Casey Anthony VS Hacking, Peterson and others

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find Casey to be of considerably lower intelligence than Peterson. Scott was able to have a pretty successful life and knew how to capitalize on his strengths. Casey was an uninspired waste.

LOL - Oh Horace, no need to be so kind - tell us how you really feel!

ITA, and Susan Smith?

Susan Smith's mother, while supporting her daughter, did not deny what she had done...however, her step-father did admit to his molestation of her in order to provide underlying dysfunction and/or sympathy for her actions. So although GA or LA deny this same allegation by KC, KC threw this accusation into the mix. Incest, one way or another is a common factor in crazy women cases, I guess.

I was pg during the Susan Smith case, and I just knew she had done it. I'm not sure why.

The glasses thing, to me, doesn't mean much. Before I had LASIK, I wore glasses or contacts. Sometimes I just didn't go to the trouble of putting the contacts in, even though my vision was better with them. Also, people are far or nearsighted, (or both in my case!) so that may affect why people put on/take off glasses. I just had LASIK again on one eye, and prior to that, I had a pair of glasses that I wore depending on the lighting. If it was dark or hazy, or poor lighting, I had to have them on. But if I stepped outside into the light, I had to take them off. It was quite annoying, which is why I had the procedure done again!

I do remember an analyst pointing out that while Susan Smith was pleading for her sons on national TV, that she wore a big white pretty scrunchie (memba those in the 90's) in her hair. The analyst thought that that was very telling on how she fixed herself up for her TV appearance. Not the usual appearance of a frantic, grieving mother. (sound familiar?)

This Eraser Killer comparison idea is pretty good for Casey IMO. She was living a completely fake life, fake job, faking to Amy that her parents were handing over the house to her, faking George's mini-stroke to get out of driving to Jacksonville with Amy etc, etc, blah blah blah.....

As far as these lies catching up with her, I think the only person she was worried about keeping them from was Cindy, she could care less about Tony and whether or not he wanted boys or girls IMO, because Tony was just the latest in her string of guys and was well on his way to being replaced by Will or whoever popped into her life next time she was at Fusion while he was working.

I think she has a closer resemblance to Scott P and Mark H than the women mentioned here. I think Scott 'erased' Laci and Conner because they were about to become a major burden and restriction on him from living out his fantasies as a free wheeling playboy casanova ('Hey...Ladies!'), with Mark H, I think the motivation was slightly different as Lori had just unearthed his 'big lie' and he 'erased' her to avoid being exposed.

With Casey I can see a combination of both motivations in her decision to 'erase' Caylee, not only was Caylee a major burden on her time and restriction on her (yes she had an active social life, but she wanted MORE, remember Casey's friends saying that whenever she went out Cindy was on the phone to her, and made her come home early? Even on the 15th June Cindy called Casey to come home from Tony's), but Caylee was able to expose Casey to her mom for the lies she's been living, I really think that Cindy had started to grill Caylee for info and had started throwing things she had learned back in Casey's face, and I believe the duct tape is the prefect expression of this, Casey silenced her.

As far as scale of evil goes with Casey, I would put her higher than Scott P, or Mark H for one simple reason, I think their murders were between themselves and their victims, and not intended to 'get at' anyone else (although of course many others were deeply hurt) but with Casey I think she had one more reason to kill Caylee, and one that she had been incubating for awhile ~ revenge. 'This one was for you Mom'. And I don't think she regrets it.

ITA, and Susan Smith?

When you mention Susan Smith, all I can think of is the elaborate tale she told of a black man car jacking her car with the two boys in it. Although I can't remember now how long it was, she maintained that story for at least a week or more.

Then compare it to the recent case of Shaquan Duley suffocating her two boys, ages 2 and 18 months, and pushing her car into a river. While she initially claimed she had an accident, she quickly confessed to killing her two children.

Although what these two women did was horrific, of the two, I think Susan Smith is a classic sociopath, where as Shaquan Duley may have a lot of other issues but isn't a sociopath.

When you mention Susan Smith, all I can think of is the elaborate tale she told of a black man car jacking her car with the two boys in it. Although I can't remember now how long it was, she maintained that story for at least a week or more.

Then compare it to the recent case of Shaquan Duley suffocating her two boys, ages 2 and 18 months, and pushing her car into a river. While she initially claimed she had an accident, she quickly confessed to killing her two children.

Although what these two women did was horrific, of the two, I think Susan Smith is a classic sociopath, where as Shaquan Duley may have a lot of other issues but isn't a sociopath.
When I saw Susan Smith's TV plea for the "kidnappers", I turned to my husband and immediately said, "Those tears are fake!"

Personally, I would compare the CA case to the ongoing Kyron Horman case.

• Freedom -- if TH did this, it was to get rid of Kyron so she could have Kaine and baby K to herself. Casey wanted her freedom as well.

Lies - both TH and CA lied about a lot of stuff. TH - drinking, sexting, MFH plot

Missing - both children mysteriously seen with the last known person they were with

Exes and parents, spouses - lots of drama in both cases. From the ex's coming forward, to TH now living with her parents. Dede Spicer and Amy H front and center.

All just my opinion. Will TH crack -- I think she's a lot like CA personality wise, and won't say a word. Who can go on sexting when a child is missing? Both TH and CA. Though CA was with a guy while CA was missing.

Too much the same in personality I say - and we probably won't hear a word from TH.

Mel

I see a lot of similarities between the CA and KH cases too. I think you're on target regarding TH.......I think she's a lot like Casey and won't talk.

When I saw Susan Smith's TV plea for the "kidnappers", I turned to my husband and immediately said, "Those tears are fake!"

OMG, I said the same, exact thing to MY husband as well!!! I thought I saw her smile a few times through those dry tears as she "wept". I immediately cried and told him she did it!!!

Yes, I remember watching that also and never dreaming a woman could actually do that to her children, still thought - something is very wrong here - this isn't real or ringing true for me at all!

And seeing her several other times, the feeling of hollowness or emptiness in what she was saying was worse - so wasn't at all surprised when she was arrested. But horrified I was right just the same. Those poor babies!

I find Casey to be of considerably lower intelligence than Peterson. Scott was able to have a pretty successful life and knew how to capitalize on his strengths. Casey was an uninspired waste.

BBM as they say...

HUGE WASTE!!!!

I think ICA would have confessed early on like Susan. She had already reached the end of the hallway and she knew it. She knew that the LE was on to her lies and was even laughing about them knowing. There's a video on that. But, the difference between her and Susan was JB. He came on board and shut her up.

Getting bail didn't help much either because she was able to see that she could still pull the wool over both her parents and whatever she said or did was okay with them. They encouraged her to continue to keep her mouth shut and lie, lie, lie.

JMO

I think ICA would have confessed early on like Susan. She had already reached the end of the hallway and she knew it. She knew that the LE was on to her lies and was even laughing about them knowing. There's a video on that. But, the difference between her and Susan was JB. He came on board and shut her up.

Getting bail didn't help much either because she was able to see that she could still pull the wool over both her parents and whatever she said or did was okay with them. They encouraged her to continue to keep her mouth shut and lie, lie, lie.

JMO

If she had confessed early on do you think the DP would still be on the table? If not then JB, and her parents are partly responsible for the position she's in now.

I was pg during the Susan Smith case, and I just knew she had done it. I'm not sure why.

Me too! I was expecting my oldest son and knew she did it! But I know why I thought that - I was literally 100 pages into Small Sacrifices (Ann Rule's book about Dianne Downs) and it was eerily familiar.

My DH was shocked. (And also very disturbed that I was reading that while pg.)

If she had confessed early on do you think the DP would still be on the table? If not then JB, and her parents are partly responsible for the position she's in now.

If Casey had confessed early on, prior to JB coming aboard, or if JB had elected to take the plea offer that the prosecution offered initially, I don't think the death penalty would be on the table right now.

The prosecution's plea offer had a deadline on it, and although I can't remember now exactly what day, I think it was in late August of 2008. JB's reaction to the plea offer was along the lines of "I won't ever address it" or something like that. He scoffed at the idea, like it was beneath his dignity to take a plea bargain.

From that point on, I was convinced that JB was only in this for his own profit. He had his eye on making a name for himself and writing a book. The best interests of his client went out the window.

If Casey had confessed early on, prior to JB coming aboard, or if JB had elected to take the plea offer that the prosecution offered initially, I don't think the death penalty would be on the table right now.

The prosecution's plea offer had a deadline on it, and although I can't remember now exactly what day, I think it was in late August of 2008. JB's reaction to the plea offer was along the lines of "I won't ever address it" or something like that. He scoffed at the idea, like it was beneath his dignity to take a plea bargain.

From that point on, I was convinced that JB was only in this for his own profit. He had his eye on making a name for himself and writing a book. The best interests of his client went out the window.

I agree, I think it's pretty hypocritical of JB and her parents to claim that they are 'fighting for her life' and blaming the state for what is likely to happen to Casey. They need to blame themselves. They were given an out, they didn't take it. Their own fault.

(respectfully snipped)

I will never forget what Susan's statement about the "black carjacker" did to the community.

And then along comes Casey 15 years later with the "Hispanic nanny"......:furious:

MOO

I agree with 99% of what you've said so well Leila, with one exception.
I think once the SA knew about the duct tape, the death penalty was there on the table to stay.
If the SA had offered a deal early on, and expected ICA and Baez to accept it, I think it would have been conditional to recovering Caylee's body. Once Dr. G inspected the body and reported her findings, I think any deal re no death penalty would have been lifted off the table so fast, Baez's head would still be spinning. The SA and the OCSD were very very upset with their findings.

w/ susan smith, iirc she was rejected by a ( hope to be boyfriend) who among other things said there were things in her life that werent suited to him, specifically her children( didnt want a 'ready made family')- i remeber reading that as the first page on the www.crimelibrary.com=look for susan smith case) he wrote her that dear john letter...i think that is what made her snap, IMO.
KC too freaked out w/ tony didnt want girls, and when they found the paper w/ "casey lazzaro, mrs tony lazzaro, ect" doodled( like a school girl fantasy of what her name would be if she married her love) is what made the connection between susan and KC in my mind..again just my opinion...

I also recently read about the Diane Downs case and found what I believe speaks to that way of thinking/speaking.

When Diane brought her kids into the ER she was quoted as having said "Do you mean the bullet missed his heart? Gee whiz!" when told one of her children didn't die from his injuries.

Downs was really concerned with calling the married man she was obsessed with at the time. Her attitude was also very suspicious because she was very calm and collected just like Casey Anthony.

She even commented to the ER nurse how embarassed she was because she was out in public with no make up on (I'm not making this up).

Additionally, Diane's ex-husband when asked if he thought she could harm the kids. He said no way, but obviously he was wrong.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/famous/downs/index_1.html

If you google Diane Downs on youtube, there are some great videos that really provide insight into how disconnected from human emotions Downs was. It provides insight into Casey as well, IMO.

I agree with 99% of what you've said so well Leila, with one exception.
I think once the SA knew about the duct tape, the death penalty was there on the table to stay.
If the SA had offered a deal early on, and expected ICA and Baez to accept it, I think it would have been conditional to recovering Caylee's body. Once Dr. G inspected the body and reported her findings, I think any deal re no death penalty would have been lifted off the table so fast, Baez's head would still be spinning. The SA and the OCSD were very very upset with their findings.

Found it....they offered conditional immunity back in Aug / Sept 2008 http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=5707012&page=1 which would have meant that;

'statements Anthony made to investigators could not be used against her in court.'

So agree, all that would have meant was that all the Zanny stories wouldn't be able to be used against her in court. So yes, once Caylee was found DP could still have been sought.

The sheriff's department said on Monday that FBI lab tests, "along with additional evidence that has not been made public, leads investigators to the belief there is a strong probability that Caylee [Anthony] is deceased."

Can't wait to see everything the State has in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member