's a step away from the Nanny story and on the road to truth.

I should have guessed I'd gotten it wrong. Casey is still stuck on the last Nanny story #3. Sigh.

BBM Which story is #3? :waitasec: The one to RA? Is there anything in particular that has led you to believe that this is the one she is stuck on? I would love to know why you think so.

While NOT a member of the legal profession, I'm rather sure that the legal definition of insanity has not been met by this defendant as her actions have demonstrated that she is capable of recognizing the difference between right and wrong. The rule of law: M'Naghten rule says defendants may be acquitted only if they labored "under such defect of reason from disease of the mind" as to not realize what they were doing or why it was a crime. No need to LIST the lies to prove that inmate felon Anthony evaded accountability of her actions.

Now the ability of this particular case driving the interested public into the depths of insanity, THAT's a strong possibility!

Insanity defense won't fly, IMO..she must have documented proof of having mental issues, much like Andrea Yates did...no, I do not believe Inmate Anthony would even go along with that one...JMHO

Having documented proof didn't even work for Andrea Yates. She was found guilty. God told her to do it, and she knew it was wrong to kill, therefore the jury decided she was not insane because she knew right from wrong. The poor woman thought that killing her children and sending them to heaven was the only way to save them from Satan. It was only years later on appeal that she was found to be insane. She is now institutionalized and will probably never be released.

We lived in Texas when this trial was going on. Interesting side note is that there was another mother in Texas who killed her children around the same time frame by bashing their heads in with a rock. The devil told her to do it, and therefore it was decided she did not know it was wrong. She was found innocent by reason of insanity. Shows just how "insane" the definition of the insanity defense is in most states. Both these women were legitimately very ill.

And, Jesse Grund too. He had to get a DNA test done. Those were just around the time Caylee was conceived. There also was RM, AR (LE who lied knowing her), TL, BS (she thought she was pregnant with his child)....so we are over 7 that we know of within the past few years.

And speaking of Jesse, didn't she put something in one of the letters about how it took so l o n g to get the results back and wasn't that weird? Makes a person wonder if she wasn't trying to cook up some story about someone tampering with the results or something...:waitasec:

And speaking of Jesse, didn't she put something in one of the letters about how it took so l o n g to get the results back and wasn't that weird? Makes a person wonder if she wasn't trying to cook up some story about someone tampering with the results or something...:waitasec:

Caylee was born full term on 9 August. That is 40 weeks gestation, taking us back to conception around Nov 1st 2004.
Jesse did not meet KC until Jan 2005, and says they were not 'together' until the end of January.
He eventually did the Math... and asked for a paternity test which gave a Zero per cent possibility of his being the Father.
You really have to assume KC is lying whenever she speaks. Or writes.

Does anyone think Cindy knows who it is? I have thought that Cindy did know Casey was pregnant early on and had not told George until it was obvious to him. I think Cindy knows who it is.

BBM Which story is #3? :waitasec: The one to RA? Is there anything in particular that has led you to believe that this is the one she is stuck on? I would love to know why you think so.

Umm - because we haven't heard anything else about her moving on and saying something else?

I know I'm talking to myself here and I'm OK with it, so maybe they found out about the father in the diary.

Umm - because we haven't heard anything else about her moving on and saying something else?

She is not very efficient at keeping track of her lies, so she has started to write them down now, for future reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc